• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Plugging?

legalizeall

Bluelighter
I dont really understand it and not sure why someone would want to do this. How is it done? Do you dissolve it in some water and use a turkey baster to get it up there or just some good old fashion finger time? A big part of the experience for me is the taste of whatever im doin. Maybe theres more to this then i know but ill just stay with the "old school" way.

Any drug in particular? For some things, especially some opiates, they have a low bioavailability when taken orally. Plugging can greatly increase the amount you absorb for those of us that won't use needles. My opiates feel at least 2 if not 3 times stronger when plugged compared to oral.

It isn't all that bad once you get the hang of it. I just back load a pill into a syringe and then put it up to yourself and slowly push it in. I never needed to put anything inside me other than the liquid containing the dissolved pill. Just need to make sure your pipes are clean and I found that shooting down and staying still right after plugging gave the best results. Seems like if I move around it's not as strong.

There are lots of threads on plugging or I can add a bit more info if interested.

Well it should be a liquid and only a few ml and your body holds it in like anything else. Only way it will come out is if you make it.

You do need to make sure you thoroughly go to the bathroom. Anything left behind will act like a sponge and absorb just as much as your body does.

Some people say to turn upside down and all put it a few inches in and that's not what I have found and unfortunately have done this 5-7 times a day for 6-7 years so many thousands of times. I feel like turning upside down or moving is going to cause it to go higher up where you don't know what's still left. I plug it and sit down and let it do it's thing. Even then your body pulls it up a ways so you don't always have a turtle head when working up a #2. Just putting a syringe tight to yourself without inserting is all that's needed for the liquid to go in. Just what I've found.

Are you asking because you plan on doing it or are you just saying why the fuck are you people doing this? If it's the latter then I don't see the point of this thread.

The high you get from it is slightly better then taking it orally but then again you do have to go to the effort of shoving it up a place where you would rather not put your fingers lol.
Honestly just try it one, but for everyday use its not worth it.

Depends on the drug. For opiates, like I said above, plugging is at least twice as strong if not closer to 3 times stronger than taken orally. For me. I have taken twice my normal plugged dose and didn't even know I took it. I wasn't willing to waste more.

At least that's my experience. I will say that with adderall, orally feels stronger. Yet ativan feels stronger plugged. Just have to try it if you want to know. And once you get the process down it's really no worse than dealing with most other bodily functions. Unless you are listening to one of those threads that says to stand on your head and place a turkey baster 6" deep. At that point you should probably go to the sex and relationships forum.

Last edited:
I'm going to "cheat" if you will and post the Wikipedia article for "rectal administration". In this context, they are referring to the administration of drugs specifically, which is what you're wondering about anyway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rectal_administration

There's a wealth of information regarding rectal administration or "plugging" as it's known colloquially here on Bluelight regarding how it's done and how it's effects and efficacy vary from substance to substance. In general, rectal administration is second only to parenteral (IV, IM, SC) administration in terms of speed of onset, intensity and bioavailability. It's my preferred ROA after injection for all of these reasons. It really works well.

It's a simple process too. Generally, you take a needle-less syringe make a more or less uniform solution using your substance and water, using however much is needed to create the solution and not much more, then, you lay either on your side or on your stomach, insert the syringe, push the plunger, wait for 15 minutes and you're golden. Within that 15 minute period you should begin to feel 90% of the drug's effects.