• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Promethazine Allergy?

bonesXwulf

Greenlighter
I'm curious to why I have this issue and I cant really find anything about this on the net(ive been reasearching and reading about it for quite a bit) so mabye someone could weigh in to, it first arose when I first tried lean aka (promethazine/codeine) The first time I tried I bought 2oz from somebody and I didnt really have an issue with except the next day I had a sort of film on my tongue which went away, I did feel the high but it wasnt that strong (as Ive been reading its not as codeine is quite weak) Ended up gulping it down passed out. The next time I tried it I got it straight from the pharmacy scripted to me ( So I know its the real deal this time 100%) Put 2oz in a 20z, sipped on it but I really didnt feel any effects this time at all except it dried the crap out of my tongue noticeable tongue was sort shriveled at the edges in the front, I figure maybe its just a effect (dry mouth) stopped drinking it because I just didnt feel anything.

I was determined to try it again because itd be a waste of this its hard to get around where I am.Now the next time I figured id pour 4oz in a drink to feel the effects, but like a dumbass I took a 12hr zyrtec-d earlier in the day (big mistake I know combining antihistamines especially in that high of doses), I also bought some Biotene to combat the dry mouth. So I squirted some biotene in my mouth and swished/rinsed. Started sipping the 4, this time I was feeling the effects greatly had euphoria everything felt slowed, really a good time. Tongue was dry but not as much as before, so I figured the biotene was helping. Then I went to smoke a blunt, smoked it then BAM I could no longer smell or taste at all! I couldnt even taste the cough syrup, needless to say I was frightened beyond belief.

My taste and smell returned a bit the next day, and 100% the day after. I am assuming this was a reaction due to the 2 antihistamines and cannabis affecting my sinues and nose which is why I couldnt taste , or maybe I am allergic to promethazine? I have a little bit left of the syrup <1oz I am tempted to experiment by trying it and see what happens to my tongue to find out whether or not I am allergic to promethazine or not so I know for future to avoid this drug completely. At the same time I dont want to lose my taste and smell permanently or die If I am allergic to it. I havent really found anything about promethazine causing tongue issues with anyone online, so it could also be a reaction to something in the actual syrup as I didnt have it with the other one. I realize its a long ass post but I cant find anything about this and its bothering me not knowing lol. I also know for a fact I am not allergic to codeine as I have taken codeine pills before and nothing happened.

I have asked 2 people I know who are medical professionals and recieved 2 different answers, one was that I should avoid completely due to anytime problems with tongue is bad news bears and the other said its completely fine and normal, so at this point I have no idea. Just wanted to see if anyone had knowledge to this I am a hypochondriac and I enjoy this combo as the promethazine took away the nasty nausea I usually get with codeine.

Last edited: