• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Pregablin and weight gain???

Paul Spittlehouse

Greenlighter
I'm not sure if I'm even in the right place here, and I know Pregablin isn't a Benzo but this is the closest I could get.
I've been taking Pregablin (2 x 300mg.street bought) for about 18 months now, along with about (7 x. 5mg street bought) Nitrazepam and very rare IV Heroin use.
I do buy quite a lot of sweet stuff (cakes, cream, Squirty cream, Magnum style lollys, brownies, and on and on.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm no 21 stone bed bound victim, I weigh about 13 stone, it's mainly my stomach, I look about half way pregnant so wearing all my nice collection of La Coste and Ralph polo t-shirts is on hold for now which pisses me off to the max.
So what I'd like to know is do PG's make you pile the weight on, and when I stop taking them can I get rid of the weight.
Any help would be massively appreciated as always, thanks for taking the time to read this.
P.

Welcome to BL Paul
I don't know if it's from the Calcium channel blocking or Glutamate inhibition (probably the latter)

But weight gain is common. It also extends out to other gabapentinoids, such as ...Gabapentin.

If cessation helps drop the weight (and tolerance), hopefully a balance can be struck or a more cyclical pattern of use.