• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Art Post some ART that you're feeling today - and why?

Charlene_b.jpg

I'm feeling this piece, Charlene because it's by the now-late Robert Rauschenberg. He was truly one of the greatest artists of the 20th century. Unfortunately I feel like the collective world has failed to take note of his passing. :( None of my friends, colleagues, co-workers or family brought up Robert Rauschenberg's death earlier this week. I just posted an article in CE&P. I hope somebody cares.

I loved the part of the article where the journalist asks Rauschenberg if he feared dying. Rauchenberg's reponse:

"There are moments in the day when I find it terrifying," he said at last. "I don't ever want to go. I don't have a sense of great reality about the next world." Then, referencing an old spiritual, he said, "My feet are too ugly to wear those golden slippers."

RIP

Just checked out that site, he's made some pretty crazy scenes. Very morbid but very awesome lol

I looked at it too...I had nightmares as a child of wolves chasing me on stairs and finding body parts in the fridge. It's chilling how he captures those kinds of fears in his work. Very interesting.

I also love butterflies - as girly and cliche as that is. They remind me of hope, new life and fragility. <3

ButterflyEye.jpg

See more of groovybab's art here.

EdieButterfly.jpg

See more of marina-b's art here.

ButterflyBodies.jpg

See more of vidi's art here.

degas4.jpg

Edgard Degas, In a Cafe (The Absinthe Drinker), 1875-76

Eric Staller is a New York-based artist whose light experimentation techniques include using a tripod and long exposures of light to create spectacular artwork against the backdrop of urban environments.

16163_2_468.jpg

16163_3_468.jpg

16163_5_468.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqT7mEdrF-0
yea thats far out (sleep deprivation some other stuff n' this is just as good as some L :D

I'm an Alice fan too!

I pretty much obsess over every book, movie or piece of art that is related to the two books, or has a rabbit hole theme.

^ I'm an Alice snob. I think anything other than the originals is sub-par and not nearly as brilliant :).

Love_by_uncommonman.jpg

Love...... by uncommon man.

I have had a full or near full Moon track my 1 1/2 hr commute home for the past 3 nights. It sits on my right shoulder to the East while I travel at over 130kph through the State forest, changing it's colour from silver to orange/red.

I know that by the waning crescent she will fly in.... and my life starts again.

Snakes.jpg

Peacock.jpg

^I love both of these pieces. I found them randomly sometime in the past week so I can't recall the artists.
They're both so detailed and just stunning. If I thought a tattoo artist could do them justice I may have them inked on me permenantly.

^ Those are awesome!!

Atilla Richard Lukacs

10_new_20_tn.jpg

18695.jpg

04.jpg

Canadian/Hungarian. Some of his paintings are housed at the local museum in my hometown of London, ON. He paints dark, disturbing "homoerotic" paintings that I can very much relate to...