Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Psychedelic therapy is Aus?

bit_pattern

Ex-Bluelighter
Does it happen?

I'd love to be able to take mushrooms and spend 4 hours with my therapist, I think we could achieve great things together. Has anyone ever heard of it happening here?

You'd probably have the cops called if you tried. You may be able to find some hippy somewhere who'd talk to you but I doubt a trained professional would deal with someone on psychedelics.

I haven't heard of it happening here but I still believe it would, but trying to find those therapists would be extremely difficult and mostly come down to chance I would imagine.

All professionals will say that they can't treat you if you turn up to an appointment under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

You need to check out The Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies or MAPS and make donations. They are based in the states but are doing some great work here pushing for MDMA 4 PTSD therapy.

Tell Rick I said hello :)

I remember talk of psychedelic therapy trials as far back as '06, but I don't think they went any further than that.

Unfortunately for us, advances in certain medical/scientific fields just doesn't happen. We have to wait for it to be proven successful elsewhere, and even then have to wait many years for it to be pushed through.

You need to check out The Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies or MAPS and make donations. They are based in the states but are doing some great work here pushing for MDMA 4 PTSD therapy.

Tell Rick I said hello :)

Support the local organisations!!

http://prism.org.au/

I believe PRISM recently applied to do a study involving MDMA assisted psychotherapy, but were rejected by an ethics committee and are currently reviewing their application for resubmission soon.

thats pretty ironic that an ethics committee is making unethical rulings

It's like rai-ee-ain, when you're trying to score.

A free hit when you've already paid.

Wait, that's not ironic. Ironically.

There's a video in the MDMA nat geo series (I think, or couldd have been a different series will try and find a link) where a woman is guided through an mdma or lsd session with her therapist to get over the loss of her long time husband. She is in her sixties the patient

It may have been even in canada, it was done in complete seclusion, like a couple hr trip through bushland because the therapist is rightfully scared of legal prosecutions.

Yeah i recall seeing that, i cant remember if it was a national geo one or not either tho.

Serious. Are they supposed to turn you away?

Yes. They are as they are not assessing you fairly.

There are exceptions of course. Say if you were in Hospital being treated for an accute episode and needed an assessment so that the Doctors or Toxicologists knew what they were dealing with.

I am sure there are friendly Doctors out there but we don't need to hear about them here :)