• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Problems with getting visuals on LSD

lol this is quite hilarious, im new to this site in terms of membership but have been stalking for a while and yes there is only one kind of lsd - LSD-25, there is an analogue of lsd (ALD-52 i think) which was popular in california decades ago but apart from that lsd is lsd is lsd

Hate to break it to you haters, but Psyinced is right in a way. Different blotters= mostly different batches of acid, made by different people. This then varies in quailty of the batch, and varies in how much is laid per blotter. The Buddha blotters are traditionally known for being laid with high qaulity LSD and to be very potent.

Also

yes there is only one kind of LSD - LSD

this may or may not be the DUMBEST response in history! Of course there is only one true LSD chemical compund, but again, depending on who made it, it can vary in quality very very much so. Do you honestly believe all acid is the same? Every blotter someone buys is the same as the other.

I say MAY NOT BE, because Im not sure if what I think you said, is what you meant. ;)

Ive tripped fairly dern hard off of less than 200 mices .... twas som e amazing liquid though some real actual 25, maybe its the way it was made or processed, handled etc, prob weak mic percentage

Same with me, I have had some liquid where 2 hits had me tripping very hard. It was supposed to be 100 ug a hit im pretty sure.

I mean, you can take a high dose of LSD and get lucid visuals, but in all honesty, they're not really particularly beautiful or interesting. LSD is all about the psychological effect IMO.

If you really want stunningly beautiful visions, take ayahuasca, or smoke changa -- in silent darkness!

just did four hits of liquid from another connect and was the most visual experience of my entire life. lsd provided the answer to this post in the end lol

LSD-25 is the only psychoactive product of the synthesis. Impurity will decrease yield, and a truly huge amount of iso-lsd might increase body load, but it's simple pharmacological fact that there are not varying "types" or "purities" of lsd. It's either the molecule, or it isn't, purity refers to how much of the yield was the intended product and how much wasn't, and since no other products of the synthesis are psychoactive there is no impact on experience. It's all dose, set, and setting, there's no brand component to the recipe of an experience.

Facepalm-1.jpg

Survived Abortion is absolutly right. For me, the visuals and 'feeling' are all one. If you get a good dose everything should be patternizing into fractals. That visual experience goes hand and hand with the thought process that are going through your head!

It does sound like your doses are weak. What you described sounds similar to the expeience I would expect from eating one of the blotters I typcally eat. Three should be pretty profound and in my opinion shouldn't be teasing you. Did you take them all at once or space them out? That could explain it.

For me, LSD took some experimentation. My first experiences were not what I expected so to speak. Over time you get more comfortable with it and start to get your correct dose down. Then you will have a road map so you can navigate your trip a little better.

LSD-25 is the only psychoactive product of the synthesis. Impurity will decrease yield, and a truly huge amount of iso-lsd might increase body load, but it's simple pharmacological fact that there are not varying "types" or "purities" of lsd. It's either the molecule, or it isn't, purity refers to how much of the yield was the intended product and how much wasn't, and since no other products of the synthesis are psychoactive there is no impact on experience. It's all dose, set, and setting, there's no brand component to the recipe of an experience.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysergamides

Probably weak doses.

ive had weak doses before, smoking weed on em increased visuals.

I've also had some strong shit that I didn't even need weed to have OVE's off one tab.

There seem to be different stages in a trip, and also different types of trips altogether. I don't mean the infinite number of subjective possibilities, but I mean sometimes it can be much more enlightening and crystallized, making everything visually clear but not with distortions. Other times it can be mentally confusing, with complex thought pattern, all sorts of chaotic sensory effects including many distortions and much morphing.

It could be you have relatively weak LSD like 25-35 ug per hit, its certainly possible. Or it could be you had something that resembles the first type of trip I mentioned. Or both. :)

On a sidenote: when I take about 150-200 ug (lab tested micrograms) and first get strong trippy effects, then over the course of hourse during the plateau it seems like I find new balance and a feeling of re-centering and resolution. If at that point on the tail of the plateau I redose 400 ug, it tends not to be extremely visual (which would be explained by many as a tolerance effect) but I DO get the crystallized feeling!
Me and my best friend absolutely love that 'method', it's much more stable that way than starting with 400 ug and not redosing.

I'd try to get different acid if I were you because 3 hits is not a small dose... I'd accept that one time it can be much more visual than other times... and if you retry it with your current LSD then the feeling of intensity you got this first time should probably tell you how high you can do it a next time.
My first trip was with 3/4 hit or 1 perhaps and my experience could be described as very similar to your description. I got beautiful color effects but almost no distortions to speak of. There was synaesthesia though, marvellous! <3

Oops I see you tripped again already - well great to hear it was a success.

>> merged 3 threads together << (I knew this wasn't the first time someone asked about this :D )

Last edited:
well white on white is usually good clean lsd, which doesn't usually yield hallucinations, maybe if you take 4 hits, however, the visuals have little to nothing to do with the lsd experience, you want clean l that doesn't produce hallucinations. After a few initial experiences you'll realize Lsd and most psychedelics are about the energy and the pyschological, synchronicites indicating the interconnection of your self and everything in the universe, and often spiritual experience that accompanies your trip. If you really want some psychedelic visuals consume an 8th of mushrooms, but even after your initial experience with those, youll find after, your "breakthrough" trip that when you choose to take a psychedelic journey in the future that the visuals will not accompany your trip, and at that point you wont care.

It is true if you consume enough once again during your first initial psychedelic experiences, you will have visuals, my most visual experience with L was lying on my back on 3 hits of liquid at the beach with my head in the stars, everything started to turn into a fractal, took me for a ride, after that visuals pretty much subsided, owsley stanley, if you dont know about him and his significant role in distributing LSD in the 60's, turning on the majority of people from that time. once said that visuals will subside because they are just "noise" in your consciousness, they were always there, when your new to this expanded state of consciousness you will experience them, but after you have had your experiences are comfortable in that state of mind they wont be there, instead of experiencing at that point, you will be able to utilize the elevated state of mind you are in. Grateful Dead were not comfortable with playing on acid when they first experienced it, but after theyre initial experiences you can find that they would eat small amounts some times before shows to utilize that something extra that was provided, which was very useful in playing music in a group situation.

I have similar issues with all psys now. I used to get rich and visual effects from them. Now at best I get minor distortion and all none visual elements.

I'm unsure as to why the sudden change occurred and what is different now. Anybody care to speculate?

Some people don't get visuals from LSD.

I know people who have taken LSD multiple times and they did not get visuals or much of a psychedelic experience or trip out of the drug, and it wasn't dosed low or fake as they were with other people who took the same LSD decades ago in the 60s and 70s and those people did trip off of it.

Hey i have the same problem. ive been very confused about it do you have any idea why this happens after heavy use. sorry for my english btw :p

I personally feel having visuals on LSD is a common myth. It does everything and anything but visuals for me it's enhances sounds smell taste mood and color I compared it to being on some sort of stimulant. Don't get me wrong the curtains will move a little bit or the walls will breathe but as far as seeing things that aren't there I have yet to see that on any drug. Unless you consider visuals as brighter colors then yes everything is brighter and sharper looking. Just my two cents

Have a full day somewhere in the nature, fill yourself with beautiful imagery and positive mindset, then add a phenethylamine of your choice to your acid dose and enjoy your visuals! ;)

Alternatively or in addition, you can take a lot of it and most likely there will be visuals but it might feel a bit hardcore if you are pursuing bright looking OEV's. I have weird powerful open eyed visuals on 5+ hits of acid, that's besides having beautiful multi-colored mandala-like CEV's.:p