• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Cards Poker (Texas Hold'em)

the wsop circuit is in town right now.

played an event today. 20k starting stack.

pretty quiet early on - won a couple of small pots.

first notable hand a guy called down my river bluff with 4th pair. i told him "nice call. don't know how you make that call?" and his response was the usual insult-to-injury poker b.s. "yeah, not sure why i called. i was sure i was beat."

ground my way up to 28k after about 90 mins.

next notable hand i raised KcJc in late position. 1 caller. flopped two pair. bet it hard to the river and the guy kept calling. turns out he had AQ and hit his 4-out gutter on the river.

why do i never get that lucky when i play that poorly? :)

last hand blinds were 300-500 and i have about 6k. couple of limps to me in the big blind and i look down at QQ. i ship it all in. everybody has me covered. two decent-sized stacks fold and it comes to the guy on my immediate right in the small blind. he has about 15k. he calls for 40% of his stack with K10 off. another poor call but, of course, he flops a king and i'm headed home.

going to play a $400 ring event tomorrow.

game on!

alasdair

This year, and last months of 2023, i was playing really really bad, i havent been in a final table since september... im consistently loosing almost every season of sit n go or tourneys, i have got really good prizes (playing mini tournaments with rebuy and addon at ipoker, that gives you tickets to pay an entry, i play for the 20 eur tickets, and spend it in double or nothing sit n go), Im doing really good at satellites, but at some point im doing mistakes, maybe there are bots, RTA, collution, but its mainly my game what is making me loosing at the end of each month, so, i decided to take a rest, of any shit related to betting, its making me sick after all my looses, i need to calm down, then study my game when i got the interest in do it, honestly i dont have so much interest of study poker at the moment, so i will stop playing cuz im not rich and i cant gift my work earned money :mad::cry:

Hey @Fourofakind, I'm sorry to hear that you've been struggling with your poker game recently. Taking a break to clear your mind and regain your focus sounds like a wise decision. It's important to prioritize your well-being and mental health, especially when things aren't going well at the tables.
When you're ready to dive back into studying your game, it might be helpful to review your play and identify any patterns or mistakes that could be contributing to your losses. Sometimes, taking a step back can provide valuable perspective.
In the meantime, if you're looking for a fresh start when you decide to return to the tables, you might want to check out OLX88.co. They offer a range of games and could provide a new and exciting environment for you to enjoy poker again.

Last edited:
Hey @Fourofakind, I'm sorry to hear that you've been struggling with your poker game recently. Taking a break to clear your mind and regain your focus sounds like a wise decision. It's important to prioritize your well-being and mental health, especially when things aren't going well at the tables.
I have been away from tables, not totally absent, but im now focused and really busy at my business, thank you for your words and welcome to BL!

Love

I used to play a lot of Texas Hold'em myself! I mostly played online on various popular poker sites, which was super convenient. For strategy and learning, I leaned heavily on online forums and poker strategy websites. They're a goldmine for picking up the basics of odds and hand strategy, and you can also find some deep dives into more advanced tactics.

Eventually, I shifted gears and got into virtual sports betting. It caught my interest because it blends the excitement of sports with the analytical aspect of betting, which is somewhat similar to poker strategy. I found it to be a refreshing change, offering quick and frequent betting opportunities without the long play sessions that poker sometimes demands.

Last edited: