• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Poppys indoor

Yeah your right about skunkman. Those seeds aren't the easiest to come by these days.(lots of these strains just get repackaged and labeled as skunk #1).

Yeah, sub was a creep, there was photos and ill leave it at that so I don't talk ill will of the dead.

Do you breed? Or just grow?

I have alot of upcoming projects starting in August and I'm excited as fuck, especially to work/breed black afghani, Petrolia headstash etc, then some killer landrace hazes.

Going to be a great year for cannabis growers/consumers

Yeah your right about skunkman. Those seeds aren't the easiest to come by these days.(lots of these strains just get repackaged and labeled as skunk #1).

Yeah, sub was a creep, there was photos and ill leave it at that so I don't talk ill will of the dead.

Do you breed? Or just grow?

I have alot of upcoming projects starting in August and I'm excited as fuck, especially to work/breed black afghani, Petrolia headstash etc, then some killer landrace hazes.

Going to be a great year for cannabis growers/consumers
I stopped growing a while ago, around the time they were busting people running non profit delivery services in LV…was also around the time I got into opiates which just started everything on a downward spiral

Super soil oh boy, Ha I have a feeling we frequented the same sites years ago, maybe one day we’ll exchange handles…you remember that video of sub falling on his ass, haha , but really I did find a couple keepers out of his stuff, but I guess you can get lucky with any cross…remember Matt Rize ? Fucking little punk ripped of my tek for making bubble hash and never even tossed a nod my way, honestly that scene was so toxic back in the day

yup i know that video :LOL: i was mostly on icmag, a little rollitup and thcfarmer etc.

i figured their had to be some castaways from those forums who are here now - im one of them for sure....that was fun back then

d5djD6g.gif

I grew some indoors recently. The resulting poppies were far stronger than any outdoor grown poppies I've had (and I have consumed many pounds of outdoor poppies).

So it certainly can be done. It was alot of work but it was also quite fascinating to watch them grow. I grew them in a little 4x4 grow tent (as well as another group in my garage).

A couple of things:

- Don't grow them during the summer unless you live somewhere where it doesn't get too hot, or you can control the temperature. The grow tent shouldn't reach over 80 degrees, and the young plants like colder temps (65-70 degrees).

- In the tent I used two inexpensive "600W" LED lights I bought on Amazon (the true output of these are like 60W).

- I used standard potting soil but I mixed in perlite at a ratio of 3 parts soil 1 part perlite

- Feed regularly with organic fertilizers and blood meal

Would recommend doing research, I read everything I could find on the subject of growing poppies.

However, I will never grow these again. I must have some Afghan blood in me because it turns out I was very good at growing these, and I wound up yielding far more than I anticipated. As someone who has been horribly and hopelessly addicted to opioids in the past, a good strong dose of this stuff thows off my already low functioning opioid system. About three to four days after drinking tea made from these pods, a slowly developing depression sort of comes over me, as well as joint pain, difficulty sleeping, skin sensitivity, etc. This state lasts for a good 10 days, maybe more. Not really worth it. So not going to grow them anymore.

I gave some to my girlfriend when she was having really bad period pain. Right after dosing her (a capsule with raw opium in it) I realized the dose was too high. I figured she might get sick, vomiting, etc, and figured worse case I might have to give her some naltrexone. I go to check on her an hour later and she looks absolutely fucked up, high as hell, scratching her face, etc. I asked her, "did I give you too much?", and with a raspy voice (as if she had just emerged from surgery and the general anesthetic is wearing off) she says, "No I think it was the right amount".

My girlfriend has no history of drug use and what is interesting is that I have given her opioids in the past to treat pain, opioids such as hydrocodone, tianeptine, o-desmethyltramadol and kratom, but she never seemed to enjoy the effect. The opium however was very different in that she seemed to actually enjoy it, and unlike the other opioids I've given her in the past, she has asked for the poppies again. But that was the last time she'll be having it.
Why did you have a bad reaction to your grown poppies? Like do you mean you wouldn't have had these bad reactions if you had just done oxy pills.or something?

Why did you have a bad reaction to your grown poppies? Like do you mean you wouldn't have had these bad reactions if you had just done oxy pills.or something?

No, not a bad reaction to the poppies. The problem is with all strong opioids in general. I go back into withdrawal very easily because of past opioid dependencies. So same thing would happen with any strong narcotic. It is more of a rebound than actual withdrawal syndrome, but it feels similar.

No, not a bad reaction to the poppies. The problem is with all strong opioids in general. I go back into withdrawal very easily because of past opioid dependencies. So same thing would happen with any strong narcotic. It is more of a rebound than actual withdrawal syndrome, but it feels similar.
Just from one high?

Just from one high?

Not one usually, but poppies are little different than most other opioids. One strong dose of poppies is like multiple highs because of how long it lasts.

When i take a dose of opium or poppy tea I like to take a strong dose, basically as strong as a dose as possible, which is slightly below the non-stop vomiting territory (i accidently crossed over into that territory a few weeks ago). Even though I don't exactly have a tolerance to opioids anymore because I rarely use them, I definitely have a natural/permatolerance to them because the amount I take would probably be a lethal dose for some people (like my girlfriend).

This usually has me very high for a good 36 hours straight, itching like a madman, my pupils pinned, going in and out of nods etc. This weekend i had a mini binge consisting of multiple doses of poppies, so I'm going to be feeling a nasty rebound in a few days. Last dose was on Saturday afternoon and I can already start to feel an aching in my knees. Its probably going to be a nasty case because I was consuming poppies Thursday to Saturday. Poppy withdrawal/rebound takes a while to develop and lasts a long time, the depression it causes lasts the longest, it's like a heavy dark cloud of sadness/anhedonia.

That's why I'm not growing these anymore. I just end up taking it, feel awful for a few weeks, eventually start feeling good again and then think hmmm, "perhaps I'll treat myself to some poppies", and then im feeling terrible again, and so on.

These plants are exceptionally addictive. It is very telling that my girlfriend, who has never enjoyed any of the other opioids I have given her nor ever asked for more, and asked me multiple times for more opium. There is almost a mystical quality to how addictive they are. No surprise that the original drug that got me hooked on opioids when I was in high school was none other than pharmaceutical morphine.

Unless you are already actively addicted to opioids or are a very advanced/experienced opioid user like I am, I would advise against growing these monsters. I don't regret growing them but I have enough sense not to grow them again.

Sub was an idiot, that being said I was sad to hear he passed. Dood was a mad creep too.

Matt is a just a straight up fucking asshole. Fuck that guy. The times I've run into him I'd love to punch his face in but when he lips off, he's always with 20+ people.

C99 is a great strain and it's a staple for us breeders.

Skunk #1 is great, but its very hard to find legit skunk 1. Once I got it(long ago) I did a full preservation project so I have seeds for life.

Part of my job breeding is Massie pheno hunts etc. I prefer strongly to only work with clones when I absolutely have too.

To the person that said opium has a tap root so it won't grow in a pot.

What is the thought here? All plants basically have tap roots. Although clones won't have a tap root, they still root out of the base of the stem. Anything will grow in a pot, shit, you could grow an apple tree in one if you wanted too(in fact that's how most trees are bought then later transplanted.
I know this isn't the marijuana cultivation thread but how do you guys know that you have what it's purported to be and not one of the 1001 genetically similar strains? How could you tell that the Skunk 1's out there were fakes? There's just so many strains out there and the difference between some strains must be so miniscule. Even one Skunk 1 can be extremely different looking to another skunk 1 if grown differently.... Correct? Or I could be way off base. I admit I know very little on the subject, thus the reason I'm asking.

Last edited:
I know this isn't the marijuana cultivation thread but how do you guys know that you have what it's purported to be and not one of the 1001 genetically similar strains? How could you tell that the Skunk 1's out there were fakes. There's just so many strains out there and the difference between some strains must be so miniscule. Even one Skunk 1 can be extremely different looking to another skunk 1 if grown differently.... Correct? Or I could be way off base. I admit I know very little on the subject, thus the reason I'm asking.

Because we've done this along ass time and the connections run deep.

I'm not going to talk inside baseball, but alot of us have done this generationally.

You are absolutely correct however, what you see/are told is very often not correct. This is why so many people reproduce seed and clone what they know is legit.

Just an example.

Wedding cake was a huge hype strain. So it was exclusive to one breeder. Sooo, how do you get it if the person won't sell clones? Get your doods hired in his grow and take em. Happens all the time. Also clones like these can run 15 to 40 thousand dollars.

At the end of the day, if you love cannabis, hopefully you have a breeder in your corner.

From what I remember Sam was the breeder that created Skunk #1 At one time he was gifting seeds at a high profile cannabis grow site, but that was almost a decade ago

Unless Sam was around in the late 70’s when skunk 1 first appeared I find that doubtful,I first started growing in 83-84 and I grew I hybrid Skunk1,Basic 5 and Skunk #1 was also offered but the hybrid was better because it was better suited for indoor growing ,as far as I know Holland was ground zero on the best strains on the planet at the time ,

Super sativa seed club was one of the companies selling seeds which was based in Holland which is where you had to mail your cash too,( yup cash only ) and the seeds were always postmarked from a different cities in the US each time, I had two close friends who waited to see how mine grew before ordering their own strains,each was postmarked from a different US city each time one of us ordered…

Unless Sam was around in the late 70’s when skunk 1 first appeared I find that doubtful,I first started growing in 83-84 and I grew I hybrid Skunk1,Basic 5 and Skunk #1 was also offered but the hybrid was better because it was better suited for indoor growing ,as far as I know Holland was ground zero on the best strains on the planet at the time ,

Super sativa seed club was one of the companies selling seeds which was based in Holland which is where you had to mail your cash too,( yup cash only ) and the seeds were always postmarked from a different cities in the US each time, I had two close friends who waited to see how mine grew before ordering their own strains,each was postmarked from a different US city each time one of us ordered…

Actually he was the one who created it in the 70's. He later became famous in a different way by opening "Mellow Yellow" Amsterdam's 1st coffee shop.

So, now you know, too.

Actually he was the one who created it in the 70's. He later became famous in a different way by opening "Mellow Yellow" Amsterdam's 1st coffee shop.

So, now you know, too.
Good job Sam,

“The indoor revolution in cannabis cultivation begins in earnest in the early 1980s with the embrace of hydroponics as a primary growing medium. First developed in the 17th century, ‘hydro’-grown plants proved that non-soil mediums sustain full plant development. Later on, German scientists focused on the necessary nutrients in water solutions that can largely replace soil and found such in three: nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium (NPK). The invention of both drip irrigation and the nutrient film technique (NFT) in the 1960s creates an obvious appeal to some of the earliest indoor cannabis cultivators.

According to High Times cultivation editor Danny Danko, “a combination of factors including Nixon’s 1969 crackdown on the Mexican border, Carter’s paraquat spraying, and the advent of powerful HID (High Intensity Discharge) indoor grow lighting made hydroponic marijuana growing increasingly intriguing, attractive, and possible. Soon, companies sprang up to service the needs of those growing with the increasingly more complicated hydro systems.”

In a pre-internet world, via a once-revolutionary technology – the printed press – all of this new information and cultivation jargon was largely propagated by just a few magazines and book authors, notably the long-surviving High Times magazine, the short-lived Sensimilla Tips magazine, and cannabis cultivation writers Mel Frank, Jorge Cervantes, Ed Rosenthal, Kyle Kushman, and Danny Danko.

For non-sophisticated cannabis cultivators, one of the first major public forays into the subject matter of growing cannabis hydroponically was published in the July 1982 edition of High Times (‘Do it Yourself Hydroponics’); in the May 1995 edition of High Times, ‘The Great Hydro vs. Bio Debate’ was featured amongst prominent American and Dutch cannabis cultivation experts.

The influence of Dutch cultivators and seed breeders on the evolution of indoor cannabis cultivation can’t be understated. The Dutch have always been prolific and efficient farmers, dominating markets around the world with their floral exports. Since the late 1970s, Dutch governments have carved out Europe’s most tolerant and pragmatic cannabis laws during a time of worldwide cannabis prohibition by allowing the establishment of hundreds of so-called ‘coffee shops’ to sell cannabis and hash products to adults. In the early years of the coffee shops, cannabis products were largely smuggled from North Africa and the Middle East (i.e., Morocco, Tunisia, Lebanon, etc). Untenable for the long run, cannabis supplies by necessity in The Netherlands needed to be produced locally, and therein a quasi-legal indoor cannabis industry was first realized.

Dozens of innovations for improving indoor cultivation have been championed by the Dutch in the areas of hydroponics, cloning, seed breeding, growing mediums (i.e., rockwool), soil, nutrients, CO2 infusion, and smell mitigation.

Hydroponic gardening’s acceptance among elite cannabis cultivators is showcased in a deeply researched New York Times Magazine piece from 1995 by bestselling author Michael Pollan, which highlighted the Dutch’s prominence and significance in cannabis cultivation’s embrace of technology—including profiling an American cannabis cultivator who “tended” his hydro garden remotely to avoid detection by employing computers, software, and modems.

Unlike outdoor cannabis that needs little more than sun, water, and nutrients, indoor cannabis requires numerous other factors that have come to increasingly rely on ever-evolving and improving technologies to maximize yield, minimize cultivation time, and secure against encroachment.

The evolution of cannabis cultivation indoors from fluorescent to a family of high-intensity discharge lights is a remarkably short one at barely forty years. There are competing and compelling reasons why cannabis cultivators may choose to use one form of lighting over another: crop yield, energy efficiency, and plant quality. The popular range of HID wattages are from 150 for a small personal indoor garden to 1100 for commercial growing with lumens-per-watt efficiency, spectral balance, and brilliance providing the data points to measure a garden’s overall light efficiency.

Measure? Most cannabis cultivators, notably indoor growers, possess a plethora of electronic meters to measure a myriad of necessary conditions in an attempt to maximize their crop’s output: air (humidity), lights (lumens), soil, temperature, water, and nutrient content.”

Yeah not sure why so many mods here are so gung-ho about closing threads. Provided it isn't in direct violation of the BLUA, threads should remain open. Perhaps moved, but not closed.

Keep in mind, nowhere in the BLUA does it say threads in BDD/OD must be harm reduction focused. As the only surviving OD/BDD moderator from that era, this new idea of, "this isn't harm reduction so it needs to be closed" isn't based on some precedent we set back then (nor is it written somewhere).

Much of the harm reduction that goes on here occurs in the periphery of threads, so even if the subject of a thread isn't explicitly harm reduction oriented, harm reduction still often occurs incidentally. And often times it isn't the OP that is the recipient of harm reduction. For instance say someone starts a thread about what strain of kratom is the most euphoric (clearly not harm reduction related). Someone who responds to that post might give a cautionary tale of kratom addiction, and in turn, years later some random person searching the internet about kratom might come across that cautionary tale and take that advice to heart (thus avoiding a similar fate).

So again not sure where the, "this isn't harm reduction so I'm going to close it" concept started but it was never an original guiding principle of OD/BDD. Beyond that, traffic here is so slow, closing things unnecessarily only turns this into more of a graveyard. Even worse is when the thread that is shutdown belongs to a new greenlighter. Imagine registering here and posting your first thread only for it to be shutdown (despite not being against the rules). I'm sure they're like, "Well fuck these guys, i'm never posting here again" 🤣
This.

^That's absolutely wild. I took a five, shit maybe even close to ten year hiatus from BL and have been back on-and-off shortly after hearing about Captain Heroin. I probably owe my life to that guy. I'm sure a lot of us do. I also noticed that the vibe in OD was, for lack of a better word, a lot... more... millennial? In the sense that critical thought doesn't seem to be dispensed as rapidly or valued as much as it was back in the '00s, and people get their knickers twisted about things that intrinsically have no value.

Perhaps I'm judging too harshly and I'm certainly biased from my experience making a thread inquiring about the immediate & spontaneous cessation of any opioidergic effects & what might have caused such a thing, only to have to fight through two pages of people assuring me that it was just tolerance or chastising me for not reaping what I've sowed, as if the first responders in the community could no longer discern what sort of answers you don't need to suggest to people who've been around here for close to 20 years with on-and-off usage patterns and regular pharmacological study.

Man I lost my cool in that thread. I'm getting riled up just thinking about it. I had the patience to explain ad hoc how & why I knew it wasn't tolerance-related, both in my OP and then twice to the people who responded (to inform me of their brilliant conclusions that I was experiencing something called "tolerance") and after having written the equivalent of a PubMed article on why I knew it wasn't tolerance for this idiot just to tell me that he couldn't help me get high & to just wait for my body to reset I lost it. That's not the BL I remember.

This thread though. This is bringing up some juicy memories. Some fat tidbits of remembrance of why I spent so many years of my life poring through these forums.

I think it'd be dope if we could get character sketches & analyses of all the notable regulars from over the years and give them to a screenwriter or a comic artist or something and just watch the fictionalized version of BL Social unfold.

Not that it'd be anything close to the real one :p

Hey guys, sorry if this was already asked or if i chose wrong place to post...

Qustion is can you grow poppys indoors?
If i can give them efficient light and temp. Can i grow them anytime i want?
If posible what Kind of lights?
Any other info from someone with exp. Is apriciated greatly :) 🤘🤘
Ps. Im not looking for perfection , just wanna have some fun with growing and enjoying my own product(im off the pills and h so this would ne perfect reward once a year
There is a book called Hydroponic Heroin by Robert Neil Bunch that may be helpful. Should be easy to find a copy to download if you search up the book.