Votes: 2 2.2%
  • i don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i don't care

• i don't vote (non-australian citizen)

• Total voters
^^^ "aren't that liberal"??? jesus h fucking christ, they're about as far from the real meaning of liberal as you can fucking get. howard is the fucking devil.

anyway, yes, my vote will actually will go to the greens too. i like latham, and labor, but i've gotta go greens with my heart.

VOTE GREEN
Just one for you liberal voters:
http://www.johnhowardlies.com/

How can all you liberal voters trust liars? Seriously?!?!?
How can you be sure that they wont turn around and screw you in the back?!

WOW! Check out that huge "catalogue of lies" on the right hand side of the page. Seems that johnny has been lying through his teeth...

Last edited:
nickthecheese said:

Better the devil you know, for some part. I guess I find that Howard is pretty predictable, and I don't feel like I know a lot about Latham. As I said in another post, I find him completely untrustworthy. And I'm feeling pretty paranoid - I don't want to vote someone into parliament without knowing what they could be capable of at a time of such a lot of unrest. I guess.

nickthecheese said:
VOTE GREEN
Just one for you liberal voters:
http://www.johnhowardlies.com/

WOW! Check out that huge "catalogue of lies" on the right hand side of the page. Seems that johnny has been lying through his teeth...

I dont care if he lies, he does a good job with the economy and that's what it's all about, the greed, the spendooli, the cashola, the $$$, the bling bling, oh yeah, CASH!!!!

anna! said:
And I'm feeling pretty paranoid - I don't want to vote someone into parliament without knowing what they could be capable of at a time of such a lot of unrest. I guess. [/B]

Take the Guided search of parliamentary hansards

Lathams got 10 years of speeches in parliament archived. Plus written several books of which most good quality bookstores will carry one or two.

He's a old fashioned Labor right politician. He agrees with keating, Beazley and Hawke on most things, especially the American Alliance, a surplus economy, supporting free trade. Hell he's even got a bloody economics degree. And when he goes to make a decision he will have Kim Beazley, Bob McMullan, John Faulkner, and many more from the past labor government there to advise him. He's good mates and chats regularly with Whitlam, Hawke and Keating.

A pretty safe bet.

Last edited:
^ Amen dr shrink.

quoted by my right-wing arch nemesis mr butros
I dont care if he lies, he does a good job with the economy and that's what it's all about, the greed, the spendooli, the cashola, the $$$, the bling bling, oh yeah, CASH!!!!

yeah I forget that alot of people just care about where their next cash fix is coming from instead of making progressive change to better australia for all australians... ;)

I don't see why all bluelighters don't vote for the greens. They have sensible drug laws and are pro harm reduction.

If you vote for another party you have no right to complain when you are thrown in jail for possession, harrassed by sniffer dogs or have your door busted down by the federal police that are browsing bluelight right now.

^^^ because (to play the devil's advocate), there are more important issues at hand than *just* the drug laws.

that said, the greens do seem to have the right idea when it comes to most of the big issues too, so you're right :)

they showed a video of mark latham carrying in a newspaper from his front yard at 7 in the morning

vote latham - he cares about the issues, even when he should be asleep

i would (and have done so in the past) vote for the greens were it not for Bob Brown.. i seriously think this man has no idea what he's on about about 80% of the time. He makes stuff up on the spot and in many cases i feel he does not even have a basic grasp on the issues he's decided to make noise about..

I also feel his behaviour when that chimp dubya was in the oz parliament was disgraceful. Myself and others have issues with this simian creature but he is the leader of another country and as corrupt and fucked up as he is Brown's behaviour was not fitting behaviour for a member of parliament and was out of place for mine.

^^^
i disagree. i think brown is on it. in the eyes of many he may have embarrassed himself with bush, but he did what so many wanted to do and in the process kept his integrity. whilst i am not against diplomacy, i am however sick and tired of seeing certain world leaders treated to such unwarranted respect.

i don't really consider myself a partisan voter, but with the liberal party having such a misleading title :), it is a labor person that i have been most of my voting life. i have however voted green in recent years whenever possible.

at the moment i am undecided as whether to vote labor or greens. i am torn between keeping the liberals out (labor) or voting for a party that is more inline with my views (greens).

i am not with the belief that a vote for a minor party is a vote wasted. with the greens getting more and more support in recent years, the two major parties will soon have to start shaping their policies to better reflect the views of these defecting voters in an effort to entice them back or risk losing further votes.

with the exception of the religious right, i can't think of a reason why anybody under 35 would vote liberal other than for what has already been stated here by ButrosButros_Grantos. i realise that not everybody is lucky enough to be financially secure, myself included, but sometimes, even in this day and age, there are some things more important than money.

Last edited:
One thing im going to add tho those voting Greens, that is rather important, is to make sure they have the preference you want, ie labor or liberal.

Cant be good if you vote greens in an electorate the greens have preference to the liberal seat/canditate or whatever the hell it is.

My 2 cents.

That said. Ill be a greens voter... where i live we pretty much get Greens in every time (Marrickville). :p

Void said:
Yeah I'd vote liberal as well, only problem is that they arent actually liberal. Its more like the top two parties are both different shades of hard right politics. Vote GREENS!! No matter what howard says will happen in the future he is a liar, a G W Bush clone. At least the greens recognise global warming, and it'll be fun having someone in politics who is not a narcissist.

I agree with you 10000000%. There isnt a huge amount differnet, there used to be, but not these days. Its pretty sad and fucked up.

And anna i also agree with you, i DO support labor, however, i see that thing in mark latham you do. I just dont know about him. ;/

Taliana said:
One thing im going to add tho those voting Greens, that is rather important, is to make sure they have the preference you want, ie labor or liberal.

Cant be good if you vote greens in an electorate the greens have preference to the liberal seat/canditate or whatever the hell it is.

Good point Taliana ;)

For myself.I'm sure the seat I'm in the Greens do NOT have there preference to the Liberals.The seat of 'Bennelong' that is.But,of course I'll 100% make sure it's the case.

Also,ozbreaker regarding you finding Bob Brown's behaviour disgraceful towards George W. Bush I strongly disagree.My reasons being:-

*It was disgraceful that the federal government locked out and banned the general public from being in the 'public gallery' of parliment then.They or any other government do NOT own the parliment.They represent us and have no right to do this.Just another way of this government trying to stop different points of views being heard.Different views being heard is a cornerstone of a democracy.

*Didn't us the taxpayer pay for George W. Bush's visit???? The government have the hide to then ban the general public from being in parliment that day.

*I'm glad Bob Brown did what he did.He represented my disenting voice on the day,when the government clearly tried to stop such representation.

nickthecheese said:
yeah I forget that alot of people just care about where their next cash fix is coming from instead of making progressive change to better australia for all australians... ;)

Just saw this post.

Well said nickthecheese :D.

You said exactly what I was thinking and I could NOT have said it better myself ;)

Just another link for all those non-christian liberal voters out there, how do you feel about the link between The Lyons Forum and little johnny and his band of cohorts?

Know nothing about The Lyons Forum? I'm not surprised, read on...
The Lyons Forums is a secretive Christian faction of the Federal Coalition which attempts to influence policy in areas such as censorship and other so-called "family" issues. It is widely regarded as the equivalent of the American religious right. The forum has about 50 members, including about 15 members of the front bench, and meets once a fortnight. Membership is restricted to coalition MPs.

Scary stuff. Linking religious morals with government (as we can see with little johnny's recent proposals to ban gay marrage), perhaps the religious right have infiltrated our beloved "democratic" government more than most people are aware...

And there is this one (The one relating to ex- federal Liberal Party President John Valder ;) It's by Margo Kingston a author who is helping with NOT HAPPY JOHN. ):-

http://www.nothappyjohn.com

;)

Last edited: