Police raid - Large amount of psychedelics confiscated!?

nofx1422

Bluelighter
I Live in New Zealand

The cops came to my house while I was working today for a non-drug related matter. After snooping round my property they saw a bong in the window and got a search warrant. They only found 1g of weed, but in the process of completely destroying my room found DMT, research chemicals, ketamine and alprazolam. Also a few DMT pipes.

Ive spoken to the detective in charge on the phone, as nothing is labelled they dont know what it is. I didnt tell them. They also took my safe, which has nothing illegal in it except for a couple of pipes. It does have a concert ticket I need in it. The detective told me to come to the station on friday, get charged for weed possesion, and to get what I need out of the safe. He told me I can tell him what all the powders are, or they will get it tested and charge me pending the results.

I have no idea what sort of charges the psychs will bring? Do I be straight up and tell them what it is? Will they just test for amphetamines/coke ket etc? Or would it be common to get GC/MS or something similat done?

Its been a long day and I havent spoken to a lawyer yet, but Ill update tomorrow with more questions etc.

Thanks in advance for any help

[edited contraband inventory -bq]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in NZ. You obviously need to talk to your lawyer, but I would be very careful about telling them what anything is. I would expect NZ cops to know what ketamine and 2C-T-2 are, at least (I've seen cops quoted in the paper, discussing how they expect people to turn to 2C-T-2 as a replacement for piperazines).

The case law on possession of research chemicals is kinda unclear here; at least one judge has been concerned about whether a particular substance was really, legally covered by our analogue laws, and I believe the case was thrown out because he didn't consider that the police/ESR had proved this point. But don't quote me on that in court ;)

As for testing: I would guess they would send 'em to ESR for testing. This is definitely not legal advice, but: you might be able to spin possession of multiple substances as being for personal use. If you've got a whole lot of little bags of similar looking powder, I'm wondering if there's a risk that they'll assume that you've got them for supply.

I'll try to do some digging tomorrow, but I'm hardly going to be in the office at all so it might be hard to find the time. Should definitely be able to get you something on Friday AM though.

There was also some 2C-T-4. Some things were pre measured in individual doses, but mostly just bulk. There was absolutely no cash in my house, Im not too concerned about getting charged with supply. But DMT is class A and 3g Im sure would be considered a lot. Fuck I hope Im not looking at jail time, Im due to start my OE in a few months!

If I was you I would do or say a single thing without a lawyer.

In my opinion he wants you to tell him what everything is instead of having to test them because it's probably not worth the money to test all those substances when you don't even have a large amount of any of them.

If you just tell him what they are though don't you think he's just going to charge you on anything you mention that is illegal and then send the rest in for testing to make sure they're not illegal as well? I mean if you say, this is ketamine.. and it's illegal.. they don't care if it's really ketamine or not cause you just admitted you at least thought you had an illegal substance. The rest though if you say it's DXM for example they'll probably test it anyway to make sure it's not cocaine or whatever.

Really... it's time to get a GOOD lawyer and you should do this before you go down there and get charged.

I went to the cop shop today after talking with my lawyer. I didnt realise at the time but they also took a large amount of various chemicals left over from when I was doing highschool chem through corresspondance. I told them that everything they found was for that purpose, the detective said as long as it doesnt show positive for meth or mdma/ coke then nothing will come of it!

Its been too easy so far I feel. The detective didnt even worry about the DMT pipes in my safe...just through them away. Maybe the fact I went in there voluntarily had something to do with it.

The only thing Ive been charged with is possesion of weed and posession of a bong.

Good luck. Let me know if you want me to do any in-depth research.

I did check on the amount of drugs necessary for presumption of supply, and it's 56g, so you should be fine on that count (note: for several named drugs, like MDMA and meth, it's 5g, but for any drug not specifically named, it's 56g). You can still be charged with intent to supply if there's other evidence, though.

wow. im pretty sure you would have definitley been facing felonies in the U.S. you are very lucky

DMT is what Im most worried about, but there was still less than 5g. Im not outta the woods yet. If the scientists at ESR have an inkling that theres DMT etc there Im sure some charges will be laid against me. Maybe I should leave the country before that happens!

Thanks Infinite Jest, Ill probably hit you up on that offer if anything further comes from this....otherwise Im just gonna lay low until my OE starts next year.

you might want to take down the listing of exactly what they found.. cops do frequent these boards.. you never know if the detective in your case is doing a google search right now and pop up comes your thread

I had a meeting with my lawyer today. He had spoken to the detective in charge who told him that the chems aren't even getting sent to ESR, theyre getting destroyed and thats it!! With the help of a good lawyer it looks like Ill get discharge without conviction for the weed too. Luck was on my side this time...

See....
Drug cases can have happy endings =D

(Why are you all looking at me like I need committed? :blink)

nofx1422 said:
With the help of a good lawyer it looks like Ill get discharge without conviction for the weed too. Luck was on my side this time...

Great! Because you know that a drug conviction could have really fucked with your OE, right? (Certainly it would give you problems getting into the US; I think you'd have to declare it if you were going to the UK).

Glad to hear you got the result :)

lol buddy- if you were living in the USA, you would be looking at multiple years in prison. hard time. especially with it being portioned out into different weights, you would definitely get charged with intent to distribute. shit man.. you are so fucking lucky. so fucking lucky.... wow

Infinite Jest said:
Great! Because you know that a drug conviction could have really fucked with your OE, right? (Certainly it would give you problems getting into the US; I think you'd have to declare it if you were going to the UK).

Glad to hear you got the result :)

I know, I have no intention of visitiing the states, but it would have still been a pain in the ass. Ive moved towns and am going to lay low. The only bad thing is I dont have internet access at my new place. (Im in the library constantly looking over my shoulder!)