• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Propranolol most likely best anti-anxiety drug there is

Ne0

Bluelighter
All the gaba drugs are totally useless, they take the anxiety away but don't fix it, just like pain medication is not going to fix the problem that causes pain. I've done soem research on propranolol and it seems much more efficent and better than people say. Drug-seeking person don't like it because it does not cause any kind of high. It affects the amygdala, the part of brain that have to do with fear and anxiety with many other things.

So it can actually fix it in long term. Take dose of propranolol then watch the thing that causes fear or anxiety in you, in the nutcase. Also there aren't many drugs that have real effects in amygdala that they would decrease it's function. So don't ask benzos or gabanoids from doctor, ask propranolol, it does not cause any kind of addiction. Problem is that it has fairly short half-life 4–5 hours

I've been looking ways to cause damage to amygdala or erase it partly (can be done by surgery, but it's expensive), that would remove any kind of fear or feeling of anxiety, well of course people need little bit of them, but it's better be without them than having them working too strongly.

IDK about all that. Clonazepam was a lot more effective as far as I could tell.
And it causes strong physical dependency, also what I've read form long term users, the anti-anxiety effect diminish in long term use. Although benzos are very effective and they surely are needed many cases, but not longer than 2 weeks. THe good thing about propranolol that it affects directly amygdala the source of anxiety. But according to studies meditation also will make amygdala less active, so that you don't feel so much anxiety or fear (anxiety is fear in the end). SO I htink best treatment for anxiety is start with propranolol and trying to make the reason that causes anxiety or PTSD go away for good, like in the studies, brains will disconnect the ways for anxiety completely, you don't need to use propranolol after that, but even every day use it is good.

I currently take propranolol and I'm not even sure it's doing anything anymore for my anxiety. Benzos may be addictive but they do work, so I don't agree with statements like "All the gaba drugs are totally useless ". It's just a matter of benefit vs risk when it comes to benzo medication IME.

When your heart is slowed and adrenaline blocked while your mind is racing it tends to follow suit. There is only peripheral anxiety relief in the true sense.

I nearly fell off my chair when I saw a study posted, then I saw it was national geographic and went back to bed ????