• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Poppy pod tea with Cactus tar. Any interactions?

headfuck123

Bluelighter
I can't seem to find any information on the combo of mescaline containing cacti with poppy pod tea. The only thing that worries me is the potentially dangerous interactions of certain unknown active alkaloids in one or both of the plants. If there are no negative interactions I could see this combination being extremely euphoric and rewarding.

I fully understand the risks involved with poppy pod tea and would consider myself an experienced tripper.

Has anyone experienced this combination and if so, how did it go?

The only bad interaction would be that the psychedelic headspace tends to make one feel "guilty" about substances such as opiates and cocaine. In that headspace it makes my trip tainted and different if that makes any sense.

Yes I get what you mean. Thats not necessarily a bad thing in my books, its just another teaching which usually helps me to make wiser choices following the experience. I guess it depends what kind of trip you want. I dont always go searching for euphoric and fun trips. I like to use them as tools which make it easier for me to understand what I need to be doing with my life and how to get about doing it. Thats why I love the stuff like 2c-e and mescaline. They seem to be really deep and intellectual but clear headed in a way if that makes sense.

I honestly prefer an opiate at the end of a psychedelic for sure as it helps with the muscle pain. I can't say I have experience combining opiates with phenethylamines besides some low dose 2c-b IV when I was using IV heroin. I find it relaxes the body so as long as one does not trip on their usage it shouldn't be an issue IMO

Has anyone experienced this combination and if so, how did it go?

Hello. I had home grown poppy latex (ie. raw opium) and cacti tea (echinopsis peruvianus from my garden) a few times and had very good experiences. In my own experience, there is no negative interaction between mescaline containing cacti and opiates. I've only had good experiences with cacti trips, so please consider the individual nature of these things.

Overall I've combined numerous phenethylamines (2c-d, 2c-i, 2c-c mostly) and numerous opiods (opium, heroin, morphine, codeine, oxycodone, AH7921, o-desmethyltramadol, a couple of fentanyl analogues) and all of those experiences were good too.

I don't think there's any inherent danger in mixing those two classes of substance. Just my experience, however.

opiates and trips are shallow and blissfull and it can make a bad trip immediately good by taking away all the distress and panic much better than a valium

opiates removed mental distress- its why they are addictive.

they also dont at low levels make you stupid

I think that's a shallow statement there... Everybody is different... I'm not saying that means someone should try everything, but should understand what's best for them and what is not.

Hello. I had home grown poppy latex (ie. raw opium) and cacti tea (echinopsis peruvianus from my garden) a few times and had very good experiences. In my own experience, there is no negative interaction between mescaline containing cacti and opiates. I've only had good experiences with cacti trips, so please consider the individual nature of these things.

Overall I've combined numerous phenethylamines (2c-d, 2c-i, 2c-c mostly) and numerous opiods (opium, heroin, morphine, codeine, oxycodone, AH7921, o-desmethyltramadol, a couple of fentanyl analogues) and all of those experiences were good too.

I don't think there's any inherent danger in mixing those two classes of substance. Just my experience, however.

Thats what I hoped for and kind of expected. Not saying its safe or a good idea still but I think ill try some 2c-c soon and have already consumed some poppy pod tea this morning and still feel the effects. Will report back.

My logic is that 2c-c is a safer option because its one isolated Phenethylamine in combination with poppy pod tea rather than a mixed bag with the cactus tar I was origonally going to try.

Thanks for the input!

EDIT: I dont think i dosed high enough with the 2c-c at 25mg. It resulted in a very chilled +2 monged out trip where I was happy to slump on the sofa and watch nature documentaries. I think either a higher dose of a psychedelic or saving the poppy tea for the end of the trip might have been a better option.

Ill try a full dose of cactus tar with some poppy tea towards the end next time :)

Last edited: