• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Prescription Refill Question

You will always run into asshole pharmacists.
Wal-Mart Pharmacy always let's me get my tramadol on day 28 of 30 every refill. They said no on day 27 one time and made me wait until day 31! But just 2 days early they always do it.

I've been going to this local pharmacy that my psy forces me to go to, and they've actually always filled things much earlier. I got a benzo script 7 days early once :) Sometimes the mom-pop stores can be better

You will always run into asshole pharmacists.
Wal-Mart Pharmacy always let's me get my tramadol on day 28 of 30 every refill. They said no on day 27 one time and made me wait until day 31! But just 2 days early they always do it.

AHH i hate fucking pharmisists dicks

this obviouse jew with the yamakuh and everything (cane2left, relax, im jewish too) kept me waiting an hour and 30 mins to get me CODEINE script, complete dick...not only that
i came back hour half later, "i need ID", ommmggg, i went drove home 15 more minutes ended up being 2 hours before i even touched the pills...and he overcharged me big time, but hey i was WDin and needed em lol

It means your insurance wont cover your copay until 24 days. CVS will fill when ever you request buts its whether or not your copay will be.

AHH i hate fucking pharmisists dicks

this obviouse jew with the yamakuh and everything (cane2left, relax, im jewish too)l

Um, so what if you're Jewish too? A racist asshole is still a racist asshole. I don't even see what point you were trying to make about the pharmacist being "a Jew with the yamakah and everything," unless you were trying to say that being Jewish is what made the pharmacist an asshole.

In any case, that was beyond uncalled for.

I've been going to this local pharmacy that my psy forces me to go to, and they've actually always filled things much earlier. I got a benzo script 7 days early once :) Sometimes the mom-pop stores can be better

The local, small pharmacies are always the way to go. They normally have a shit load of C-II and C-IIIs and always easier to fill early, if at all possible.

OP, the Tussionex thread got me thinking about the good 'ol days. Back in the early 2000s, back when the "call in doc." consults were big, I got scripted 180 Norco's/month. I ask about Tussionex, one day. To my surprise, he gave me a 480ml(16oz) script, with 2 refills. Damn, wish I could still get a script like that, I still love that stuff.

Shit, for me it's easier to get Oxy. scripts, than Tussionex. That stuff is hard to come by, around here.

Best

i live in cali and go to walgreens, usually the pharmacies fallow directly as the insurance says for the most part. in my case i get my adderall up to five days earlier and anything not schedule II else up to 7 days earlier. People with good or bad insurance will have different wait time.

I just ran into the same F%&$ing thing at CVS trying to refill my norco's and valium's. They were both a 25 day supply, the 25th day is today 11/18/10. I called in the refills 2 days ago, and the same shit happened. They called me right back and said I had to wait until 11/19/10....26 days after I last filled them. I'm never going to CVS ever again. I'm sick of there pharmacists playing god with my refills especially when my insurance will cover all my refills when there 75% gone. I understand them not wanting to refill scheduled scripts 5-7 days early or something like that, but shit today is the last day on my 25 day script and there going to make me wait 26 days. You would think they would at least let me pick today. F'ed up...never using them again. :X

It depends how early you want it. I get refilled for daudid every month (also sched 3) and even though insurance says only every 30 days, every time I've brought it in early (usually 3-5 days) it's gone through.
If you mean dilaudid it's schedule II.

Since I'm so fed up with CVS I tried to see if I resbumitted my 2 refills (Norco/Valium) today 11/18/10 when they said I had to wait until 11/19/10 a few days ago, and it went through...I didn't get a phone call from them saying I was still a day early and was able to go pick both up, so it just goes to show you that it depends on the pharmacist who's working at that time. I guess when I submitted them a couple days ago, I just did it when the wrong pharmacist was working (the one who was playing god...lol). I'm still never going back to CVS, I'm going to try Walgreens or Riteaid cause any other pharmacy has to be better than CVS. There a bunch of prescription nazi assholes. =D

i hate these pharmacists at the larger chain stores. they think they are doctors, when they are glorified pill counters. they try giving me shit for filling kpins early when my insurance clears me. the dick behind the counter said i filled the script early twice and i should have plenty.
they should just shut up and fill my order. they have no right to with hold medications. what if i can only get to the pharmacy one day a month. what's it to them? fuckers!

CVS sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!iam done with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could only take 30 days amount of oxycodone with me when I travelled into states last time and as I was about to go out of the state from which I acquired prescription for more and I tried to get my drugs out of CVS two days prior my own drugs would have ended and I got hell of a shitload from the pharmacist for A) being a foreigner with a script B) trying to fill my script "early" C) trying to pay them with cash as it means I am a "filthy homeless drug user" although I had a shower before.

Pharmacist then told me to go into a fucking Walgreens which I did and got my drugs without no questions asked except if my hair color is naturally that blonde.

I could rant but wont. CVS does suck. Theyve treated their staff like garbage for so long and have been fined for so much shit, nobody working there gives a shit. If anything is off, you aint getting your script.

the big pharmacy chains always suck. I've had bad experiences with Walgreens, Target, AND RiteAid. I use a mom and pop pharmacy now , needless to say.

my doctor once gave me a 3 month supply of adderall 30 mg, 3x a day so i filled and got 270 30 mg pills for 3 months and i had no clue what they were doing and since i had BCBS insurance the price didnt change....so 15 bucks for 270 30s ....good month!

Yep I had the same issue where despite it being cleared by insurance I was informed that "it is now company policy to not fill narcotic scripts early". They literally counted out the doses to give me my "cannot fill before X date". Walmart and mom and pop type pharmacies are where I've had the best luck.