• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Potentiators

brokedownpalace10

Bluelighter
What are the best Kratom potentiators? Specifically, maybe, ones which a habitual, every day, Kratom user might try to get a buzz or reduce cost.

Asking for a friend. Actually really am.

Any info on potentiation applications for dabblers like myself is welcome as well, of course.

I've tried most supposed kratom potentiators. The only thing that ever really made a noticeable difference was Black Seed oil. It almost worked too well, but also increased side effects of kratom. I was using 5-7 ml of the oil, which is probably too much. It definitely strongly potentiates kratom, though. Best to take it a few hours beforehand.

Mixing kratom in lemon juice or apple cider vinegar for 15 minutes before taking it makes it hit faster, but doesn't really poteniate it. Subjectively it can feel stronger this way.

Every other potentiator never did anything for me. At least nothing appreciable.

Kava kava greatly potentiated oxycontin for me so I could see it being useful with kratom.

Aside from that there are benzos and barbiturates which do potentiate opioids significantly.

Potentially l-theanine (with or without GABA) or valerian root could do the trick as well.

Kava kava greatly potentiated oxycontin for me so I could see it being useful with kratom.

Aside from that there are benzos and barbiturates which do potentiate opioids significantly.

Potentially l-theanine (with or without GABA) or valerian root could do the trick as well.
Don’t want to argue semantics, but seriously asking, do you mean it actually potentiates it or synergizes with it? Just really curious because I haven’t found anything other than what @Snafu in the Void mentioned. But I could totally see kava kava synergizing with it.

How does the vitamin supplement help? Seriously curious. Does it help with dopamine or?

Don’t want to argue semantics, but seriously asking, do you mean it actually potentiates it or synergizes with it?
Both.

Benzos, barbs, and even kava seem to increase the sedation of opioids as well as the respiratory depression.

L-theanine and valerian root are a bit milder.

Both.

Benzos, barbs, and even kava seem to increase the sedation of opioids as well as the respiratory depression.

L-theanine and valerian root are a bit milder.
I wish I got sedation with opioids. I usually just get stimulated except high dose heroin. All other opiates/opioids just speed me up and put me in a good mood.

It’s especially disappointing that no matter the kratom dose I take I never get the relaxation/sleepiness. I understand that kratom had other things at play but I mean not even what others say are sedating strains at high doses sedate me just speed me up mildly and put me in a good mood. Oxy though really speeds me up.

I know most ppl do get sedation from opioids and high dose kratom but I don’t. Maybe I’m a poor metabolizer of mit.

Side note: Anyone know how I can tell if I’m a poor mit metabolizer? Or rather poor at converting mit to 7-OH?

Also, why was someone trying to tell me that mitrigynine psuedoindoxil is not as potent as 7-OH in reducing pain? I didn’t want to argue with them because they were a vendor, but I found peer reviewed papers that states clearly the difference in analgesia.

Last edited:
When I was addicted to oxy I was using so much that I stayed on the nod. I know what you mean about opioids speeding you up. I feel like I could clean the whole house if I'm not nodding.