• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Art Post some ART that you're feeling today - and why?

cover_nomonster.jpg

mary.jpg

these are really interesting... especially when you consider she painted them using her DD breasts. :D

artist: Kira Ayn Varszegi

breast195%20(9).jpg

breast204%20(8).jpg

insomnia2%20(12).jpg

enjoyingthepleasuresoft.png

waitingforadrink.png

fabian perez is one of my favorite artists. i didnt look through all the pages but i dont think hes been represented yet.

tumblr_l884xifKtD1qa0nd6o1_500.jpg

This is a photo of the first Black girl to attend an all white school in the United States—Dorothy Counts—being jeered and taunted by her white, male peers.

^ What an incredibly strong young lady. I can't imagine doing what she did at 15 years of age. I champion historical figures like her. :) <3

There are so many beautiful things on this page......

tumblr_l884xifKtD1qa0nd6o1_500.jpg

This is a photo of the first Black girl to attend an all white school in the United States—Dorothy Counts—being jeered and taunted by her white, male peers.

This photo really spoke to me.
It is heartbreaking but inspiring at the same time.
She was a strong chick.
People can be douche bags.
I was in a situation like hers once and not as strong........

^The lounge can be pretty harsh at times ;) j/k

You couldn't even imagine how she was feeling that day. It's bad enough being in a room with one person who is being a dick towards you, but a whole town & school full of idiots must have been an absolute nightmare.

You can see the strain on her face, yet she's totally defiant. I love pictures that make you empathise or feel as though you were there in some way. Just a split second of time caught on film can make you think about so many things. It never ceases to amaze me, which is probably why I'm so obsessed with images. I wonder what the photographer was thinking when he took it?.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorothy_Counts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn007vtrHzQ

<3

Last edited:
^The lounge can be pretty harsh at times ;) j/k

You couldn't even imagine how she was feeling that day. It's bad enough being in a room with one person who is being a dick towards you, but a whole town & school full of idiots must have been an absolute nightmare.

In a really small way, I can imagine.
When I was younger, 12, I was the only white girl in an all black school.
The kids were awful to me and I didn't last more than that first day.
Even the staff was mean......I had to sit on the floor. (I'm not kidding)

I'm not saying I know what she felt like, b/c that was a VERY different time- but from being in the situation I was, I can imagine.

Racism should not exist. It is totally ridiculous.