• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Potentiate with grapefruit juice.

Karbon1991

Bluelighter
To my understanding GFJ potentiates diazepam. However I can't find any source that states whether it needs to be pink or white GFJ ? Could someone help me out please?

White is the best source, but honestly, i would advise forgetting the GFJ and go for cimetidine. It inhibits the same enzymes that GFJ does, but it does a much better job

I'm not sure if you will get that much of a benefit from either one, those are most effective on drugs which are metabolized quickly, like the opioids. Diazepam has a long half life and the bioavailability is very high so you probably wouldn't notice a big difference.

diazepam is metabolized by the cytochrome p450 liver enzymes
white GFJ is a inhibitor of those same enzymes so yes it should be a bit stronger
more enzymes=more potency

its subjective on how much stronger itll be tho but be safe because the potency might be more or might be less than you're expecting
try a cup of 100% PURE white GFJ 30 mins before taking the diazepam

That's Tagamet, it's an over the counter med you can get at any drugstore. It's safe stuff and used for heartburn. It comes as 200 mg tablets, I usually take about 600 mg when I take it with opioids as a metabolism blocker.

White grapefruit juice is the best, or a good quality grapefruit seed extract. Either taken 2 hours beforehand should help.

I would not use another pharmaceutical just for the purposes of disabling CYP3A4 because those drugs may have other side effects on their own or cross-react with your drug of choice in unpredictable ways. Grapefruit only disables 3A4 and does nothing else, unless you're allergic to GF.

Also keep in mind that 3A4 will be disabled from 24-36 hours so anything else you take which needs that pathway might get fucked with.

Does red grapefruit juice still work in inhibiting the enzyme or is it only white gfj?