• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy seed tea - Ice pick headaches? Are they a sign of something serious?

Sleepdust

Bluelighter
I've done PST at least a hundred times, but lately whenever I dose, I get pretty severe ice pick headaches on top of my head. I want to believe that these are rebound headaches, but I've never gotten headaches before in my life, and these last all day and are very specific to the top of my head. Could this be a neurological problem that requires medical attention? If I go to the doctor and explain why I'm there, I know I'll never see another pain pill for years, but if it's serious, then it's worth getting fixed up. Anyone have any experience with headaches from PST? Could it be the papaverine/thebaine content?

I really appreciate the replies.

They're probably from the thebaine I used to get them to and that's the conclusion I came to...now that I've done it 10000 times they never show their ugly face anymore and it wasn't an Every time thing either

And I posted my post before I ever read your post if that makes you feel better about what I said...one sure way I have found to figure out how much thebaine is in your pst is if it is more of a stimulant for the first 6 hours or so then not so much so after that....

Cheers fatstep. I definitely get rebound effects after the seven hour mark, including stomach upset, dizziness and just feeling generally shitty, but the headaches are recent. They just don't go away which is really weird. I appreciate your response though, friend. Did you get ice pick headaches? It's like a drilling sensation on the top of my dome that ruins the experience. Thanks again.

Sure did but for me it was more central to behind my eyes like all my headaches have ever been,my entire life

I got those kind hellish pain in my head with buprenorphine and i think bupe was thebaine based opioid? maybe theres some kind of link? dont know and dont think it serious, many of my friends has got same issue.. I couldnt move my head when I was in pain. When my tolerance build up Pain was gone too, but remember it was hell. and Im currently on methadone treatmen at the beginning i got very very icepick like pain atop of my head. Just in the centre of my head. I was very paranoid too at that time but it got away also when my tolerance build up

I was getting these for a while do to an underlying medical condition, the opiates made the headaches much worse do to rebound. But who knows codeine can cause terrible headaches on its own, which I'm sure PST is full of.

Have you had a prescription change in glasses or contacts recently? Any stress, new medications, problems, etc?

When in doubt just take less of the PST I've had nothing but good doing this.

Mate, can you tell me about your condition? My doctor told me I really need to see a neurologist, but I just can't afford it right now. If I have a neurological disorder, I wonder if I could be more prone to problems from PST.

it's the thebaine. it's gives u headaches and stimulates ur brain. makes u nervous too. does anyone know how to remove it? extract just the morphine that takes away headaches pains leaving happiness relaxation and warmth

I just baked my pst in preheat oven 450 degree, then leave for 10 min, 250 degree. does this sublime all the thebaine and leaves morphine ? this is suppose to be a morphine extraction method.

I purchased calcium hydroxide and ammonium today. will update if it works (morphine extraction)

I really don't get headaches from poppy. if anything it takes it away. today is my 1st menstral since being on it. took that pain away too