• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Preventing further nasal issues

junkieclub

Greenlighter
I’m a pretty frequent coke user (3x a week, about .5-1g each use). I really do not want to stop. Been doing this on and off for about 5 years now. I’ll take breaks for months and come back to it.

Lately, I’ve been having some really painful side effects like my nose just burning after a night out, my eyes will water profusely and I’ll just be miserable. There’s a nice little divot in my nose but it has not perforated through. I’ve also noticed burning in my sinuses and roof of my mouth. My after care is basically saline spray and nose blowing but I’m sure there more I can do to try to mitigate further damage.

I know the only real prevention is not doing it at all but I really.. don’t want to quit.

I really don't know of any other method besides what you use to clean your nose. In my experience, I used to take more cocaine so that my nose would go numb and stop hurting. But I felt an intense burning inside my nose when I didn't use it, I hated it, it's one of the reasons besides the psychological reason why I stopped taking it like I used to. Look for another route of administration such as smoking it... although I do not advise it. Lately I only use it on rare occasions, once a week at most, this way I don't feel like it hurt my nose as much.

As unhelpful as this is.....I'd be more worried about my heart.

Without a slowing down the use, I'm not sure there's much more you can do to help prevent further damage.

You could take your coke and dissolve it in water and then add tiny bits of baking soda until the pH is 7.0. the free base is not going to precipitate out at a neutral pH.

Then put it in a nasal spray bottle and use it that way.

You'll have a pH neutral solution that won't burn your nose (as much) with a little bit of salt in the water as well.

I’m a pretty frequent coke user (3x a week, about .5-1g each use). I really do not want to stop. Been doing this on and off for about 5 years now. I’ll take breaks for months and come back to it.

Lately, I’ve been having some really painful side effects like my nose just burning after a night out, my eyes will water profusely and I’ll just be miserable. There’s a nice little divot in my nose but it has not perforated through. I’ve also noticed burning in my sinuses and roof of my mouth. My after care is basically saline spray and nose blowing but I’m sure there more I can do to try to mitigate further damage.

I know the only real prevention is not doing it at all but I really.. don’t want to quit.
How clean is your blow? If it's cut God knows people use these days.