• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Prescribed high dose of amphetamine

feedtheSoul

Bluelighter
I need some thoughts here... for about the past 3 years I've been on amphetamine for my adhd. However, the dose is really high...100mg a day split into two or three doses.

About 1 year ago I fooled around with snorting it and ended up doing it daily for a long time. A few days ago is the last time I snorted any and I'm curious what I might feel as I'm still taking it orally. I've been really anxious and paranoid lately, because of the lack of confidence from those rushes.. I used to get a rush from snorting it but it seems to send me into psychosis now.

You've had psychotic breaks already; this tends to get worse not better with continued usage. Your best bet is to go to your Dr and tell the truth. She probably won't give you any more amps which would be a good thing. Even if she did give more I'd advise you to get off completely.

100 mg a day what ... I am given 55mg for narcolepsy and ive never heard of over 60 mg a day. Id get a second opinion. Im not saying someone doesnt benefit from 100 mg a day but the probability is extremely low its you