• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy pod tincture

atv

Bluelighter
Hi,
I was thinking of making a poppy pod tincture using Jack Daniels.
For the ease of use and to have my own home made laudanum. I'm aware one has to be careful dosing.

I have 150 grams of finely powdered Turkish pods.

I've been reading a bit about it and thought it would be best with a 35 or 50cl bottle. I wouldn't want a large bottle really as could be a recipe for disaster, too much alcohol for what is only about 4 teas worth of gear.
From what I know I would:

1. Empty half of the bottle into another vessel and then pour all the powder into it and let sit for a few days.
2. Strain the liquid and keep
3. Use the mush again for a second extraction to get the most out the material with the other half of the bottle and let sit for a few days
4. Strain the liquid and then combine with the first half of the tincture to obtain a full bottle of diy laudanum.
5. Make sure I know the opium content per ml

Is this correct? My tolerance of these pods is around 40g in a water/acid based tea, I don't eat the grounds.

Questions:
1. As the alcohol extracts a lot more alkaloids than water would that mean I would not need the equivalent of 40g for a dose and it would work out more cost effective?

2. Would that be too much powder for a 35 - 50CL bottle?

3, Do you find this to be superior to the tea? Less liquid, quicker hit/rush

4. I was thinking I could slightly water down the JD before or after the procedure as there is bound to be some fluid loss when straining and also because there may not be enough liquid to cover the powder but if I were to water it down before maybe absorption of alkaloids would not be so good. Opinion?

Any advice please? I find this a really interesting way of administration (though I am aware it can be deadly if not used properly, as well as addictive due to ease of use) . Plus who's gonna know its not just a bottle of JD! By sight of course!

I would just like to get more out of my material, always feel like I'm wasting my pods when I make tea and chuck the grounds away but alcohol should squeeze every last drop of alkaloids out of the powder, making it more cost effective, although I'd have to lay out for a bottle of JD but I like JD!

Really want to hear peoples experiences!

Cheers guys.

I made Laudanum a few years back- Iranian opium put bit by bit into brandy until no more will dissolve in the brandy-takes a while to get the result, but I remember, it was worthwhile

Sounds like way too much ethanol...way overkill for reconstituted pod residuals
which is why the original formula is the mellowist' (minimum alcohol, fermented grapes + pure opium) not crude poppy tea...
40% liquor and pod tea may appeal to you, but doesnt even resemble laudanum Not trying be a buzzkill, let us know how it turned out !

Sounds like way too much ethanol...way overkill for reconstituted pod residuals
which is why the original formula is the mellowist' (minimum alcohol, fermented grapes + pure opium) not crude poppy tea...
40% liquor and pod tea may appeal to you, but doesnt even resemble laudanum Not trying be a buzzkill, let us know how it turned out !

I love to buy about a pound of dried pods and pulverize them into a bottle of polish vodka to simmer for a month while using a wooden rod pound the shit out them daily along with vitamin c or lemon juice. The color turns opaque dark amber which proves potent .You can max out pod alkaloids by beating them up a bit .Its fun to rebottle in victorian glass bottles .I start out with a shotglass full every 6 hours until the warm fuzzy effect kicks in . The tincture lasts for months and is much more cost effective .Bottoms up podmen !!

I have no experience making opium tea or tinctures but I can tell you that the brew you're about to make is gonna taste absolutely foul. I've used dark liquor for kratom tea and the result was not pleasant to drink.

If you have an iron stomach have at it but i'd recommend trying to get everclear and dilute that with water to use as your ethanol source.

I would let it sit in the alcohol for longer than a few days. Perhaps a month.

It is going to be stronger than poppy tea simply because of the addition of alcohol. And more dangerous.

i have just always been fascinated. i don't know why, though.
i find this interesting.

o just bee utifull !

"I watch videos about growing ganja so they start suggesting videos about growing and now processing poppies. Thinkin' about it . . ."
Gardening is addictive !!