• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy Growing Questions

Most common colour is white with purple cross.id say 3-4months.in your case probably another 2months.if u want to wait for pods and scrape them etc it's a shot in the dark.hard to tell exactly but little known fact if u pluck them just before they start to show signs there going to start to flower then this is the point where they have all the morphine in them there going to have and can just be juiced in a juicer to obtain a potent liquid which when dried into a paste is more potent than regular opium gum or they can be boiled like mushies for a potent tea.once they start to pod your past the point of no return and you have to go all the way and score/scrape them as I suspect all the morphine goes from the leaves/stems to to the pods.
Another tip: you got to space them out to get full sized pods.i didn't and had hundreds per square metre and the biggest pod I got is the size of a medium grape.all those thin stems equal small pods.space them out for pods or juice them if growing in tight clusters.

What are the signs that they are about to flower if you don’t mind me asking? Great additional info btw!

I do recall reading some information that sounds similar to what you describe with the morphine content being there before the flowers even form.

-GC

What are the signs that they are about to flower if you don’t mind me asking? Great additional info btw!

I do recall reading some information that sounds similar to what you describe with the morphine content being there before the flowers even form.

-GC
You'll see at the top they start growing a stem instead of more leaves.youll be able to tell

Hi! How would you obtain the plants in the first place? I'm an avid flower nut, yard is full of them, but you sure don't get them from the local nursery or even online nurseries, lol. Growing them here in WI would probably be a no go anyway, but curious, thanks.😊

Hi! How would you obtain the plants in the first place? I'm an avid flower nut, yard is full of them, but you sure don't get them from the local nursery or even online nurseries, lol. Growing them here in WI would probably be a no go anyway, but curious, thanks.😊
idk if this site is considered "dark web" or not, but it appears to be run by a kindly looking old lady lol.

All parts of the Papaver Somniferum plant, except for the seeds, are schedule II on a federal level, which of course covers all states.

I realize the legitimacy of wiki info is sometimes questionable, but i found this in regards to law: "The law of poppy cultivation in the United States is somewhat ambiguous.[59] The reason for the ambiguity is because the Opium Poppy Control Act of 1942 (now repealed)"

I realize the legitimacy of wiki info is sometimes questionable, but i found this in regards to law: "The law of poppy cultivation in the United States is somewhat ambiguous.[59] The reason for the ambiguity is because the Opium Poppy Control Act of 1942 (now repealed)"

Citation?

I see and agree where you're coming from dude. I was more curious than anything FUBAR
This would fall under extraction Keif.

The rules state:

3) NO DISCUSSIONS OF SYNTHESIS
Legal or illegal or any steps involved. There are other message boards who are willing to risk the liabilities of such synthesis discussion, but we aren't one of them. However instructional guides based on purification and extraction processes are permitted though will be monitored closely.

Most common colour is white with purple cross.id say 3-4months.in your case probably another 2months.if u want to wait for pods and scrape them etc it's a shot in the dark.hard to tell exactly but little known fact if u pluck them just before they start to show signs there going to start to flower then this is the point where they have all the morphine in them there going to have and can just be juiced in a juicer to obtain a potent liquid which when dried into a paste is more potent than regular opium gum or they can be boiled like mushies for a potent tea.once they start to pod your past the point of no return and you have to go all the way and score/scrape them as I suspect all the morphine goes from the leaves/stems to to the pods.
Another tip: you got to space them out to get full sized pods.i didn't and had hundreds per square metre and the biggest pod I got is the size of a medium grape.all those thin stems equal small pods.space them out for pods or juice them if growing in tight clusters.
The alkaloid content varies depending on climate and genetics, and while all parts of the plant (minus seeds) contains opium its most concentrated in the pods. You're wasting your crop by cutting the before they've even flowered, the facts you speak of are myths and old wives tales. Past research (not my own) suggests alkaloid content is highest a week after the peak of flowering, ie: once the petals have dropped and pod begins to swell.

The alkaloid content varies depending on climate and genetics, and while all parts of the plant (minus seeds) contains opium its most concentrated in the pods. You're wasting your crop by cutting the before they've even flowered, the facts you speak of are myths and old wives tales. Past research (not my own) suggests alkaloid content is highest a week after the peak of flowering, ie: once the petals have dropped and pod begins to swell.
Highest alkaloid content in the pods only in my experience.if u don't know from experience don't bother chiming in

Highest alkaloid content in the pods only in my experience.if u don't know from experience don't bother chiming in
I've never bothered using leaf and stem from a preflowering plant before, so no I don't know from experience. I know from the countless research articles I've read examining the alkaloid content at different stages of growth. If all you have is anecdotal experience don't bother chiming in. The variation in alkaloid content isn't even that great (still higher during late flower), but the total mass of latex is certainly much higher in seed pods than in leaf/stem material. Regardless of the potency you're missing out on, the amount of latex is also far lower. You're wasting your harvest because you're too stubborn to admit defeat. Do what you want obviously, I really don't care, but don't preach opinion as fact when you clearly don't have any factual knowledge on the topic.

Nowhere at anytime,place or point in history has there been an old wives tales about opium alkaloid content in mature Vs immature poppy's.

Surely there's a good reason why the traditional method of opium collection has always been scoring the mature pods? I realise that modern mass production methods involve extraction from poppy straw, but on a small scale that's probably not practical...

Yea to be honest too I’m mainly doing this for raw latex, I’m not looking to get high so much as looking to taste that sweet floral/baked goods taste just one more time.

Pretty much my whole life most of the opium I’ve come across has been that fake incense tar ball crap. Except one summer when I was 17 a large amount of legit opium flooded the whole portion of the Midwest I lived at the time. Unlike the incense tar ball, this shit was so goddamn sticky itd stick to everything and the taste...

That summer was definitely a blur with the high quality opium, cocaine, ecstasy, copious amounts of boozes, bud, etc..

My memories of consist of warm summer days basking in the sun. It took a bit to get a high but was well worth it.

This summer lingered as a memory until maybe 7-8yrs later I was at a festival hanging with some cute girl I’d met when she tells me she’s got some opium we should smoke.

I kinda laugh thinking “alright sweetheart let’s this incense ball” but soon as she pulled it out and opened it I knew.

We burned that down and for the next few hours I stood bobbing around in perfect harmony, not really dancing just swaying. The MDMA/MDA combo paired perfectly with the opium.

-GC

Surely there's a good reason why the traditional method of opium collection has always been scoring the mature pods? I realise that modern mass production methods involve extraction from poppy straw, but on a small scale that's probably not practical...
On a small enough scale with hardly any tiny pods scoring the pods just isn't feasible.just cutting them down and making a tea is the easiest way.to make scoring the pods worth it they have to be at least golf ball size and u need a lot of them and when u only have a few square metres of shitty plants the straw method is simpler.

On a small enough scale with hardly any tiny pods scoring the pods just isn't feasible.just cutting them down and making a tea is the easiest way.to make scoring the pods worth it they have to be at least golf ball size and u need a lot of them and when u only have a few square metres of shitty plants the straw method is simpler.

Absolutely, and that's why I gave up on scoring the pods soon after I first tried it (too labour intensive and too suspicious) and opted for pod tea instead. I often wondered about the straw method but I was always under the impression that the opium content in the rest of the plant was negligible and only worth it on an industrial scale. Boiling down multiple 6 foot tall poppy plants on the kitchen stove just doesn't seem feasible...

Absolutely, and that's why I gave up on scoring the pods soon after I first tried it (too labour intensive and too suspicious) and opted for pod tea instead. I often wondered about the straw method but I was always under the impression that the opium content in the rest of the plant was negligible and only worth it on an industrial scale. Boiling down multiple 6 foot tall poppy plants on the kitchen stove just doesn't seem feasible...
Like I've said if u get them before they flower there at there max alkaloid content then the leaves and stems are potent as fuck.30g of this fresh material had me smashed~2+points of morphine+definitely a bit of codeine I reckon. After they flowered (pods were kept separate) I've had 50+ grams of the dried leaves and stems and it did shit all.not potent at all.it seems all the alkaloids migrate to the pods once flowering begins.if growing them all spaced out(they need space) let them go to pods if u have enough of them.go with whatever works for you.

Like I've said if u get them before they flower there at there max alkaloid content then the leaves and stems are potent as fuck.30g of this fresh material had me smashed~2+points of morphine+definitely a bit of codeine I reckon. After they flowered (pods were kept separate) I've had 50+ grams of the dried leaves and stems and it did shit all.not potent at all.it seems all the alkaloids migrate to the pods once flowering begins.if growing them all spaced out(they need space) let them go to pods if u have enough of them.go with whatever works for you.
Why are you only using the leaves and stems even once they've flowered?!

I'm sorry but this thread is absolutely hilarious.

Only addicts can appreciate the true beauty of the plant. Anyone else would spend two seconds looking at it after saying "what the f is that" before walking away.