• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Potent LSH & penniclavine fresh from morning glory vine & relation to Eleusis in ancient Greece

Last edited:
I know nobody wants to hear this, but the 2014 Forensics study by Paulke (you can download the complete 9 page paper from this thread saids that HBWR contains NO LSH, but only found LSA & iso-LSA (83-84%) & ergometrine (10-17%) & rest: lysergol, elymoclavine & chanoclavine. Whereas fresh morning glory contains very high amounts of LSH and penniclavine according to 2016 Polish mg study. LSH was discovered by Hofmann in the seeds around 1967, he put color pics of it in his book "LSD, my problem child" and apparently even told Owsley it was very "LSD like".

Actually this is interesting and of course we want to hear it. :) This presents more questions though as I have posted a few times of a friend in Florida that grew his own HBWR in a greenhouse and sent me fresh seeds in a pod. 3 of them was a full blown trip, similar to LSD. Meanwhile the fresh Morning Glory seeds were also stronger but had it's own personality. So LSA must have similarities to LSH, or at least when a seed is fresh and has a lot of LSA it is still potent. (maybe)

Lots more to learn and I think we learn by people like yourself (tregar, drumtripper and others....)putting out any info they have so we can talk about it. I find it very interesting that one study shows no LSH in fresh HBWS. I have to wonder if that is true, or how do we reconcile that LSA in larger quantities is also a strong psychedelic like LSH regardless.

I'e often said that if every other psychedelic were all of a sudden unavailable some of us would be satisfied with Morning Glory or HBWS. I am very surprised that 90% of people trying these seeds order from vendors and have light trips filled with side effects and only a few know that the fresh seeds are the way to go for full blown trips.

I've read all these posts here and the Nexus. I am not a member there though so can't comment there.

I've often hear the whole plant has actives in it but it concentrates in the seeds.

G_Chem enjoy the vines as they grow. They are aggressive. One year they grew straight up the side of my house and cutting down the dead vine was a lof of work. They can grow pretty tall.

Last edited:
Very well said JacARoe.

Morning glory contains alkaloid teamwork between LSH & Penniclavine. Penniclavine is stimulating like LSD (Yui & Takeo). LSD only agonizes adrenal A2A (as far as adrenal receptors), while penniclavine agonizes adrenal A2A, A2C, & A2D, along with 5-ht2a and most of the dopamine receptors.The adrenal receptors are hit heavily by natural entheogens like mescaline, Ayahuasca with caapi, shrooms, and are believed by some to be responsible for alot of the "aesthetics/euphoria/appreciation of beauty" feeling activity that is experienced while tripping. There is a very strong euphoria component to the mg seeds, and I believe it has to do with the alkaloid teamwork between high LSH levels and the extremely high penniclavine levels in the seeds, even the researchers were shocked at the very high penniclavine levels discovered in all 3 batches of seeds they tested.

P.S. I love chocolate. Chocolate is the food of the gods. In 1753, Linnaeus designated the tree Theobroma cacao, which translates to “cacao, food of the gods.”

I discovered that I can eat only the Dove promise chocolates (pure milk chocolate & dark chocolates) by the handful day after day and not gain a lb...I have been doing this for weeks...but if it's a butter finger or anything else I gain 4 lbs of water weight overnight...but with the pure chocolates I can eat entire handfuls of it day after day and not gain anything...give it a shot, several of my friends have tried the same, and also found no weight gain. I read about the fat burning properties of "pure chocolates" even if it has sugar in the latest issue of Muscular Development.

Last edited:
Yeah, still tons to learn and this is one way - through discussion and trial.

You’re making me wonder about peak harvest time in season and time of day.
Like with other harvests, i suppose there to be an optimal time of day (might be dawn) to pluck the pods, catching the highest concentrations of alkaloids, or maybe the best ratio of desired alks.

Only way is to test, test, and test.

BTW, I’m loving this thread and always felt that despite lsd’s ubiquity today, it all starts in those seeds (or grass) and like you say, we’d be happy to have little else in the department of psychs.

Random thought: i’ve never been apprehensive about downing the seed extract (or munching hundreds) in the same way as i am when looking at a chunk of blotter.
That alone, for me at least, could aid in a suggestively easy, anxiolytic comeup - something lsd and her analogs lack (again, for me at least). Or is it just down to them being real, immediate and something i picked, rather than an invisible substance on a blotter or in a drop. Either way, it is so amazing that this factory exists, and that it is EVERYWHERE!!

Another random, possibly important point - grow your own! Not just for potency and selectable harvest time, but so you don’t ingest any herbicide.
Many people, especially farmers/gardeners, hate the tangly vines and could poison the plant with a systemic. So doing like Tregar and G_chem and others, and growing in pots, is the safest way. Or at least having certainty that your plant sources are isolated and don’t share a fence with a pesticide user who may douce the vine, which would leech into yours as well.

Thanks, folks! :)

Ideal time is when the seed pod just lost its green, as then they have the best LSH/LSA ratio and being overall the most potent.

Ideal time is when the seed pod just lost its green, as then they have the best LSH/LSA ratio and being overall the most potent.

When should I expect to start seeing pods and flowers? They’re still just vines, decent sized vines but nothing else.

I’m curious now knowing more of penniclavine to see how stimulating this stuff really is..

-GC

The application of NPK fertilizer (miracle grow) + composted cattle manure increased crop yield by 48.9% ompared to NPK fertilizer alone ---> from 2017 Frontiers in Microbiology, 05 Sept 2017 "Composted Cattle Manure Increases Microbial Activity and Soil Fertility." Some users report that their plants grew three times in size once they added miracle grow soil to their existing potting soil.

This is the exact same soil mixture I used over 20 years ago when I had my several high potency dream experiences with the fresh slightly unripe seeds.

Last edited:
I had a definite +++ experience on about ~500-600 seeds, burpee if I remember from Home Depot. This was many years ago. I ended up getting on a plane when they kicked in. Very clear OEV and CEVs akin to maybe 300ug of LSD. It was very memorable... but I had absolutely horrible after effects which lasted 3 days, probably because I did not properly wash the seeds and they had pesticides or something

I tried again a few times with similar amounts of seeds or with baby woodrose, but never achieved that level of high again. mileage varies with these seeds for sure and you need to get the right ones, fresh probably

I had a definite +++ experience on about ~500-600 seeds, burpee if I remember from Home Depot. This was many years ago. I ended up getting on a plane when they kicked in. Very clear OEV and CEVs akin to maybe 300ug of LSD. It was very memorable... but I had absolutely horrible after effects which lasted 3 days, probably because I did not properly wash the seeds and they had pesticides or something

I tried again a few times with similar amounts of seeds or with baby woodrose, but never achieved that level of high again. mileage varies with these seeds for sure and you need to get the right ones, fresh probably

Jesus man you got on a plane after dosing? You brave soul.

-GC

@G_Chem

Well I have nothing better to do on my lunch break... So here is the story. This was 13 years ago when I was 18 so some of the details are a bit fuzzy.

I was 18 and had just gotten out of 9 month stint of psych wards/inpatient/"therapeutic boarding schools" etc..

I didn't relapse on heroin but I was back to my horrible fiendish behavior. I think I got stealing money or wine or something from my mother and after just having spent her retirement fund putting me through all that rehab she was understandably disgusted by me. While I still have problems with drugs thank God I no long steal from or hurt other people....

Anyways she immediately bought me a plane ticket to california to go live with my sister. I had a few drugs there, some pills and the seeds and said "fuck it" and just took it all. I can't remember if I washed the seeds or not, I'm assuming I didn't based on the 3 day hell I had afterwards. I don't remember exactly how many seeds I had. I am certain it was at least 500, but the number 800 comes to mind trying to remember. I'll never know.

Anyways a few hours later I had just taken my seat on the plane and was tripping balls. Tribal tattoos all over my arms and everyones face. The light strips going down the isle of the plane were crazy snakes.

Next thing I remember is my sister calling me like "wtf?? Where are you?" Apparently when I landed I just aimlessly wandered around the airport for an hour looking for baggage claim.

The next 3 days I had intense headaches, could barely stand up, vasoconstriction, loss of vision... I'm assuming this is what it feels like to poison yourself with pesticides.

Glad I've grown up and I'm not such an idiot anymore. I look back at myself and now look at 18 year olds as children. I thought I was so mature at 18. Funny how that works.

Also tried to replicate this experience a few times a few years later. One trip had me hanging on to my sanity by a thread laying down in the shower for 4 hours... One that just sucked and gave me a headache. And one OK one with decent CEVs and very euphoric MDMA like pulses of euphoric energy listening to music.

Never tried the seeds again after that. Too unpredictable and too much side effects with intense body load.

Also I realized that cannabis really brings out the visuals, there's no point dosing MG without it imo

Last edited:
@G_Chem

Well I have nothing better to do on my lunch break... So here is the story. This was 13 years ago when I was 18 so some of the details are a bit fuzzy.

I was 18 and had just gotten out of 9 month stint of psych wards/inpatient/"therapeutic boarding schools" etc..

I didn't relapse on heroin but I was back to my horrible fiendish behavior. I think I got stealing money or wine or something from my mother and after just having spent her retirement fund putting me through all that rehab she was understandably disgusted by me. While I still have problems with drugs thank God I no long steal from or hurt other people....

Anyways she immediately bought me a plane ticket to california to go live with my sister. I had a few drugs there, some pills and the seeds and said "fuck it" and just took it all. I can't remember if I washed the seeds or not, I'm assuming I didn't based on the 3 day hell I had afterwards. I don't remember exactly how many seeds I had. I am certain it was at least 500, but the number 800 comes to mind trying to remember. I'll never know.

Anyways a few hours later I had just taken my seat on the plane and was tripping balls. Tribal tattoos all over my arms and everyones face. The light strips going down the isle of the plane were crazy snakes.

Next thing I remember is my sister calling me like "wtf?? Where are you?" Apparently when I landed I just aimlessly wandered around the airport for an hour looking for baggage claim.

The next 3 days I had intense headaches, could barely stand up, vasoconstriction, loss of vision... I'm assuming this is what it feels like to poison yourself with pesticides.

Glad I've grown up and I'm not such an idiot anymore. I look back at myself and now look at 18 year olds as children. I thought I was so mature at 18. Funny how that works.

Also tried to replicate this experience a few times a few years later. One trip had me hanging on to my sanity by a thread laying down in the shower for 4 hours... One that just sucked and gave me a headache. And one OK one with decent CEVs and very euphoric MDMA like pulses of euphoric energy listening to music.

Never tried the seeds again after that. Too unpredictable and too much side effects with intense body load.

Also I realized that cannabis really brings out the visuals, there's no point dosing MG without it imo

That amount of stupid shit I did between the ages of 12-13 to 18 still amazes me to this day. I fully understand lol. Appreciate you sharing the story too!

-GC

The shit I did before 18 is so dumb and reckless I don't even feel like talking about it anonymously on the internet....... I started smoking weed and doing DXM regularly at 13... At 14 I started pawning shit like a priceless michael jordan poster signed personally to me just to get high on WEED. Freshman year of highschool was coke meth and heroin. You can probably see why I was sent to a psych ward a week before my 17th birthday. I didn't get out of institutions until the day I turned 18.... I'm lucky I still have most of my brain left at 31.

Last edited:
Tregar, I've been reading through most of your threads and studying before trying to do my third cwe. First thanks for sharing. I really appreciate the knowledge.

So my first couple extractions were from other sources on the web. I used Burpee brand seeds from home depot. They were done in distilled cold water and left over night shaking periodically. The first extract was so miserable the first couple hours that I promised never to do it again, lol. But the dream after the two hours was pretty decent. Slightly euphoric some giggles here and there very slight oev. Just feel good. It was good enough that I aquired some ginger candies to attempt a second cwe. However, I just couldn't keep the second extraction down, and purged after 30 mins. I didn't feel sober, but the dream wasn't too exciting either.

I then stumbled on your post on cwe. Which gave me hope to try again. I really am excited. I've read through your example several times to make sure I have the procedure down. Reading through your notes, I've noticed you kept the seeds in the water solution for only 20-30 mins, so I'm thinking that's where I've gone wrong. Which leads me to a few questions.

I'll be following your recipe this time with lemon juice instead of DL Tartaric acid, and seeds I bought online (not sure the freshness: i ordered them before finding this thread). For now I'm only doing one dose at a time because I'll be testing proceeding extractions for potency. Also because I still need to procure a PH meter and DL acid.This is the Tartaric acid I've found, DL Tartaric acid

1 ) You have said you've seen DL Tartaric listed recently, can you post a couple of links if the above doesn't qualify?

Also, post no.2 on this thread says:

3) 250g fresh dry seeds right off the vine in the fall (I grow a dozen plants every year for their visual aesthetics & flowers) were first crushed with a hammer in between a paper plate with the edges of the paper plate folded in to prevent loss of crushed seeds.

2 ) Do you use 250 grams or 250 seeds?

3 ) I would like to do one dose at a time (roughly 10g/250 seeds), so if you meant 250g should I reduce my cwe mixture since I'm only doing 10g?

Also in post no.2 you state:

Spring made Chilled Bigelow Mint Medley tea (comes in a sealed foil packet for freshness, important!)

4 ) Are you putting the tea bag into the water or making the tea before hand? If making before hand, how much is added?

I'm using a cheap dry sherry. I've read that acetaldehyde in sherry can range 50-800 mg. But I can't figure out which ones are more potent or if it matters.

5 ) Do you recommend a certain sherry?

6 ) Do you know a good source for acquiring fresh seeds?

7 ) Can you go into detail about the timing of the seeds in the water and after removing them letting them sit for 3 hours (the science)?

As I said earlier, I want to try extracting after the first 30 mins. So once I remove the seeds after the directed 20 mins, I'm going to put them into a second extraction for 3 hours then remove and discard.

8 ) Have you tried this, am I wasting my time?

My seeds will arrive tomorrow. It feels like the day before Christmas. I'm only apprehensive about the seeds not being fresh, not having a ph meter, and the absence on DL Tartaric acid. I still have high hopes. Anyway, thanks in advance. I look forward from hearing from you.

Last edited: