• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News Proposed legislation would make it easier to prescribe drug to treat addiction

thegreenhand

Administrator
Staff member

Proposed legislation would make it easier to prescribe drug to treat addiction

Parker Perry
Springfield News-Sun
11 Jul 2022

Excerpts:
The United State House of Representatives passed a local Congressman’s bill that will make it easier for doctors to prescribe a drug as a treatment for substance abuse.

Buprenorphine is a drug that Dr. Natalie Lester, chief medical officer of OneFifteen in Dayton, said helps people who are addicted to opioids recover and will become more easily accessible thanks to a bill by Congressman Mike Turner, R-Dayton.

“It’s a medication I prescribe very commonly to individuals struggling with opioid addiction,” Lester said.
The federal government has debated how buprenorphine should be prescribed and who should be doing the prescribing. The law now requires a waiver from the Drug Enforcement Administration before a doctor can prescribe the drug, causing delays. Turner said Tuesday that his bill, the Mainstreaming Addiction Treatment (MAT) Act, has bipartisan support and was passed by the House in June.

It’s easy to shit on republicans (especially the ones who have run my home state of Ohio into the ground) but I’ll give credit where credit is due…

I think this is a catch 22.

you prescribe a drug to fix addiction but if the drug was not available no one would be addicted.

I think the key is in finding why people are getting addicted and what they are running from and then fixing this.

drugs should be available not due to addiction but due to human rights and I feel that us fighting any other way is disrespectful to all of us who have been hurt

by the law feeding the lot of ya.

no one forces a drug into someone (well it is very rare to be honest here.)

it was a choice and as such we all need to be responsible for our choice.

as we scream addiction and I didnt do the crime drugs did it we fuck everyone else who has some kind of restraint.

frankly its wrong and we should not cater for the people who are trying to screw it for everyone else.

the only cure to addiction is abstinence and if you cant do it then dont take the drug.

again we need more old school here were going soft and cruel to others in the hopes that it hides our weakness.

we will never truly win this way and in the end if we are weak we will be owned by pharma so no one can rise above the blood ties that run this planet.

what would you give up for open access to your DOC ?

and they know it.

addiction has nothing to do with drugs.

Last edited: