• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Plugging Poppy Seed Tea?

FreedomCalls

Bluelighter
I just made some poppy seed tea and I'm wondering if there is any danger to plugging some of it, it tastes absolutely disgusting.

Has anyone done this?

Probably wont work that well, since the process of shaking the seeds releases oils that, as i hypothesize, form liposomes around the alkaloids which make it only really suitable for oral use (the liposomes wont open up just sitting in your rectum).

What you might do however is heat the tea for a while which I found breaks open the liposomes and liberates the alkaloids into the solution. This might work better. The plus side to this too, is that it will at least semi-sterilze the solution to perhaps lower the risk of infection. Another approach would be to defat the poppy seed tea to avoid putting the oils in you. You might be able to do this by first heating to liberate the alkaloids, then freeze to separate the fat.

Come on, it's not that bad, just don't breathe through your nose and wash it down with peanut butter. Besides the possibility of issues (overdose, infection, not absorbing properly - I'm not sure), you'd have to plug A LOT of liquid. Just drink it. I learned to love the taste (I don't recommend getting that into it though).

^^^^sure that is all wise advise, but I can't help but wonder what would happen if you tried this with smart preparation

By heating slowly (morphines melting point is around 250°C so slow heating is fine) you should be able to A)open up the liposomes and B) reduce the volume to a point where rectal admin is viable (20ml should be tolerable -- just lay on your belly for a while).

Im just curious what would happen. The risk is, if the brew is strong (the liposomes actually reduce OD risk via the slow release, where as the heated and partially evaporated solution would be morphine in aqueous solution), you might wind up with a surprisingly high dose of highly soluble aqueous morphine being efficiently absorbed by the rectum...ie., you might wind up with a dangerous amount of morphine in your bloodstream. Still, id be curious.

you might wind up with a surprisingly high dose of highly soluble aqueous morphine being efficiently absorbed by the rectum
The area of the rectum that absorbs straight to the bloodstream is only about 6 centimeters, the majority, esp when laying on your side all goes through the hepatic portal vein, making the uptake and 1st pass metab. about the same as the stomach, minus all that extra surface area in the stomach.

Although there was a thread from NP&D lost in the prune that had data backing up a massive increase in rectal BA by deprotonation of the MS. It wasn't quite high enough to liberate it from it's salt and precipitate to base, but was close from what I hazily remember. If you come across anything like that Negrogesic, please let me know. Thx.

Also with Morphine being the main desired constituent of Poppies/ Opium/ tea, here's some articles on it.

The bioavailability of morphine after rectal administration was found to be 53.3 +/- 17.8% (mean +/- S.D.). Peak concentrations of 16.3 +/- 8.7 ng ml-1 were reached after 59 +/- 16 min. The study indicates that first pass elimination of morphine may be partially avoided by rectal administration

Physiological factors influencing rectal drug absorption,Two factors are of major importance with respect to the venous drainage of the rectum and consequently the transport of absorbed drug into the systemic circulation: site of absorption and direction of blood flow. If the drug is absorbed in the upper part of the rectum, it is transported to the portal system and passes through the liver. While, following absorption in the lower rectum, the drug is transported directly to the systemic circulation. In general, this implies that hepatic first-pass elimination is avoided when a drug is administered in the lower part of the rectum.
https://bjanaesthesia.org/article/S0007-0912(17)42397-X/pdf

I guess you really have to be a stand-up Guy.... (to bypass that hepatic portal.)

(tah dump tah dump ching ? . I know, it's a cheesy joke.)

Probably wont work that well, since the process of shaking the seeds releases oils that, as i hypothesize, form liposomes around the alkaloids which make it only really suitable for oral use (the liposomes wont open up just sitting in your rectum).

What you might do however is heat the tea for a while which I found breaks open the liposomes and liberates the alkaloids into the solution. This might work better. The plus side to this too, is that it will at least semi-sterilze the solution to perhaps lower the risk of infection. Another approach would be to defat the poppy seed tea to avoid putting the oils in you. You might be able to do this by first heating to liberate the alkaloids, then freeze to separate the fat.

Presumably the liposome formation is why poppy pod tea lasts 21 hours, whole plant tea 17, and poppy seed tea 8 hours . . .

I've only used phenadoxone up the arsehole successfully and it was nice, but then I lost the range of motion to do that correctly and not waste/destroy medication about two years later.

Poppy seed oil and the resins and other oils in the tea will make it more comfortable and I would make sure the pH is no lower than about 5 before squirting it up there.

Presumably the liposome formation is why poppy pod tea lasts 21 hours, whole plant tea 17, and poppy seed tea 8 hours . . .

I've only used phenadoxone up the arsehole successfully and it was nice, but then I lost the range of motion to do that correctly and not waste/destroy medication about two years later.

Poppy seed oil and the resins and other oils in the tea will make it more comfortable and I would make sure the pH is no lower than about 5 before squirting it up there.

I feel that liposomal formation occurs most with poppy seed tea when prepared with the vigorous shaking method. They often use sonification in the pharmaceutical preparation of liposomal extended release drug delivery systems, so i feel the shaking does something similar. For me, I feel like strong poppy seed tea lasts longer than pod tea, but my method for making it (stovetop expresso) would destroy any liposomes in the process of the heat/pressure.

The area of the rectum that absorbs straight to the bloodstream is only about 6 centimeters, the majority, esp when laying on your side all goes through the hepatic portal vein, making the uptake and 1st pass metab. about the same as the stomach, minus all that extra surface area in the stomach.

Although there was a thread from NP&D lost in the prune that had data backing up a massive increase in rectal BA by deprotonation of the MS. It wasn't quite high enough to liberate it from it's salt and precipitate to base, but was close from what I hazily remember. If you come across anything like that Negrogesic, please let me know. Thx.

Also with Morphine being the main desired constituent of Poppies/ Opium/ tea, here's some articles on it.

https://bjanaesthesia.org/article/S0007-0912(17)42397-X/pdf

I guess you really have to be a stand-up Guy/Gal to bypass that hepatic portal.

View attachment 14690

Interesting, i guess you just have to stand up and clench. Seems like sitting upright would work too.

The risk is, if the brew is strong (the liposomes actually reduce OD risk via the slow release, where as the heated and partially evaporated solution would be morphine in aqueous solution), you might wind up with a surprisingly high dose of highly soluble aqueous morphine being efficiently absorbed by the rectum...ie., you might wind up with a dangerous amount of morphine in your bloodstream. Still, id be curious.

Well that's the reason for my concern. PST can be VERY strong and if it's absorbing much more rapidly with a higher BA, without time release... could easily lead to OD.

poppy seed tea 8 hours

I was addicted to opiates for 10 years and poppy seed tea was what I settled on out of everything, and it lasted a good 20-24 hours for me... I could dose it at noon and not even need to dose he next day until night time, it lasted forever.

Well that's the reason for my concern. PST can be VERY strong and if it's absorbing much more rapidly with a higher BA, without time release... could easily lead to OD.

I was addicted to opiates for 10 years and poppy seed tea was what I settled on out of everything, and it lasted a good 20-24 hours for me... I could dose it at noon and not even need to dose he next day until night time, it lasted forever.

How did you brew it?

^^^from what i recall he used the standard method whereby the seeds are shaken vigorously with water and lemon juice in a plastic bottle, after which the solution is squeezed out with the cap partially unscrewed. I believe it is this vigorous shaking (which some people do for quite some time) that causes the phospholipids to form liposomes around the alkaloids, thus creating an extended release morphine solution.

If by heating and defatting the solution you are able to make a pluggable solution, you may have liberated a lethal dose of morphine considering the more efficient ROA. While someone might be able to handle 600mg of extended release morphine orally, 600mg of IR morphine rectally in that same individual might run into trouble.

Yeah what I did was get one of those giant 64 oz Gatorade bottles, they are huge and have a convenient indentation in the middle that you can grip. I'd pour out enough of it that I could put 1-2 pounds of seeds in (depending on strength and tolerance), and then I'd shake it vigorously for 5-10 minutes. Always room temperature. Then you can slightly unscrew the bottle and squeeze all the liquid out. I'd make a second extraction too but the first got most of it. Would come on pretty quick and get stronger for hours, and last for ages. I eventually found a source for 25 pound boxes of these really strong unwashed poppy seeds, it was from a salvage grocery store, I told them I was a baker.

I got into oxy and heroin for a short time (2 different periods of time) but poppy seed tea was my favorite. Oral opium, time-released.

I did indeed notice the more significant oil and resin content when I used the bottle -shaking method . . .

Well guys I did it! a 5 pound wash followed by 2 cups of seed wash and boiling it over medium heat for approximately an hour and half until i was left with just about 25 mL of liquid. Turkey basted that shit and boom up the butt.

Granted, I can shoot a 8 mg sub or half a gram of heroin when I'm deep in it, and gah damn I was nodded out harder than a MOFO!

:p

crazy shit.

Careful man. Are you familiar with drinking PST? How much stronger was it?

Does anyone ask themselves"wtf am I doing" or "have I taken this too far" when your on the bathroom floor upside down with a turkey baster hanging out of your ass for nonsexual purposes?

Plugging drugs is a perfectly legitimate way to take them, in fact it's quite similar to intramuscular injection but far safer. Some pharmaceutical medications are intended to stick in your butt. It conserves drugs and in the case of some drugs, like psychedelics, it reduces bodyload. Some people get freaked out by it but I've never seen the problem.

I'm sure more people ask those questions when they see themselves first time in mirror with a needle in their arm.

Does anyone ask themselves"wtf am I doing" or "have I taken this too far" when your on the bathroom floor upside down with a turkey baster hanging out of your ass for nonsexual purposes?

Given the abysmal level of scientific knowledge of these people who buy the opioid cri$i$ thing and swallow it hook, line & sinker, I am sure there are people who stick turkey basters in their arsehole thinking they are going to impregnate themselves and have a little green baby later . . . As they say in the Correctional Officers' Union, "there is no wrong hole . . ."