• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Police warn public over bad 'acid' tabs (possibly 25INBOME)

poledriver

Bluelighter
Monday, 11 March 2013 02:35:02 PM

Police are warning the public about a bad batch of the drug ‘acid’ (LSD) which appears to be circulating on the north coast.

On Saturday (9 March 2013), a 15-year-old girl was hospitalised at a birthday party in Boambee East after taking an illicit drug she believed to be ‘acid’, and having a bad reaction.

The girl was taken to Coffs Harbour Health Campus in a critical condition and put on life support. Police were not notified about the incident.

About 11pm the same night, police were called to another party in Toormina in relation to a violent 15-year-old boy who was suffering hallucinations after also consuming an ‘acid’ tab.

Police from Coffs/Clarence Local Area Command became aware that it is likely more of the drug is circulating in the Toormina and Boambee area. An investigation was commenced.

Today (Monday 11 March 2013), an 18-year-old male was interviewed by detectives at a residence in Toormina.

As a result he was subsequently charged via Future Service Can for the offence of supply prohibited drug.

He is expected to appear at Coffs Harbour Local Court on 29 April 2013.

Meanwhile, Detective Inspector Cameron Lindsay, Crime Manager at Coffs/Clarence Local Area Command, has urged caution to anyone thinking of consuming illicit drugs in the region.

“Taking any drug carries with it an unacceptable risk, but we would ask extra precaution to be taken in the area following these incidents.”

“There is clearly more of this drug circulating in the community and anyone who consumes it carries with them the risk of permanent brain damage or death.”

“These particular tabs are identifiable due to an imprint on the paper of recording artist Psy doing the ‘gangnam style’ dance,” Detective Inspector Lindsay said.

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/m...nb3YuYXUlMkZtZWRpYSUyRjI5MDYzLmh0bWwmYWxsPTE=

'PSY ACID': Teens rushed to hospital

POLICE have issued a warning about a bad batch of LSD imprinted with an image of pop icon Psy doing a 'Gangnam Style' dance - after five teenagers were hospitalised at the weekend.
A 15 year-old-girl was rushed to hospital after taking the drug at a birthday party in Boambee East, near the NSW North Coast town of Coffs Harbour, on Saturday.

At 11pm the same night, police were called to another party in nearby Toormina because a 15-year-old boy who had taken a tab of acid had become violent.

Police have launched an investigation into the drug as it is believed a batch of the drug is circulating. An 18-year-old man was charged with the offence of supplying a prohibited drug after being interviewed by police today. He is expected to face Coffs Harbour Local Court on April 29.

Four Sydney teenagers were also rushed to hospital after overdosing on LSD at a beach party on Friday night.

Police and ambulance were called to Balmoral Beach, about 9pm, when four 17 year olds became violently ill from what is believed to have been a bad batch of the drug.

The teens were all taken by ambulance to Royal North Shore Hospital for treatment.

It is understood the teens had mixed LSD and marijuana, prior to becoming ill. Harbourside police said they were investigating where these drugs came from and what exactly they contained.

Detective Inspector Cameron Lindsay from Coffs/Clarence Local Area Command urged anyone thinking of taking illicit drugs to be careful.

"Taking any drug carries with it an unacceptable risk, but we would ask extra precaution to be taken in the area following these incidents."

"There is clearly more of this drug circulating in the community and anyone who consumes it carries with them the risk of permanent brain damage or death."

http://www.news.com.au/national-news/gangnam-style-drug-warning/story-fncynjr2-1226594845685

Deadly $1.50 LSD tablets trap teens

SIX teenagers have been hospitalised as police reveal young people are using the internet to buy a deadly form of LSD for $1.50 a tablet.

A 15-year-old girl was at a birthday party on Saturday night in Coffs Harbour where a number of teenagers took LSD tabs printed with an image of Gangnam Style internet sensation Psy.

She collapsed and was taken to hospital, where police said that she was initially in a critical condition.

Last night a Coffs Harbour Hospital spokeswoman said the girl had recovered and was discharged at 3pm yesterday.

Police were called to another party in nearby Toormina on Saturday after a 15-year-old boy began acting violently and suffering hallucinations. He was hospitalised and is suspected of taking a similar drug.

Ambulances were also called to Balmoral Beach on the lower north shore on Friday night after four teenage boys collapsed and were taken to Royal North Shore hospital.

The rash of overdoses comes just three months after Central Coast teenager Nick Mitchell died after a suspected LSD overdose.

Detective Superintendent Nick Bingham said young people were buying drugs online from what he describes as dark sites. "For as little as $1.50 a tablet these kids are buying what they think is the hallucinogenic LSD. In fact many of them are getting 25INBOME, a powerful hallucinogenic but also an amphetamine. The delivery charge is more expensive than the drug and the consequences are frightening," he said.

Supt Bingham said underground sites such as Silkroad were well known to many young people.

"It is a growing problem as young people increasingly use the internet to source drugs. They have no idea where they come from or what is in them."

While not wanting to give the sites publicity, Supt Bingham said parents needed to know what to look out for, such as the arrival of padded envelopes or strange behaviour in their children. He also said talk of "bad batches" of drugs was infuriating.

"It's not the batch that's dangerous, it's the taking of drugs full stop," he said.

"These teenagers are having very serious physical reactions to the drugs - not just hallucinations. Their bodies are shutting down as well."

Supt Bingham said investigations were under way to find the source of the drugs and check their toxicology. Police have have also warned some of the LSD sold to the two teens on the weekend could still be circulating.

"Anyone who consumes it takes the risk of brain damage or death," Coffs Harbour crime manager Detective Inspector Cameron Lindsay said.

Police have arrested an 18-year-old in relation to supplying prohibited drugs. He will appear in court next month.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/deadly-150-lsd-tablets-trap-teens/story-e6frg6n6-1226595054804

Saw this last night and got a bit angry! They are obviously not LSD blotters but the media refers to them as such.

PS - if you like Gangam style, you deserve to get fake acid. Haha

internet to buy a deadly form of LSD for $1.50 a tablet.

[...]

While not wanting to give the sites publicity, Supt Bingham said parents needed to know what to look out for, such as the arrival of padded envelopes or strange behaviour in their children. He also said talk of "bad batches" of drugs was infuriating.

"It's not the batch that's dangerous, it's the taking of drugs full stop," he said.

Once again these people have no idea what they're talking about :|

I find this weird as 25i-NBOMe seems pretty damn safe to me. I dont even think its this chemical rather than LSD thats the issue. Rather children should not be taking psychedelic drugs, or arguably drugs at all - let alone research chemicals.

I'd not expect my 15 yo self to treat anything quiet that potent with respect at all, take more than is recommended - wig out and end up in the ER.

Kids and drugs dont mix...

Dosage

Recently, 25I-NBOMe and other NBOMe compounds have been appearing on blotter paper and represented as LSD at festivals and parties due to the effects being very similar.[citation needed] There are, however, methods of differentiating between LSD and adulterants like 25I-NBOMe in the field with and without test kits.[9]
Erowid tentatively suggests that the threshold dosage for humans is listed at 50-250 µg, with a light dose between 200-600 µg, a common dose at 500-800 µg, and a strong dose at 700-1500 µg.[10]
[edit]Effects

25I-NBOMe effects usually last 6-10 hours if taken sublingually or buccally.[11] When it is insufflated, effects usually last 4–6 hours.[11] Effects can however last significantly longer depending on dosage, durations longer than 12 hours have been reported.
25I-NBOMe can also be vaporized and inhaled, this causes significantly quicker effects and shorter duration as is expected from that route of administration. This route of administration is however not recommended due to the difficulties of measuring and handling substances active in the microgram range.

Is there any other substances it could possibly be? Seems doubtful its lsd if its reported to be 16 times the strength of a normal lsd tab.

And yeah I agree, 15 -18 yrs olds taking drugs is always going to be risky, mixing them with alcohol and cannabis often, I recall doing the same things, and sometimes spewing and whatever, but as i grew older this happened less and less.

Other than LSD pretty much the only psyches strong enough to be loaded onto blotter (have to be under 4mg active dose, as thats all the paper will hold from memory) include the DOX series and this new NBOMe series of 2c-x drugs.

We've all heard many a horror story about DOX (specifically DOI trips) mainly due to their duration, although next to none with the NBOMe. Alot of people seem to actually prefer NBOMe to traditional LSD lately due to it being alot easier to handle and not as mentally challenging.

Not meaning to sound sexist (but I will), but girls in general are always a bit of risk when it comes to psychedelics.Especially 15yr old girls. I'm not saying having a dong prevents you from losing ones shit, but the weight to dose threshold is less for most drugs including alcohol. Set and setting is important and most teenage parties have the unwanted pressure of curfews or having to deal with parents later in the night. I can ignore the issues with developing brains if it it a once off. Being a kid comes with added pressures and lack of life experience which makes freaking out far more common.

Deadly $1.50 LSD tablets trap teens

The rash of overdoses comes just three months after Central Coast teenager Nick Mitchell died after a suspected LSD overdose.

Detective Superintendent Nick Bingham said young people were buying drugs online from what he describes as dark sites. "For as little as $1.50 a tablet these kids are buying what they think is the hallucinogenic LSD. In fact many of them are getting 25INBOME, a powerful hallucinogenic but also an amphetamine. The delivery charge is more expensive than the drug and the consequences are frightening," he said.

Not bad...it's good that he's mentioning the possibility of it not being LSD.

He also said talk of "bad batches" of drugs was infuriating.

"These teenagers are having very serious physical reactions to the drugs - not just hallucinations. Their bodies are shutting down as well."

:\ sigh....Detective Superintendent Bingham you are an idiot.

So long as people are taking drugs (do you honestly think it'll ever change?) - discussions about bad batches SAVE LIVES.

Not meaning to sound sexist (but I will), but girls in general are always a bit of risk when it comes to psychedelics.Especially 15yr old girls. I'm not saying having a dong prevents you from losing ones shit, but the weight to dose threshold is less for most drugs including alcohol. Set and setting is important and most teenage parties have the unwanted pressure of curfews or having to deal with parents later in the night. I can ignore the issues with developing brains if it it a once off. Being a kid comes with added pressures and lack of life experience which makes freaking out far more common.

Yeah not sexist at all, it's very true. Teenage girls are unstable at the best of times, seems like males are more level headed at that age (although maybe they're just more likely to put up a front?)

It mentioned they mixed LSD with marijuana, and that can add to any freak out I'm sure. It could just be that it's strong LSD? Would be cool to see some test results.

Yeah was at a rave recently and my friend works emt... she told us to only get acid off one of our friends who was holding. She said a bad batch of fake acid was going around the past couple of days... Sadly not everyone has emt's as friends (she rolls ect.), or good enough sources... so kids will just buy off some random and end fucked up. I saw so many girls that night fucked out of their mind on what they believe to be acid.. I had to help a girl stand and grab her by the waist to make her sit on the bench by me... she was falling over and almost on me. She told me how she got "acid" off some random and then proceeded to puke.

Kids need to think things through... anyone for that matter.

Howver my friend selling acid later lost his vial because his girlfriend was fucked on acid... and he lost it in all the commotion. Some people do not know their limit. Wonder what unexperienced kid found that.... I wonder how many kids took some of his acid. What would of been two blotters had my friend tripping hard... all 8 of them and they've been tripping for years. We had to sit in the car because they couldn't drive home. Luckily my friend stop his car and realized he couldn't... I know other people would of driven off... anyways everyone should be careful because sometimes your trip will be stronger and way different than the last.

Anyways kids need to also learn not everything on a blotter is actually acid.

So many drug dealers lie... even sadly friends with a dj who got a felony for selling bath salts... he sold it as ecstasy. .. smh. So even be careful with what your friends will give you.

Last edited:
wouldnt happen if it was legalised and one could purchase lsd from a chemist.

the blood is on the whole of societies hands.

cigarettes have gone from being accepted and extremely ubiquitous to being practically outlawed in just a few years. our drug laws and social acceptance of what are currently elicit drugs could be changed just as quickly.

people are stupid! ganja is illegal while alcohol is legal. its hypocrisy and corruption at its finest.

people are stupid and money is king

anarchy fuck ya

awww geez Laugh... why'd you have to go and put that old 'people are stupid' bit in there at the end of a good post?

It makes a valid point sound like a tired old rant.

Sorry, but that's just my opinion on the matter.

The guy that died off a 'lsd' overdose no that long ago was a male. Just saying.

awww geez Laugh... why'd you have to go and put that old 'people are stupid' bit in there at the end of a good post?

It makes a valid point sound like a tired old rant.

Sorry, but that's just my opinion on the matter.

you are tripping dude i didnt write old anywhere. people are stupid, fuck just look around..

it is a tired old rant, who gives a fuck, people are too stupid to do anything about. I'm just going to follow some other cunts rules and laws cause im too stupid to think for myself. maybe i can fight in someone elses war?

until i see an advert on tv telling me people are not stupid im going to keep on using my critical analysis and observational skills to discern for me.

ends tired old rant *shrugs shoulders*

until i see an advert on tv telling me people are not stupid im going to keep on using my critical analysis and observational skills to discern for me.

LOL:D

The thing is, you're obviously not stupid and you're a person.

Stop hating on yourself! Stop it! Stop it! huh! Why are you hating on yourself?!

hehehehhee=D