• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Prescription Refill Question

ZombieAssassin

Bluelighter
I'm writing this because I wanted to see if anyone could help me out with this one. On 9/23/10 I got a script of 240ml of tussionex (24 day supply) from my doc with 1 refill which is cool...usually doesn't do that with the tussionex (it's a schedule III) cough medicine for anyone who doesn't know. Any way it's 10/11/10 so it's been 19 days that I've had the first botle, including the day I picked it up. Long story short my insurance company will let my refill the script cause they have a thing saying that once your 75% through your script then you can refill it. Well at CVS where my script is they still have it as active meaning it's to early to refill when my insurance company says different. By the way I live in California and I know things are different state to state, I'm just wondering if CVS has there own rules and policies that they have to follow? If anyone knows that is. I've got plenty of scheduled scripts filled early at this pharmacy...just never 4-5 days early. only 2. I guess I'm just kind of confused....insurance says one thing CVS says something different? I'm lost on this one, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

ask cvs, just call a different one. or a different chain pharmacy period.

sched 3s im pretty sure arent as strict, but id say wait the 24 days...call to make sure tho

Thanks for your answers. The main reason this came up was because when I got it originally filled on 9/23/10 I noticed that the paper work said"12 day supply" when it should of been 24. so naturally I call my insurance company to find out when I could refill it and of course she said not until the 10/10/10 which is when the bootle is suppose to be 75% gone or else I wouldn't of realized that is how my insurance company looks at refills on scripts...with the whole 75% gone system. I've got all my sheduled meds always filled 2 days early with never a problem so I'm not worrried about that...when they have refills on them not new scripts, those you have to wait for. Any ways I think I will just call CVS and just ask...I just figured that maybe someone one out there knew how they haddled there refills...there web site says nothing about there policies or any thing like that. I'll just call, I'll make sure not to give them some BS about me going on a vacation...that's a good way to get your doctor called. Thanks for you guys/gals help...if anyone comes up with anything else let me know.

I had a similar issue with a walgreens my doc got me 120 dexies then wrote me a script for 270 more I have his cell number and he wasn't helping it said in the system I was to take 3 pills a day when really it was 3 3times a day. They refused to refill and I went apeshit and called him and he said he couldn't help me for a few days fuck that then I called a on call emergency doc and he finally helped me.

^damn your scripted quite a bit of dexedrine.
It doesn't do shit I usually taked 60 or 65 I asked for adderall back and the spansules and he said no he's not pulling that shit after our talk on Friday. I'm getting the xrs and the dexedrine spansules I have 2 legit reasons stomach live make that 3 and pulling pills out on a fucking bus or train or in class

Yeah I take 10mg Norco's also and one time a brought a script in and it said take 1 pill every 4-6 hours as needed for pain. The girl working at CVS just flat out told me she couldn't fill it that way because if I was taking them every 4 hours that it would be too much so she changed it to 1 pill every 6 hours. I didn't really give a shit, but it was bullshit and it took forever. I hate CVS. Any ways I don't think I'm even going to call them, last thing I want to do is get them thinking that I'm trying to pull a fast one on them and have me wait the whole entire 24 days. I'll just keep my mouth shut and get it filled in a couple days. today is day 19 so it's not that bad I'll just wait till Thursday when I won't have to hassel with any of there crap. Just wished they had something so you would know when the earliest time to pick up your scrips would be. Instead of sitting here playing the waiting game sucks.

CVS is still a private company, they don't have to sell you anything. Its usually based on the specific pharmacist.

Few tricks.
1)Go a different time when there is a dif head pharmacist
2)Call the auto-refil number. If you know it will pass through insurance this will cause it to be printed and filled w/o them even seeing the last refill date. I had the same problem with a CVS once, I just did this and it never failed. When they manually pull it up they can be assholes about it, but by calling the number its printed in a queue and they just fill them down the line, works perfectly :)

CVS is still a private company, they don't have to sell you anything. Its usually based on the specific pharmacist.

Few tricks.
1)Go a different time when there is a dif head pharmacist
2)Call the auto-refil number. If you know it will pass through insurance this will cause it to be printed and filled w/o them even seeing the last refill date. I had the same problem with a CVS once, I just did this and it never failed. When they manually pull it up they can be assholes about it, but by calling the number its printed in a queue and they just fill them down the line, works perfectly :)

Thanks...I'll have to give that a try, I got my bottle with RX# right here. I've talked to my insurance already and they said it was good to refill yesterday. If I call it in through there automated system, what's the worse thing that could happen...The automated system telling me it isn't ready for refill, correct?=D

Thanks...I'll have to give that a try, I got my bottle with RX# right here. I've talked to my insurance already and they said it was good to refill yesterday. If I call it in through there automated system, what's the worse thing that could happen...The automated system telling me it isn't ready for refill, correct?=D

Yea, but heres what happens. When you call through automated, if insurance says its ok, it will go through no problem. Then just tell it when you want to pick it up and your fine.

A tech will just grab the stack out of the printer, fill them, and put them in waiting. If they are schelduled a head pharmacist may just double check the quanity, but thats it :)

The automated systems pass/fail is based only on insurance approvals. Never failed for me even when the pharmacist wouldn't give me them because it's too early according to CVS.

Also, most pharmacies don't care, they do what insurance says with schelduled, and most will allow you to buy non-schelduled with cash. CVS is the only pharmacy that has ever given me this problem, and didn't fill it dispite what insurance said.

Yea, but heres what happens. When you call through automated, if insurance says its ok, it will go through no problem. Then just tell it when you want to pick it up and your fine.

A tech will just grab the stack out of the printer, fill them, and put them in waiting. If they are schelduled a head pharmacist may just double check the quanity, but thats it :)

The automated systems pass/fail is based only on insurance approvals. Never failed for me even when the pharmacist wouldn't give me them because it's too early according to CVS.

Also, most pharmacies don't care, they do what insurance says with schelduled, and most will allow you to buy non-schelduled with cash. CVS is the only pharmacy that has ever given me this problem, and didn't fill it dispite what insurance said.

I'll give it a try right now and get back to you and let you know how it went. thanks again....it's funny I guess I was just waiting for you to reply cause no one else has been much help.:)

I think it worked. It took the refill and I set a time to pick it up in an hour from now. All done on the automated system. Unless there is a pharacist there tonight that wants to play god it looks like I'm going to get it filled. Everything went through the automated system, but until it's in my hand I'm not going to start celebrating just yet. Thanks for all the good info. I'll have to get back online when I get home and let you know if it all went well. =D

Just as I got done writing that last paragraph...my phone rung...it was CVS telling me that my prescription I just requested to be filled won't be ready until Friday cause it is to early for it to be filled....I hate CVS!! What a let down that phone call was, oh well it's out of my hands now, I'll just wait till Friday.:(

They actually called me with in minutes of me placing the automated order the girl who called sound all nice and in good spirits when she broke me the news, the last thing she said was "it will be ready friday for you have a nice day"...it's almost like they were waiting for me...lol crazy shit oh well it's done and over with now. It just sucks cause all I have are benzo's and I don't really care for them to much......:|

It depends how early you want it. I get refilled for daudid every month (also sched 3) and even though insurance says only every 30 days, every time I've brought it in early (usually 3-5 days) it's gone through.

If you try to do it REALLY early, (I'm guessing more than 5 days or so) then yes, CVS will tell u that insurance says it's too early.

But most insurance companies have a number they can all (usually associated with the drug part of your insurance) to authorize an early refill, and from what I understand they usually will give it to you (probably as long as you don't make a habbit out of it).

Thats rough, CVS really sucks. They are a horrible pharmacy. I hated going to the CVS near my house because they would do all sorts of sketchy stuff.

One time they gave me my brothers script. Had I asked it would be one thing, however, yhey were like hey your brother takes this, want to take it? Then there is no privacy, they yell out stupid shit, like "HOW BIG YOU WANT THOSE HEROIN I MEAN INSULIN NEEDLES". Then they gave me that early refill nonsense. I had gone to a 24 hour cvs @ 5 AM (when my insurance considered it the next day) the guy gave me that nonsense about it being to early. After yelling at him about how its 5 AM and I'm going away and I want my fucking pills he gave them to me, but yea, CVS SUCKS, i can't believe they pulled that shit

I like Walgreen. They never give me a hard time about refills. But as others have said, each pharmacy can set whatever policy it wants to regarding early refills. The insurance company will only approve when they will PAY for it.

^
^
I hear what your saying, I'm on the 19th day of a 24 day supply so it's 5 days early. The order has been procced so there is nothing more I can do about it. I'll just wait 3 days then go pick it up. I'm done calling people like my insurance or my doctor cause in the big picture it's just not that big of a deal. Mods. feel free to kill this thread.

Thanks for your answers. The main reason this came up was because when I got it originally filled on 9/23/10 I noticed that the paper work said"12 day supply" when it should of been 24. .

u dint mention that...12 days means u can go 12 days after u got it filled