post some pop!

(This group was essentially the same kind of vanity project for Alan McGee that This Mortal Coil was for Ivo Wutts-Rassell(sp?), but this song was the definite standout among everything of theirs I've heard, all the more because it wasn't on a proper release, just a label sampler entitled Creation Soup, Vol. 4 . . . )

Biff Bang Pow! – "It Makes You Scared" (1991):

In collaboration with Herr Giorgio Moroder, production genius, here's
.Sparks – "The Number One Song In Heaven" (1979).

If you should die before you wake,
If you should die while crossing the street,
The song that you'll hear, I guarantee:

It's number one all over heaven,
. The number-one song all over heaven!

The one that's the rage up here in the clouds,
Loud as a crowd or soft as a doubt,
Lyrically weak but the music's the thing:

Gabriel plays it—God, how he plays it;
. Gabriel plays it—let's hear him play it!

I used to be embarrassed about liking pop but once I hit my 30s i dgaf anymore, i like what I like and there's some amazing pop out there. Say what you will about Katy Perry but Teenage Dream (the album) was THE moment in 2010
Anyway I'm a huge fan of synthpop and imo nobody does it better than CHVRCHES. Their most recent album had a dreampop influence (I hear Lush in a lot of songs) from the 90s and it's def their best. This song gets me every time

Hola Plumbus, he estado escuchando mucha música en español últimamente desde reggaeton hasta banda y ranchera por alguna razón pensé que era un artista de México. A pesar de estar en inglés, sigue siendo una canción pop bastante buena. espero que estés bien

'Marlena on the wall', was pretty, epic also, imo. 😉
I went back and listened to her debut album & had a wave of nostalgia from these quiet gems. Vague memories of owning the cassette. Imported chromium dioxide 😂

Side 1

Cracking 0:02
Freeze Tag 2:48
Marlene on the Wall 5:20
Small Blue Thing 8:53
Straight Lines 12:42