European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Portugal

Tryptamite

Bluelighter
For a while now I have been posting in eadd about drug use in various European countries about methadone treatment and about prison sentences.

I have finally settled on Lisbon or perhaps Porto put more than likely Lisbon as the place to rest my weary head for some time I have been in contact with methadone agencies and I think I have that aspect of it covered.

I will be doing an online TEFL course and although I do not have a complete third level education I do not think it is completely necessary from me to have this to find work.

I speak some Portuguese and I am fluent in English obviously I will be fluent speaking Portuguese in a month or so of living there I will be unlimited money until I find a job and I will be resorting to tourist hostels and 24-hour gyms in order to save what little money I have and make it last.

Is anybody on here from Lisbon or Portugal on the whole I would love to speak to somebody preferably another addict but any drug user or even just non drug user to ask some questions about Portugal and Portuguese culture it is not my first time in Portugal but I do have some questions I would love to ask

Also any information or pointers or advice anyone has to give peace feel free to post I will not be making any more treads about different countries I have decided my future and in less than a month's time I will be sipping the cheapest alcohol out of a brown paper bag while enjoying the sun in Lisbon :)

For a while now I have been posting in eadd about drug use in various European countries about methadone treatment and about prison sentences.

I have finally settled on Lisbon or perhaps Porto put more than likely Lisbon as the place to rest my weary head for some time I have been in contact with methadone agencies and I think I have that aspect of it covered.

I will be doing an online TEFL course and although I do not have a complete third level education I do not think it is completely necessary from me to have this to find work.

I speak some Portuguese and I am fluent in English obviously I will be fluent speaking Portuguese in a month or so of living there I will be unlimited money until I find a job and I will be resorting to tourist hostels and 24-hour gyms in order to save what little money I have and make it last.

Is anybody on here from Lisbon or Portugal on the whole I would love to speak to somebody preferably another addict but any drug user or even just non drug user to ask some questions about Portugal and Portuguese culture it is not my first time in Portugal but I do have some questions I would love to ask

Also any information or pointers or advice anyone has to give peace feel free to post I will not be making any more treads about different countries I have decided my future and in less than a month's time I will be sipping the cheapest alcohol out of a brown paper bag while enjoying the sun in Lisbon :)

What's your motivation for the move if you don't mind me asking?

This is a big decision to make over the space of a month. I have bipolar disorder and when last in an episode was looking at moving abroad - I was so off my tits that I can't even remember where I was considering. Now the idea seems absurd to me.

Not saying that your case is the same and if you have it figured out then good luck but I've known street addicts who came to England looking for a better life only to end up with serious habits, living on the harsh streets of London and begging for a living. A guy who used to score for me had moved to London from somewhere in Spain and ended up living on the streets. Dunno what his motivation was but I would guess it wasn't that.

Best of luck to ya of course but I hope you're making an informed decision.

Get out of jail, and drug debts and fighting which will be tough for me in there even though I've not done anything wrong. Bar the crimes obviously and the money owed.

Seriously cannot stay here and just not ready to go to rehab. Been on and off again clean more times on last 6 months than I nearly have been in 15 years. Not ready and not able any more. Drained. Perhaps treatment in Portugal after I reduce methadone