• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy Tea

Seeing as this is my first time making tea, I don't really have anything else to judge it against in terms of potency of the seeds. I'm getting a good shade of yellow water, a little bitter (a little less than coffee, i guess is the best way to put it). If theres a better brand of seeds out there, id be interested to know.

This may not hold true for everyone but; My father and grandmother are both highly allergic to codeine. They even get those big red "DO NOT GIVE CODEINE" wrist bands when they go to the ER.

Anyway my grandmother regularly gets a bad cough, and is almost always prescribed hydrocodone syrup (tussinex) for it. She has no issues taking this.

My father regularly gets bad pains in his face, kidney stones, as well as constantly doing stupid things like trying to lift too much weight by himself and pulling a joint out of socket (happened twice in the last year 8(). I've seen him get morphine shots and take hydrocodone and oxycodone without issues.

So I don't think a codeine allergy translates to not begin able to take any opiates, however, this most likely varies by person. I have another family member who also carries the codeine allergy and can not handle morphine but she's fine with oxycodone.

I thankfully have not discovered an allergy to any of them yet, and I always enjoyed the codeine syrup that found its way to me because a family member couldn't take it. These days it does fuck all for me now (well would probably work at my current tolerance, but I prefer oxy for "fun nights" once every couple of months).

Seeing as this is my first time making tea, I don't really have anything else to judge it against in terms of potency of the seeds. I'm getting a good shade of yellow water, a little bitter (a little less than coffee, i guess is the best way to put it). If theres a better brand of seeds out there, id be interested to know.

Only really good one I've found is a greek brand named Alma, but apparently it can't be ordered online and I don't know if it's available across the country. I've heard good things about Spice Hunter, but they're expensive as fuck so probably not worth it unless ridiculously potent.

in regard to the question of soaking the seeds or not;
i've been making pst for over 10 years. i have tried every method conceivable, and i find that the quicker you do the wash, the better.

i do the first wash with grapefruit or lemon juice, then two subsequent washes with cold water. i use a big metal sieve and two large bowls.
the whole process takes about 5 minutes.

the longer you leave it, the more the seeds hydrate.
this a) soaks up your narcotic solution
and b) lets foul tasting oils come out of the seeds (try soaking them then looking at the oily liquid that comes out if you don't believe me).

also, i have grown great poppies from store-bought seeds. apparently they germinate better after being used for pst because the wall of the seed is broken down with the exposure to liquid. i don't know where your seeds are from, but the ones i grew were 'tassies' - a tasmanian alkaloid-rich strain used in australian pharmaceutical manufacture.
i don't know much about growing poppies indoors, but i believe there is a section of the poppies.org forums dedicated to this. if you choose the right season, poppies will grow in most climates, i believe. you have nothing to lose by throwing a few in your garden or bare patches of soil around your neighbourhood.
have fun, but be safe! i developed a habit using poppy tea, and it's not ideal - especially when it is difficult to find viable seeds, so even though it is legally obtainable and fairly mild, seed tea must be respected. ODing is a horrible experience too, so seriously - be careful!

I agree that soaking lets out nasty oils and that the seeds absorb water. I'm not so sure that they absorb much of the morphine, but it sounds likely.

spacejunk, do you notice that lemon juice makes a big difference? I never noticed much of a difference so I don't bother, but obviously seed potency varies from batch to batch so it's almost impossible to tell.

in regard to the question of soaking the seeds or not;
i've been making pst for over 10 years. i have tried every method conceivable, and i find that the quicker you do the wash, the better.

i do the first wash with grapefruit or lemon juice, then two subsequent washes with cold water. i use a big metal sieve and two large bowls.
the whole process takes about 5 minutes.

the longer you leave it, the more the seeds hydrate.
this a) soaks up your narcotic solution
and b) lets foul tasting oils come out of the seeds (try soaking them then looking at the oily liquid that comes out if you don't believe me).

also, i have grown great poppies from store-bought seeds. apparently they germinate better after being used for pst because the wall of the seed is broken down with the exposure to liquid. i don't know where your seeds are from, but the ones i grew were 'tassies' - a tasmanian alkaloid-rich strain used in australian pharmaceutical manufacture.
i don't know much about growing poppies indoors, but i believe there is a section of the poppies.org forums dedicated to this. if you choose the right season, poppies will grow in most climates, i believe. you have nothing to lose by throwing a few in your garden or bare patches of soil around your neighbourhood.
have fun, but be safe! i developed a habit using poppy tea, and it's not ideal - especially when it is difficult to find viable seeds, so even though it is legally obtainable and fairly mild, seed tea must be respected. ODing is a horrible experience too, so seriously - be careful!

Thanks man, good info. I did a wash today using only 100% white grape fruit juice, worked alot better than my previous lemon juice and water washes. Tastes a hell of alot better too haha.

yeah, i don't know if using acidic juice, or grapefruit juice in particular improves the yield, but improving the taste makes it worthwhile IMO :)

Hey Lovers. Havnt read this yet but 'bout to.

Is it possible to reach a tolerance where you cannot "get high" on poppy tea anymore?

The past few years I'd oft do 20/60 poppies of varying potency. But this year unfortunately i'm on methadone... shucks. So i experiemented a bit last month did between 15 & 60 poppies. See, there was a time when i'd make tea & be feeling it starting to spread first in my legs & stomach & to areas where i have chronic pain (wont get into that now)

So last time(s) i made the tea i'd feel i a little bit of a mood lift at an hour plus but get no long lasting effects like spending the night in bed blissed out.

What'll it take? I now have a collection of poppies; about 100 + I'm thinking of doing a tea out of 200 (NOT recommeded) I'll let y'aal know how it goes ; )

p.s i'm aware that being on 65 of methadone can make it nigh impossible to get a buzz on others opiates, but it's happned! With both poppies & DHC so i know i can make it!

i don't really think there is a specific answer to that. to break through the methadone - assuming that is possible - you would need a lot, but it would be incredibly misguided to try and speculate on what that would be.
i've overdosed on poppy pod and opium tea, and it is an extremely unpleasant experience.

it's probably not what you want to hear at all, but i don't think it's worth it. you might've reached a point at which that euphoric glow can't easily be reached with pods, so perhaps it is an incentive to taper down your dose a bit.

Hey Lovers. Havnt read this yet but 'bout to.

Is it possible to reach a tolerance where you cannot "get high" on poppy tea anymore?

The past few years I'd oft do 20/60 poppies of varying potency. But this year unfortunately i'm on methadone... shucks. So i experiemented a bit last month did between 15 & 60 poppies. See, there was a time when i'd make tea & be feeling it starting to spread first in my legs & stomach & to areas where i have chronic pain (wont get into that now)

So last time(s) i made the tea i'd feel i a little bit of a mood lift at an hour plus but get no long lasting effects like spending the night in bed blissed out.

What'll it take? I now have a collection of poppies; about 100 + I'm thinking of doing a tea out of 200 (NOT recommeded) I'll let y'aal know how it goes ;)
p.s i'm aware that being on 65 of methadone can make it nigh impossible to get a buzz on others opiates, but it's happned! With both poppies & DHC so i know i can make it!

Don't attempt to break through methadone, it has a much higher binding affinity hence all that happens is a shit-ton of opiates flow round un-metabolised until the methadone dissociates and all 200 poppies worth hits at once.

Yeah man i have a shit load of incentive to reduce my dose. I've been seeing this "key worker" for a month or two & have had two face to face appointments both at which i requested i have a 5 if not 10 mg decrease. Didnt happen. This key worker is a useless jaded dried up old cow. Twice now i've asked for a decrease & the last two prescriptions have been the same 65mg.

I've even started to spit half my dose into little glass bottles after holding in in my mouth & walking out the pharamcy. So for about a week now i've been on 40 mg a day.

I decided i'm gonna just save up loads of poppies this summer & have a big haul of dried ones for the winter when i'll hopefully have gone down on the methadone, switched to subutex, then "cleaned up". Thing is ill never (not never) be totally clean as i have DHC on script for my pain n occasionally i can feel a little buzz from them.

Hey

So, i've ordered a 10 pound bag of poppy seeds last week off some website, they came in today, just brewed a batch of it, and it's turned out excellent! I feel so good right now :) Anyways, I wanted to share this with a friend of mine, but she is allergic to codeine (Which there is alot of in the poppy tea, I hear) Would I be able to extract the codeine out of it in any way?

Also, are the seeds that were sent plantable in any way? Do poppies grow well indoors?

Thanks in advance

Why not make the tea from dried heads ? It's far more potent than seeds (4 heads = 80+ml Methadone) and tastes a great deal better !

Poppy pods are a good deal more expensive, I only bought the seeds because I had been given an amazon gift card, so I figure why not. I'd love to try it with pods, but for the same price, I could buy other opiates that I enjoy more. I'll probably end up buying dried pods sometime in the future, but as of now my pst is working well for me. I'm almost out of seeds at this point, not sure if I'll buy more seeds as I can see this becoming a habit that I don't want or need.

Has anyone managed to continue a long term daily PST or PPT habit, while tapering off for a break, say 2-3 times a year?
How low do you taper before jumping off? Do you use Loperamide and if so, at what stage of the taper do you start taking this?
thanks