• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Poppys indoor

those magnum hoods suck with the glass on them - gotta vent them and shit - they're stupid - no offense :)

but LEDs have come a long way - they're a lot better than what they were early on

or were you talking the LST method?

anyway - i would venture to believe that you're better off with less intense lighting because you're just growing flowers - but more spectrum would be a greater benefactor

and i wouldn't doubt that you can produce nice poppies under T-5's also

so i think you're all correct but you'd have to do side by sides to see which yields more - but - i would probably put my money on the LEDs because of more spectrum

Cause we’ll grown indoor always trumps well grown outdoor ;)
That’s a fact,indoors you assume the role of playing God providing everything they need ,everyday they get ideal growing conditions without cloudy days ,lack of water and nutrients,outdoor buds will never be as dense or as heavy as indoor weed,you give them sunny days 365 days a year..Outdoor plants don’t get the love that indoor plants get everyday.

yea people are rockin the LEDs nowadays

i should get em but im still scared of the learning/adjustment curve 😱

or were you talking the LST method?

anyway - i would venture to believe that you're better off with less intense lighting because you're just growing flowers - but more spectrum would be a greater benefactor

and i wouldn't doubt that you can produce nice poppies under T-5's also

so i think you're all correct but you'd have to do side by sides to see which yields more - but - i would probably put my money on the LEDs because of more spectrum
At some point I did buy some LEDs, top of the line at the time and my HPSs blew them out of the water in every category, aside from heat which isn’t really an issues…but I would go with some floros before LEDs

I was growing a full SOG style tent, trellis lots of topping stressing, I forget the technique name but when you take a long shoot and bend it under the trellis so the side branched grow into tops, I think at that time I was experimenting with lumens per square foot, ultimately ended up using that tent as a mother/clone house with 2 600W MH, but the heat was never really a problem even in the Las Vegas summers
Sounds like your talking about crimping , you basically open the plant up by fracturing the branch between your fingers ,the crimping let’s the branch grow in an altered position then becomes kinda like a knot ( harder than a normal branch),, string works well when doing this if you over bend , you can also tie branches off and make them grow how you want,it helps the light penetrate deeper than normal on the plant..I grow in pots so I put a 2” block under one side so more of the plant is exposed to light,rotating plants is another good thing to do…

Sounds like your talking about crimping , you basically open the plant up by fracturing the branch between your fingers ,the crimping let’s the branch grow in an altered position then becomes kinda like a knot ( harder than a normal branch),, string works well when doing this if you over bend , you can also tie branches off and make them grow how you want,it helps the light penetrate deeper than normal on the plant..I grow in pots so I put a 2” block under one side so more of the plant is exposed to light,rotating plants is another good thing to do…
Yes crimping LSTing in a SOG, I think I was pulling a little under a gram per watt at my best

I imagine most production growers are still running HPS set ups, haven’t been to a large production garden in a while since most those relations have dried up tho

yea idk what the ratio is now....that's a good question tho - i have a friend that works at one and he swears by LEDs now

yea idk what the ratio is now....that's a good question tho - i have a friend that works at one and he swears by LEDs now
I looked at google images ( Marijuana growrooms) and they show both types MH,HPS & LEDs but the overwhelming majority are the MH,HPS,,the MH have a white glow and the HPS is amber

Maybe, but maybe that’s why a lot of the weed in dispensary are lower high grade at best :/ all about making money
In nj it’s douche how they have things set up,medial weed is top grade 20-32% thc content but nj also has recreational weed and the thc content is only 10-12%.. each dispensary only sells one type of weed either medical or recreational none sell both

Supposed to be all top notch at either dispensary by the end of the yesr

In nj it’s douche how they have things set up,medial weed is top grade 20-32% thc content but nj also has recreational weed and the thc content is only 10-12%.. each dispensary only sells one type of weed either medical or recreational none sell both

Supposed to be all top notch at either dispensary by the end of the yesr
THC% is kind of a dupe imo, a lot of other cannabinoids and terpens that shape the high profile, THC% were kind of a sales tactic for seed sellers first then it made its way to the weed market, I pay no attention to THC%, I mostly look for a deep scent

I looked at google images ( Marijuana growrooms) and they show both types MH,HPS & LEDs but the overwhelming majority are the MH,HPS,,the MH have a white glow and the HPS is amber
I’m sure a lot are running LED these days to increase profit by less energy consumption, but I say grow with what your comfortable with, more people need to start growing their own of whatever they like lights don’t really matter in that sense

i think it's pretty far out tho that @negrogesic rocked it with cheapos from amazon .....

poppies look cool man

2d210d579e3dae0d3356bdb09a011479.jpg

I’m sure a lot are running LED these days to increase profit by less energy consumption, but I say grow with what your comfortable with, more people need to start growing their own of whatever they like lights don’t really matter in that sense
True ,I’d say the average Joe is more comfortable with leds because they’re small,cheap to run , minimal heat issues and less intimating than large HID bulbs,no ballast humming that I know of with leds..

The only way to find out is to start a clone of each with different lights than weigh it when you harvest and compare ,I’ll supply you clones if your upto it,,,😬