• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelics with antipsychotics - Do NOT waste your time or risk it.

You probably got bunk acid. Antipsychotics are a truly invaluable tool at the tail end of a trip (bad or not) or speed binge.

Uh, what? If a person is on antipsychotics, it's unlikely they're going to trip if they take psychedelics...

If you do some research there's actually info somewhere, it may actually be erowid, where they found that different anti-psychotics and anti-depressants suppressed activity of one psychedelic but not another, some MDMA, some not, etc. It's actually not black and white, there are some exceptions.

Ah, well okay I've never taken an antipsychotic. Anyway the advice we generally give on here is that if you're on SSRIs or antipsychotics, expect that it will be much harder to trip. I would think in particular antipsychotics would make it really difficult in most cases, since you can take one to kill a trip.

I’m on 10mg of Zyprexa 1x a day for 3 years, and it makes drugs suck. It blocks your dopamine and your serotonin receptors where lsd hits. When you take it with anti psychotics you get an odd, stimulated light-headed/uncomfortable feeling for however long. And you get the same feeling no matter what drug it is (for me at least) so I pretty much gave up on it for a while till my doc wanted me to come off it.. I’m 10 days off of it and it has mad withdrawals for a long time. I’ve been trying to get an estimate on how long I have to stop taking the drug for me to trip again and I can’t get an answer (they answer it takes 7 days but that’s just to get outta my system not how long my receptors blocked for. Just you shouldn’t be taking psychs with AP’s. I was misdiagnosed and miss tripping. Forget about all psychs including mdma and it even blocked dmt. I heard k works though, (along with booze benzos and I think opiates). Your not going to get euphoria from anything anytime soon. I’m just waiting for these withdrawals to kick in and see how bad they get.. I’ve kicked h but I heard this is worse and can take a year or two and many attempts before getting off of it.

May I ask which anti-psychotics you were on, and the strength and type of LSD? Was it fresh, or did you maybe have it laying around for a while? Let's see if we can figure out how and why this happened. There are people reading this thread who are on medicine(s) for which your advice may not apply.

Seems like a great opportunity to create an anti-psychotics / psychedelics spreadsheet that we can all update and share.
I'm on Invega and have tripped on mushrooms (South African Transkei), LSD, and MDMA. Some of the MDMA was unpredictable as I wouldn't roll every time. Also allylescaline and 1P-LSD. But those were not euphoric but thought inducing. Anyway, they are good with invega.

can i switch to invega and have no withdrawas from zyprexa?
Ah, well okay I've never taken an antipsychotic. Anyway the advice we generally give on here is that if you're on SSRIs or antipsychotics, expect that it will be much harder to trip. I would think in particular antipsychotics would make it really difficult in most cases, since you can take one to kill a trip.
nah i didnt take just one to kill a trip ive only had to kill a trip once since i became a psychonuat. ive been on zyprexa for 3 years.. i tried kicking it and couldnt its harder than dope and it takes 1-2 years for them to dissipate. currently looking for an aintipychotic like seroquel that will take my zyprexa withdrawels away and then kick seroquel when the time comes. any help or know of any meds let me know.
I'm on Invega and have tripped on mushrooms (South African Transkei), LSD, and MDMA. Some of the MDMA was unpredictable as I wouldn't roll every time. Also allylescaline and 1P-LSD. But those were not euphoric but thought inducing. Anyway, they are good with invega.
can invega stop my zyprexa withdrawels if i automatically start taking invega?

can i switch to invega and have no withdrawas from zyprexa?

nah i didnt take just one to kill a trip ive only had to kill a trip once since i became a psychonuat. ive been on zyprexa for 3 years.. i tried kicking it and couldnt its harder than dope and it takes 1-2 years for them to dissipate. currently looking for an aintipychotic like seroquel that will take my zyprexa withdrawels away and then kick seroquel when the time comes. any help or know of any meds let me know.

can invega stop my zyprexa withdrawels if i automatically start taking invega?
Cannabis is safer, not always accessible. And it might not combat withdrawal. You can try, but I don't know for sure. There is a few year gap between my zyprexa dosing and invega shots.

so you're on both?! weed works for me.
I’m on 10mg of Zyprexa 1x a day for 3 years, and it makes drugs suck. It blocks your dopamine and your serotonin receptors where lsd hits. When you take it with anti psychotics you get an odd, stimulated light-headed/uncomfortable feeling for however long. And you get the same feeling no matter what drug it is (for me at least) so I pretty much gave up on it for a while till my doc wanted me to come off it.. I’m 10 days off of it and it has mad withdrawals for a long time. I’ve been trying to get an estimate on how long I have to stop taking the drug for me to trip again and I can’t get an answer (they answer it takes 7 days but that’s just to get outta my system not how long my receptors blocked for. Just you shouldn’t be taking psychs with AP’s. I was misdiagnosed and miss tripping. Forget about all psychs including mdma and it even blocked dmt. I heard k works though, (along with booze benzos and I think opiates). Your not going to get euphoria from anything anytime soon. I’m just waiting for these withdrawals to kick in and see how bad they get.. I’ve kicked h but I heard this is worse and can take a year or two and many attempts before getting off of it.
OH YEA THEY GET REALLY BAD TOWARD THE END OF THE 2 WEEK MARK. HARDER TO QUIT THEN HEROIN IMO AND ID TRY TO GET OFF ZYPREXA AND MOVE TO ANOTHER ANTIPSYCHOTIC BC ZYPREXA WILL GIVE YOU TREMENDOUS WEIGHT GAIN AND CAN CAUSE DIABETES OR A STROKE.

I've been on Invega since 2013. I've ballooned in size like 100lbs. My blood sugar is ok, but there are serious health complications that I have. There are no benefits to antipsychotics, only side effects.

Can't you just trip by stopping your AP's? I hear you guys will start to hear and see shit. Smoke some herb and you will really be tripping.

Then take AP to kill it when over.
i was mis-diagnosed. my doctor wanted me to stop taking bc i was stable, and once you're stable for about a year or two they get you off it.. but didnt mention ANYTHING about how hard it is to come off of it. and nah its not really recreational when the people who need those meds come off of them and slowly lose their minds and cant control trips, that can last for about 2 weeks. idk about you but i have a feeling anyone not on them when they actually do, they'll prob lose their job and get fucked..