• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Problem with arm from iv use

IceDancer

Bluelighter
Today i was just hanging and my track marks on my left arm started stinging really bad. It lasted a good 5 minutes and after it stopped i noticed my vein was sticking out the whole length of my arm and it was pretty hard. The marks aren't swollen but are kinda sore. No brusing at all they are red but aren't red from infection. After the stinging went away i started to go into a mini psychosis was getting auditory hallucinations and that's when the dull slow ache started along the vein and on top of my arm. It wasn't a painful at all. My arm seized up like a Charlie hourse. This lasted 15 minutes and at the end it felt like something was being sucked through the vein to my shoulder. Once it stopped, the paranoia went away and I've been fine since. I'd like to mention the last time i shot up was yesterday at noon.

I'm not sure what happened. I'd like to get someone's opinion on this. I haven't had any problems since it happened. And I'm sure the weird and random brust of paranoia made it seem worse than it really was.

If it arises again, seek medical attention. The batch could be the culprit, I would use a different roa for the rest of it. Refrain from using that same arm. But what you encountered is not good. This is how eventually losing an arm begins, I would contemplate long and hard if iv use is worth it. Not trying to lecture you, just being real..

- Hopeless..

Yeah I'm done with meth and drugs. It's bullshit I'm grown ass man afraid to go to sleep without the fear of dying.

If any of them systems return i show go get help?

That is how my phlebitis started minus the paranoia. It started off with my vein being sore and hard for the length of my forearm. After two or three days my arm swelled up and it looked like I was turning into the hulk starting with my left arm. I would highly suggest getting this checked out considering an infection in your vein can be life threatening.

I would be heading to a doctor ASAP. You have to wonder about bloodclots, feeling movement in the vein and having the blood flow disrupted. It doesn't sound like something you should let slide. I know it's humiliating going to a hospital and being judged and treated like shit but it's a necessary temporary discomfort sometimes.

I know exactly how you feel. When I used to IV i was very sloppy, I would not wash my needles a lot of the time and push clotted blood back into my veins as well, and quite often my arm would swell up to twice the size of my other one. I'd think some nights that I was getting Septicemia and I'd get very feverish, have panic attacks, worry a blood clot was going to kill me even weeks after, sometimes I still get worried, despite not shooting up in months. So much can go wrong, especially if you are not careful. I did not care enough and do not care enough about my life so my wife has banned me from shooting up and basically gave me an ultimatum...It was her or shooting up...I chose my wife, but I'm not going to pretend I don't wish I had needle around many times during the day......

I'm not going to decide what you should do but the right thing for me to say to you is you should seek medical attention if you have even a hint of anything being wrong as it's not something to mess around with. It could very well be serious or turn into something serious. I'm not a medical professional and even if I was it would be pretty difficult to diagnose without seeing etc. I think anyone with common sense would say seek medical attention if you have even a tiny feeling of anything being wrong.

I wish you the best and I truly hope you can keep the needle use down or stop it. It took my wife saying she'd leave me to stop the needle use, and I still think about it quite often and wish I had rigs around many times during the day to experiment and strike one more chemical or drug off the list of shooting up my arm...I never thought I'd stoop to that level of iv'ing random chemicals using dirty syringes with dull needle. I have to struggle every day not to try and buy insulin syringes to shoot things up with. It sucks. I hope you don't have as strong an addiction to the needle itself... Good luck!

I would be heading to a doctor ASAP. You have to wonder about bloodclots, feeling movement in the vein and having the blood flow disrupted. It doesn't sound like something you should let slide. I know it's humiliating going to a hospital and being judged and treated like shit but it's a necessary temporary discomfort sometimes.

I agree 120% with this poster! That makes an extreme amount of sense and I would not chance it...

Okay guys i went to the hospital and was glad to find out it wasn't from iv use. Before iving until this day my pinky stayed numb. Not like falling asleep numb.

They told me it was something to do with my upper neck and spine. Not 100% sure how it made my fingers and arm hurt.

Glad to hear you went to the hospital. I had to go two weekends in a row due to complications relates to IV use. Yes, I WAS treated like a 'stupid junkie' but my issues WERE serious and I WOULD have lost my right hand the first time had I not gone.

IV'ing is no joke, folks.

Yeah the nurse was pretty cool about it. I think she had a brother who used iv. The doctor said i was going to die.