• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelics and sexuality

At that time I was seeing a shrink and she finally asked me: do you ever get aroused by fantasizing about men or looking at men? Your body will tell you what arouses you.

Just because something arouses you still doesn't mean you should act on it.

Drugs distort perceptions,

even sexual tension for that matter can distort somewhat - making you want something that in hindsight you didn't really. That's why I don't think physical arousal is necessarily a good indicator. What you dream about is better.

Whenever contemplating on having on a new sexual experience it is better to fantasize about it to the best of your ability first & masturbate. Once the sexual tension has been released think about how you feel towards that person or act now. If it's not right for you you will know at this point. If all you have are good feelings still, that is a sign that it may be rewarding to proceed in reality.

I have been taking psychedelics since I was 13. I'm 22 now. I definitely feel I have manifested some intense sexual situations to explore because of my use of mind expanding medicines. I have always known that my sexuality wasn't static and I knew that sooner or later I would be presented with opportunities for sexual growth with my gender. I think its really important to be able to explore those natural urges and to be able to feel good about them, but also to have the mindfulness to not dive in when the waters are unsafe and that is up to you to decide. Trust yourself and the unfolding of your life. You have every reason and right to.

-SB- said:
Just because something arouses you still doesn't mean you should act on it.

Drugs distort perceptions,

even sexual tension for that matter can distort somewhat - making you want something that in hindsight you didn't really. That's why I don't think physical arousal is necessarily a good indicator. What you dream about is better.

Whenever contemplating on having on a new sexual experience it is better to fantasize about it to the best of your ability first & masturbate. Once the sexual tension has been released think about how you feel towards that person or act now. If it's not right for you you will know at this point. If all you have are good feelings still, that is a sign that it may be rewarding to proceed in reality.

I agree, it isn't always wise to act on the first impulse to try something new. I was trying to point out that sometimes people get confused over the distinction between sexual attraction and non-sexual attraction to a person. Psychedelics seem to enhance this confusion. Your body helps you to distinguish between those.

jaymie said:
I have been taking psychedelics since I was 13. I'm 22 now. I definitely feel I have manifested some intense sexual situations to explore because of my use of mind expanding medicines. I have always known that my sexuality wasn't static and I knew that sooner or later I would be presented with opportunities for sexual growth with my gender. I think its really important to be able to explore those natural urges and to be able to feel good about them, but also to have the mindfulness to not dive in when the waters are unsafe and that is up to you to decide. Trust yourself and the unfolding of your life. You have every reason and right to.

I agree, great post. I haven't been using psychedelics for anywhere near that long (13??!? that is very young haha), probably about two years now (I'm 20).

Sexuality is of course one of humanity's most persistent and remarkable obsessions, along with drugs and music. So much of what we believe is based around our previous experiences, what we have been told, and what is considered 'acceptable' or 'normal'. At the end of the day, none of this has the slightest bit of relevance to anything. A person's sexualit is indeed never static, and why the hell should it be?

There are only two genders on this planet, and the phobia and stewed truths that surround both are ridiculous and futile; yet so many people are insistent on maintaining these lies. Life is a journey, and thus sexuality is also a jouney. I think to a degree, every single person feels attracted to both in some way. No one is 100% fixed either way.

As yet I haven't had the chance to expore any same-sex experiences, but I consider myself open to them. I also enjoy normal heterosexual experiences and urges. Of course it's not something that you talk about to every 'average joe' on the street, but I think its important that it be discussed (and if necessary, explored) in order for us to develop as human beings.

And what's more, it occurs in nature all the time. There are constantly joke emails that go around offices showing two male monkeys servicing each other. Everybody thinks it's cute and funny. But if two humans were to do it - OMG! FAGGOTS!

It's quite pathetic and sad really.

^^Yeah Im in on that too, ive been attracted to people on drugs then after I come down Im thinking to myself how the hell I could have felt any attraction to this person and not because theyre ugly or anything but simply because I dont find then sexy, but I somehow did.

I think the LSD might be turning me gay!!!

Haha.

Yeah I dig guys a little bit anyways, but just to look at n' stuff. I swear I'm not gay, but LSD can make shit rough. I get way horny.

euphoricnod - i dig you.

your avatar makes me horny.

wanna catch up?
:p

Psychedelics actually kill my libido & anything associated so it's a case of I'd never know (well not exactly kill it, but the whole thought of any sort of sex seems so preposterus & comic that I couldn't for laughing - and believe me, I've tried!)

^I agree, SEX seems ridiculous, but I tend to get oddly horny and sensual....me and my best mate confused each other almightily last weekend on 2C-E, we are very close friends but for but a moment an odd line of intimacy was crossed.....not exactly thrilled about that too. Definite distortion of my real feelings....

Psychedelics & sex go together like perfectly IMO - then again it depends on whom you're with. I've been in situations a long while back where I wouldn't have said the same thing.

A radiant missus is difficult to resist & who would want to resist anyway?

Does anyone else get this radiance thing which is person specific?

^I often detect the Goddess within their eyes, flashing and teasing me....yeh I'm sick :(

^ Yup I can see that in most (women specifically - call me weird if you want) When I refer to radiance I mean something akin to what I presume an aura might look like, except it's not of any colour - it's a brightness an other worldliness seen but unseen yet it occurs very frequently when tripping & also at times when not tripping.

Cue me gazing with amazement yet again speechless.

^I often detect the Goddess within their eyes, flashing and teasing me.

& do you respond via the eyes?

samadhi_smiles said:
I think tripping has helped me become much more open-minded to all aspects of humanity (and reality in general), sexuality included.

haha yeah like hey now that i'm a loved-up hippie who'll see rainbows around everything i'll shag everything that moves ;) teeheehee... sorry s_s, just couldn't resist this one ... *hasty exit* =D

I get bi-curious on MDMA in particular. Or in any case very touchy even with males. But not on other psychedelics, and not when sober. Kinda weird. Sometimes I wonder ......

psychedelics take you outside the box you keep yourself in, your ego, of who you think you are, dies and your a fresh palette of possibility,,,and when you come off the drugs, it's right back to "oh no, that's not me"...who knows what your head keeps as secrets.

Ximot those two posts make you sound like you're trying to get S_S to chase you round the virtual schoolyard =D