View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psilocybin/psilocin extraction

Seph

Bluelighter
Posted in the sub thread but it's been quiet for sometime , I was curious whether an extraction from dried shrooms using d-limonene would work as it seems to be an effective solvent free food safe method for nn dmt and mescaline extractions ?

you mean d-limonene only or with a polar extraction beforehand? as far as I'm aware, psilocybin is present in the mushrooms as a zwitterion, thus it won't be easy to get it into a non-polar solvent (correct me if I'm wrong)... about psilocin, I don't know.

I've read about extracting with methanol or ethanol. but getting a clean extract from mushrooms seems less trivial than making DMT.

Ah I hadn't realised that psilocybin was a zwitterion which as you said will make it a lot harder to get into a non polar solvent , I think I may look up some polarisation techniques of water and see how that works possibly , I reckon once season begin here truely I'll give it a try anyway cause worse case I get nothing from it and go pick more when they've grown back a week later ;)

Don't think I'd like to consume an evapped limonene extract , unless perhaps one performs an A / B extraction on it .

Vodka works really well indeed ..... and keeps for ages in the fridge . I don't bother evapping off the vodka , although some may do so .

Well the tek I'm thinking off uses vinegar to form an acetate instead of hcl and d-limonene from what I've read isn't harmful to the body, but why wouldn't you ? Also would I be right in saying that if it forms the acetate it'll be more stable?

Really you should just do ethanol. It may not be as clean, but limene is far more expensive, and more work.....

D - limonene is nasty stuff . AFIK it is NOT made from citrus waste [ although a small amount might be , IIRC , but it is synthesiezed somehow from petro - chems .

[ There was a discussion about this on the Aussie " Coroboree " forums some time ago . Anyway , Stamets recommends vodka ; I tried it and it works just fine and is cheap and easy to boot ... ]

D - limonene is nasty stuff . AFIK it is NOT made from citrus waste [ although a small amount might be , IIRC , but it is synthesiezed somehow from petro chems
Yeah so? Do you have any idea hoe expensive it'd be to get limonene from citrus alone when you can synth it for a fraction of the cost? Also compared to other things limonene is beautiful....

-Fine , I am not here to argue with anybody ...

let us know how it goes .

[ sorry . Double post by mistake ]

Last edited:
Yeah so? Do you have any idea hoe expensive it'd be to get limonene from citrus alone when you can synth it for a fraction of the cost? Also compared to other things limonene is beautiful....

Fine ... I am not here to argue with anybody .....

Let us know how it goes

I've seen realatively cheap d-limonene that's food grade which from other extraction methods and reports back suggesting it works well but from what you guys say I may just go with a vodka extract , I'm from the uk so the likes of ever clear isn't available easily so what wôrks ? If the season is plentiful I may try both tells and compare , I like the idea of the harder method of synth for the possibility of a purer product , I've a good science back round and wouldn't mind experimenting with this even if it results I'm some low dose effects it'll be good just to have experienced a pure form of psilocybin which isn't all that common , well at least where I'm from

In my mind, ethanol will provide a "clean" "pure" product. It will just be a mixture of alkaloids dependent on the shroom type. Even 40% should work, but 75% will surely....

Why not just get some ACRB and skip having to come up with an analogous procedure to DMT extraction?

After all, DMT gets converted to psilocin in vivo anyways, gotta pass the BBB yanno? ;)

/s

Why not just get some ACRB and skip having to come up with an analogous procedure to DMT extraction?

After all, DMT gets converted to psilocin in vivo anyways, gotta pass the BBB yanno? ;)

/s
Oh man I forgot, totally thanks for reminding me!<3