• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Possible rare LSD overdose in Cotton death

Alright, if you take a dose of LSD high enough to kill you its is going to be quite high. People have taken thumb prints and not died. Those were definitely over 12,000ug. The only person know so far to have died is someone who injected 325,000ug, 325mg. So, lets say to die you need 100mg. Have you ever even tried 500ug of LSD? How coordinated were you then? Lets amplify that dose 200x, I bet you woulda just been leaping over walls, scaling skyscrapers, and pulling jackie chan moves on the cops huh? For those of you who need a little more perspective on that situation, say you have some really potent dank ass blotter at 500ug a hit. Assuming you need 100mg to die, you needa eat two sheets. Now, lets take a poll. Who here thinks they could see someone accurately enough and coordinate themselves accurately enough to pose a threat to anyone after eating two sheets of LSD?

Last edited:
^^^^ A very good point. My estimate, based on a journal publication of the eight people who snorted two "lines" each of pure LSD powder, is that 50 mg is enough to incapacitate and put most intolerant people in the hospital while being unlikely to result in death.

So yeah, it's quite likely that ingestion of an actual lethal dose (or that approaching one) would be preceded by complete physical incapacitation.

luckytaak said:
I am just saying that I doubt he is an expert but,
doubt is even too strong of a word. I dont want to say he is not an expert, because I dont even know if he is an expert or not, and I dont even want to say he is not an expert, because that still implies that he is not an expert, which I dont yet know if he is or not.

See what I’m saying?

Oh, how dare he express skepticism!

All he wants is support for a statement.

the media screwed up again as everyone pointed out, the guy that said the cops scared him to death is probably right.

in the update it said that martin was manic-deppresive so maybe 53mcg was enough to send him for a loop and then ,as update clealy says, the fucking pigs beat him to death! man cops are fucked up.

It's what most of us would like to believe, but it's a disrespectful way of thinking. LSD in very high doses can be physiologically dangerous, and even in smaller doses can cause obvious damage to brain receptors as evidenced by this recent Erowid report:

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=46958

HPPD is rare, but it does happen. The fact that people are often surprised when it happens to them indicates that they didn't believe LSD could be toxic.

Don't misconstrue me, I think it's a wonderful chemical, but I'll always be a little afraid of it when I use it...maybe reverence for it is a better explanation.

LSD overdoses are not rare. They are nearly non-existant. There are no documented cases EVER of an overdose.

This is bullshit. Those cops all deserve to fry for this.

realm said:
LSD overdoses are not rare. They are nearly non-existant. There are no documented cases EVER of an overdose.

This is bullshit. Those cops all deserve to fry for this.

I concur.

None of the snorters died, and I think the last girl was either mixing with speed or doing STP (18hrs???, all of the snorters were fine after 12)
so maybe 2 death causing incidents