• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants possible causes of extreme anxiety, sleepiness, trouble thinking, overall weakness minutes after ingesting meth?

tweakerguy

Bluelighter
Basically the complete opposite effect one should experience. Anyone have this happen? Got a new bag last night from a connect i need to forget about. Stuff looks good, slight sweet scent of acetone though.
Also minimal burn, which i consider not the greatest sign. Minimal at least compared to the last stuff i had.
I realize there are many variables to consider (tolerance issues, diet, other meds, amount ingested, etc..) and that asking about it over the internet probably won't get me very far, but idk what else to do.

Possibilities: my diet the last two days or so hasn't been the best, and i take zoloft once a day that was taken about 5 hours later than normal today. Probably within an hour or two of the meth which isn't something i ever do.
I've also been using daily since early August 2019, minus this last March where i was clean off everything. But I've never had this reaction so fast after a couple lines. I actually felt 100% better before doing any today.
And I did do 3 very small lines of this new stuff last night without this happening.
I give people a lot of shit about that N-Iso stuff being as prevalent as some say, but now idk. Do these symptoms align with that garbage? I'm worried because my cognition is fucked right now 😓

Last edited:
This happens to me frequently (except the anxiety bit which I never get while high). I think it's partly tolerance, partly shitty dope and partly the psychiatric drugs. I can begin a binge on day one getting high but not confused on say 2.5 points but 8-12 hours later the re-dose the same size just spins me out so I can't think straight and then puts me to sleep. I notice it happens more when I don't get just big crystals in the bag and there's lots of crumbly shit - I figure that's a psychoactive cut like n-iso that adds to the sleepy-dope feel. But even when just large shards, I can still get tired on day 2 after getting high on day 1. I can't remember the last time I was able to go 3-4 days constantly high without sleepiness or confusion. .

sounds like a typical response from overuse associated with low blood sugar and general nutritional depletion

sounds like a typical response from overuse associated with low blood sugar and general nutritional depletion
But happening that abruptly? On top of the physical effects, the stuff had me feeling like i wanted to die. Just super depressed.
I figured that was a gradual thing. And like i said its been an every day habit for close to a year. Nothing ever like this.
The gear also looks insanely good and was one big chunk, zero shake. Ive had much shittier looking stuff that was 100x better than this. I dont get it.
Also, in addition to the low burn when insufflated, theres very little drip and its not nearly as bitter as it should be.
Oh well thanks guys.

But happening that abruptly? On top of the physical effects, the stuff had me feeling like i wanted to die. Just super depressed.
I figured that was a gradual thing. And like i said its been an every day habit for close to a year. Nothing ever like this.
The gear also looks insanely good and was one big chunk, zero shake. Ive had much shittier looking stuff that was 100x better than this. I dont get it.
Also, in addition to the low burn when insufflated, theres very little drip and its not nearly as bitter as it should be.
Oh well thanks guys.

Not saying it is or isn't to do with blood sugar, but changes in blood sugar/insulin output can happen very quickly (almost instantly) from a dose of stimulants. And it can feel like all kinds of things - somatically speaking. Perhaps it's very pure gear indeed and thus having a particularly potent effect in this regards?

I've had those kind of days, sounds like you are thinking too much about it...kind of like if you gotta ask yourself if you're high

Not saying it is or isn't to do with blood sugar, but changes in blood sugar/insulin output can happen very quickly (almost instantly) from a dose of stimulants. And it can feel like all kinds of things - somatically speaking. Perhaps it's very pure gear indeed and thus having a particularly potent effect in this regards?
Well I may have figured out what's happening. I had forgotten about the CBD oil I had begun taking maybe a day or two before all this happened. Not very potent stuff, it's 300 mgs per bottle. Still i have a very low marijuana tolerance and probably over did it with 2 full droppers a night, THC or not. Anyway I googled possible interactions with CBD while taking Zoloft and found my answer. Apparently taking antidepressants while using CBD is a bad idea as the CBD essentially blocks the effects of the SSRI through some process in the liver. It may also be blocking the pleasurable effects of the dope, which explains a lot.
Either way, I need to quit the meth.

N-Iso stuff being as prevalent as some say, but now idk. Do these symptoms align with that garbage? I'm worried because my cognition is fucked right now

I don't do meth but like reading up on drugs and all you need to do is Google "n-iso"

And further down the page is a link to warnings of n-iso and yours sound similar yeah, even the anxiety and thinking you might die, the sleepiness, brain fog, go read it

It's also known as "sleepy dope" looks like meth and acts similar it was a really interesting artical

I've had those kind of days, sounds like you are thinking too much about it...kind of like if you gotta ask yourself if you're high
Yeah those are the worst.
You know you're past due for a break, or need to quit altogether. I passed that probably 5-6 months ago. Whatever this is, I need to take it as a sign and get off the train.

Ive never heard of CBD interacting with anything like that.

Sounds to me like you need a break. Build up that dopamine back.

Oh well thanks guys.

This was on that artical too

"Bitter when tasted, unlike meth, which is extremely bitter & slightly numbing"

Everything you've said about side effects, taste, the look of the shards is the same shit on that n-iso Web page I read

I don't do meth but like reading up on drugs and all you need to do is Google "n-iso"

And further down the page is a link to warnings of n-iso and yours sound similar yeah, even the anxiety and thinking you might die, the sleepiness, brain fog, go read it

It's also known as "sleepy dope" looks like meth and acts similar it was a really interesting artical

If it's the one i'm thinking about, i read the article a while back haha. It's one of the only 3 results in google about the stuff.
You're right, a lot of it does match up. BUT there's also a lot of inconsistencies, isolated accounts, hearsay, etc in that article.
I'm not 100% ruling it out but i think the odds are slim. I was considering it more before remembering the CBD oil.

Lot's of inconsistencies, isolated accounts

Was it his own experience report and extensive research and how to test your shit without a lab etc?

He had photos of Meth and n-iso

They look alike, he explained how to tell thrm apart

It was really indepth

Was it his own experience report and extensive research and how to test your shit without a lab etc?

He had photos of Meth and n-iso

They look alike, he explained how to tell thrm apart

It was really indepth

Yeah it was pretty detailed with the photos and such, however I've had absolutely amazing dope that looked identical to some of them. The chunk I had looked very much like real meth except for some of the smaller pieces that broke off when it was crushed that looked more like MSM, than anything else. But I haven't seen that stuff pop up in over 10 years.
Also forgot to mention i performed a bleach test and it passed with flying colors. I know those aren't exactly reliable but it lets you know there's meth present at the very least.

Basically the complete opposite effect one should experience. Anyone have this happen? Got a new bag last night from a connect i need to forget about. Stuff looks good, slight sweet scent of acetone though.
Also minimal burn, which i consider not the greatest sign. Minimal at least compared to the last stuff i had.
I realize there are many variables to consider (tolerance issues, diet, other meds, amount ingested, etc..) and that asking about it over the internet probably won't get me very far, but idk what else to do.

Possibilities: my diet the last two days or so hasn't been the best, and i take zoloft once a day that was taken about 5 hours later than normal today. Probably within an hour or two of the meth which isn't something i ever do.
I've also been using daily since early August 2019, minus this last March where i was clean off everything. But I've never had this reaction so fast after a couple lines. I actually felt 100% better before doing any today.
And I did do 3 very small lines of this new stuff last night without this happening.
I give people a lot of shit about that N-Iso stuff being as prevalent as some say, but now idk. Do these symptoms align with that garbage? I'm worried because my cognition is fucked right now 😓
Seems to sound like that n-iso shit to me. Sometimes I get a batch that isn't mixed up well enough so you have veins of pure n-iso and that is fukn nasty. I hate that shit. Seems like the batch is bunk, but then your next hooter is good. I always crush it all up and blend it well before I indulge. I wish they wouldn't use that n-iso shit at all, but people are fukn cheap as fuk and the purity isnt shit compared to a few years ago. It's a damn shame. I find the n-iso also makes the comedown fucking brutal. Just ran out last Thursday and I'm still struggling with BAD brain fog and fatigue. Slept for 72 hours and it still didn't help. Trying to get thru work now and want to go back to bed. Ugh!!!

Acutally .. it is possible to flip yourself into a negative experience when taking stimulants. I basically never experienced joy till I took amps and 3 months in it got to the point where I could flip into a comedown about 10 minutes after taking amps. Eventually I learned not to do it .. but amps really induce a heightened state of attention and this can be both positive and negative .. although it does tend to have a positive bias - it's not guaranteed .. and I had to learn how to be happy and integrate it into my sense of self. It was just felt wrong to me at that point.

I agree with most other posters though. the above sounds unlikely and the OP is probably just taking a mild overdose It's easily done when smoking as the process is compulsive and you can focus on it more than noticing the way you feel. I've more than once smoked myself into psychosis while emphatically stating that I'm not getting high (with massive eyeballs at ten times the normal speed of conversation whilst not listening to anybody else) .. and I've got > 20 years of amphetamine experience.

If you're a twitchy type when you smoke it like me you can always try eating it .. not only does this reduce the problem of cuts .. but the problem with smoking is that you go down to the buzz from the rush which frames it all wrong but with eating you get a lot of positive anticipation and a gentle always increasing buzz. Far prefer that buzz myself .. though it does tend to be less functional than the smoked equivalent and it can be hard on the stomach and much longer lasting (you can switch to smoking for top ups as it won't be so full on when you're already buzzed). Try and eat a cracker or something with it. Easy with your first dose ...

Last edited: