• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Possible OD Need Help ASAP

HatingThisLife

Bluelighter
My cousin is about 30 days out of an 8 month rehab stint. He has been smoking fentdope. Tonight we found him passed out, fallen over off the toilet into the tub. He was breathing, pulse was ok but not responsive. We got him propped up against the wall and he opened his eyes, started talking and responding to questions but he keeps nodding back out. If we keep him propped up and he wakes up and gets up is he pretty much coming out of it or should I call emts and NARCAN him? He is going to go to prison for 4 years if his name gets ran...

If he wakes up, stays awake and is able to breathe then yes he is coming out of it. If he keeps nodding out and shows any sign of having trouble breathing or having very slowed breathing than he needs medical assistance. If you have any cocaine, methamphetamine or suboxone on hand, you can inject him with those (just one, not all three) and it should bring him out of it.

Scary thing..two-three times help people not to die OD from H.Same to me...then was no narcan.Breathe-moth to mouth.So...to those that never do iv,please dont do it.Smoka,snort,plug,but not iv...too easy to die

Narcan but if there’s none subs will work as well pop a strip in their mouth or hit em wit it for faster effect. They be upset afterwards but they won’t die

It's barbaric that you can get in trouble with the law if someone tries to save your life by calling 911. In my state they finally passed a law that says no one in the location can get in trouble for drugs if someone calls 911 for an overdose. Sadly, the fear of trouble has caused many overdose deaths that could have been prevented.

Scary thing..two-three times help people not to die OD from H.Same to me...then was no narcan.Breathe-moth to mouth.So...to those that never do iv,please dont do it.Smoka,snort,plug,but not iv...too easy to die
Yeah I've had to do that a few times, when it was my homophobic, alpha male room mate... I decided it was best that I never told him I gave him mouth to mouth while the paramedics arrived :LOL:

I know this was a long time ago but he did live and we didn't call 911 but came very close to it. The only reason we didn't call was bc he had been kicked out of court ordered rehab so it would've been an automatic violation n he would've gotten the time and shortly after I posted this he started responding to our questions n woke up.

I recently learned that Florida also passed laws along with every US state called Good Samaritan Laws, if you don't know what they are in your state I highly recommend Googling then. In Florida a person who is overdosing that has 911 called to save them is protected from arrest and prosecution for possession and from violation of probation