• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Plugging/IV Suboxone

Very important to mention that since the BA when plugging is dramatically higher than sublingual or intranasal, you should lower your dose accordingly. Plugging 16mg at once will deliver almost twice as much bupe into your system than if you'd taken 16mg SL or IN.

By the way, and I'm just trying to help and I'm sure you've experimented with dosage and are comfortable at 16mg/day, it really is too much regardless of what your doctor says. 10 to 1 money says 8mg or less per day (especially if plugged) will hold you just as fine as 16.

In your case the only challenge would be 1. Accepting the fact that you don't need 16mg/day (hint: not even heavy IV dope users of many years don't need that much except for the first administration) and 2. Sneaking the other 8mg dose out without your supervisors noticing.

yeah, although I think the whole ''less is more'' thing is generally true in terms of gaining mood lifting effects, it's not for everyone, if you want to feel stable and that's more important to you than getting a lift or a glow, than stick with that (I realize in the OP's case it seems they want a glow so I'm talking generally to anyone who might read this), I know the first week or two I was on suboxone I needed 8mg a day, and 8 was better than 2, after two weeks I micro dosed for two days so my tolerance dropped enough where I could sustain on 2mg, and I'm now taking 1.5mg, it should be noted that this was easy for me because I have not been on suboxone for very long, others would probably be able to jump down to 4mg with little to no problem but usually the drop from 4 to 2 is where tapering starts getting difficult-I've noticed though that if you just cut a quarter out of your dose every three or four days you hardly notice any difference in terms of effects but you will experience withdrawal symptoms during the day. It's a choice really, if you want to be able to get a little euphoria out of your subs your going to have to suffer a little bit too.

@phil.McKeer, generally plugging has a higher BA but IME there isn't much consistency with it which is why I almost always take my subs SL, if I'm going to plug it will be a once a week type of thing, I find it works best that way.

@Ilove2nod, one more question, how much buprenorphine do you usually mainline a day? I'm just wondering if our tolerances are similar. I opted to stick with my taper schedule today, what I really want to do with bupe is get myself to a low enough dose that when I'm having a really bad day I can take a little more or use a different ROA to lift my spirits.

To all the neigh sayers, I know, I know, this is considered 'abusing' the medication, but fuck you (whoever you are) we're junkies (or I am, and proud of it), the twelve steps hardly ever work for us, and we got to find our own way. I say if shooting, plugging, messing around with your doses or your ass etc. keeps you from using full agonists that can kill you, go for it, its harm reduction baby, and we gotta survive.

Yeah if I ever warn against slamming bupe it's because of the dangers involved (which are well documented), especially since people usually chose subutex to do so rather than suboxone (thinking that the naloxone will harm them, which it won't), so they end up slamming all kinds of talc/binders/fillers and damaging their veins or possibly something worse.

I'm pretty sure slamming suboxone strips with a good, strong filtering protocol (i.e. NOT COTTON) shouldn't be too dangerous. But I've never slammed a thing so take anything I say with a grain of salt and research before doing anything drastic!

Very important to mention that since the BA when plugging is dramatically higher than sublingual or intranasal, you should lower your dose accordingly. Plugging 16mg at once will deliver almost twice as much bupe into your system than if you'd taken 16mg SL or IN.

By the way, and I'm just trying to help and I'm sure you've experimented with dosage and are comfortable at 16mg/day, it really is too much regardless of what your doctor says. 10 to 1 money says 8mg or less per day (especially if plugged) will hold you just as fine as 16.

In your case the only challenge would be 1. Accepting the fact that you don't need 16mg/day (hint: not even heavy IV dope users of many years don't need that much except for the first administration) and 2. Sneaking the other 8mg dose out without your supervisors noticing.

Hi buddy iv been on different doses i find that 16mg is right for me at this point in time! Its kinda mad where i stay in UK drug abuse is bad! in every pharmacy they have the methadone and suboxone booth! And most people are on 24mg Suiboxone! and iv heard of people being on 200ml of methadone a day! im kinda curios of what it would be like in america with sub!

Also about 6 month ago i tried to come of suboxone! i tapered down just asking my drug worker to take me down 2mg a fortnigh! So i done that think it was way to fast! had bad withdrawell i relapsed big time! for me it was more the thinking that now the naloxone is out of my system i wanted to try all these other opiods! Oxycontin,mst, morphine ! and DHC! the LOT! so i came of suboxone and went on an binge with opiates! i was not ready to come of so i went on a binge at first a loved it! i took like 20 30mg dihydrocodeine DHC and it was the best feeling id had in years! then next time i was chasing it! so i knew it was getting bad i had to build up the courage to go back and get put on it! i got put back on 8mg right away! was on that for about a month then asked to get put upto 16! so my next script i got 16mg!

This weekend was a 1 of really! id say am stable on my suboxone! apart from today taking the lines because i did not have a syringe to try plugging lol

Just be careful with slamming subutex. I ended up with phlebitis from it, and it is extremely painful.

There is also a ceiling dose for bupe. Basically your brain cannot absorb any more after a certain dose. This statement is more for american patients because subs are expensive here and if you can save a buck you should most definitely do so.

Just be careful with slamming subutex. I ended up with phlebitis from it, and it is extremely painful.

There is also a ceiling dose for bupe. Basically your brain cannot absorb any more after a certain dose. This statement is more for american patients because subs are expensive here and if you can save a buck you should most definitely do so.

yea i read the 'ceiling effect' is 32mg! it all depends on your tolerence etc u ised to give my dad like 1-2mg of sub for pain and he would get an actual high from it like a speedy high he decribed it as! others i have let them try with no tolernece and they have just been sick!

Where i stay i known alot of people on suboxone and 24mg is the highest i dont think they go any higher!

yeah, although I think the whole ''less is more'' thing is generally true in terms of gaining mood lifting effects, it's not for everyone, if you want to feel stable and that's more important to you than getting a lift or a glow, than stick with that (I realize in the OP's case it seems they want a glow so I'm talking generally to anyone who might read this), I know the first week or two I was on suboxone I needed 8mg a day, and 8 was better than 2, after two weeks I micro dosed for two days so my tolerance dropped enough where I could sustain on 2mg, and I'm now taking 1.5mg, it should be noted that this was easy for me because I have not been on suboxone for very long, others would probably be able to jump down to 4mg with little to no problem but usually the drop from 4 to 2 is where tapering starts getting difficult-I've noticed though that if you just cut a quarter out of your dose every three or four days you hardly notice any difference in terms of effects but you will experience withdrawal symptoms during the day. It's a choice really, if you want to be able to get a little euphoria out of your subs your going to have to suffer a little bit too.

@phil.McKeer, generally plugging has a higher BA but IME there isn't much consistency with it which is why I almost always take my subs SL, if I'm going to plug it will be a once a week type of thing, I find it works best that way.

@Ilove2nod, one more question, how much buprenorphine do you usually mainline a day? I'm just wondering if our tolerances are similar. I opted to stick with my taper schedule today, what I really want to do with bupe is get myself to a low enough dose that when I'm having a really bad day I can take a little more or use a different ROA to lift my spirits.

To all the neigh sayers, I know, I know, this is considered 'abusing' the medication, but fuck you (whoever you are) we're junkies (or I am, and proud of it), the twelve steps hardly ever work for us, and we got to find our own way. I say if shooting, plugging, messing around with your doses or your ass etc. keeps you from using full agonists that can kill you, go for it, its harm reduction baby, and we gotta survive.

I do 6mgs throughout the day. I usually do 3 2mg shots a day or sometimes 2mgs in the morning, 1mg around noon, 1mg around 5, 2mg before bed.

oh, OK, shit my tolerance than is way lower, I take 1.5mg SL a day for the last two days) after being on 2mg for 8 days, I'm going to wait till I'm down to 1mg a day and then try plugging 1mg (I split my doses in half) and see how that gets me. On friday when I was supposed to decrease my dose I instead used 2 mg (.75 am, .5 in the afternoon, .75pm) but I used mouthwash with the .5 dose and definitely got a speedy buzz, which was alright, it kind of made me manic and write some embarrassing blog entry that I was later ashamed of lol, what I want is to be nodding though. My days of using opiates to clean the house are over, if I want to get things done I'll use stimulants, I like to get obliterated on my 'oids. (we should all call them that now, 'oids, how retarded sounding)

I think with detox the Americans have it easier than here in uk! The smallest amount is 2mg! so when i detoxed i had to come of 2mg! not a massive dose! but it would of helped it i could of went down to 1mg for a while! then lower if possible!

Awesome system Drea for tapering. I would've started withe the done though then went to percs then subs. The reason you went into pwd was the long action of the done. But now you're clear. I 8mg sub left. I would start with 1mg iv for two days then .5 for two days then .25 for two days then start skipping a day to iv the .25

materials:
water
suboxone
1mL oral syringe
optional: a way of crushing it, although not necessary it should dissolve on contact with water / with mild to moderate agitation.

steps: backload suboxone into 1mL syringe, draw up warm (not hot, not freezing cold, just room temp to warm...) water, cover syringe tip and shake/agitate until dissolved.

Done.

(AKA the Just Add Water method)

Stop saying swim!!!

For Christs sake would you idiots stop saying swim to refer to yourself!! You're not fooling anyone and you are annoying the hell out of me!! Everyone knows you're talking about yourself. Who the fuck do you think you're kidding? Please please please stop using this stupid noun. Yeah i er swim uses a lot of dope. Oh he said someone who isn't me he must be talking about someone else!! No one is monitoring these chat rooms and even if they were most of us use fake names. If you're really that paranoid use a tor browser. You can't be tracked by your ip address so you're fine. Even if someone had your ip a cop would need a warrant to find you and there's nothing illegal about talking about using drugs. We have free speech in this country. If you're in China you may be fucked but most chinamen don't have internet access.

Don't revive a dead topic to rant like this..... This post should be in your blog or somewhere on the social board.

No, I have only used buprenorphine sublingually and IV. I never bothered to snort nor plug it. I've never plugged anything either.

If you enjoyed plugging it then I think you should go for it. :) I never really enjoyed buprenorphine sublingually to be quite honest. even when I felt really shitty (24 hours after my last IV injection of... < 100 mcg buprenorphine... whatever I was using the last time I went that long without doing it...long ass time ago hahaha) and could take 2mg sublingually........ it was still like, gee I am glad I don't feel good, but I still can't wait to actually IV it again.

I don't understand why this is the case for me either. I have both IV'd, and taken orally, midazolam. Both were *REALLY* enjoyable! If someone gave me midazolam, and expected me to eat it, I wouldn't mind having an experience like that again for sure! But there's almost no reason why I would use buprenorphine sublingually, unless I was really unable to IV it and was starting to feel really crappy without it. Also, I have taken IV'd, and snorted, taken orally, MDA!!! All 3 ROA's were lovely with this drug, it's a drug you can't go wrong with no matter the ROA (as long as you don't smoke it - OBVIOUSLY).

I hope people can connect with me on that one though, I think some drugs are suited to one ROA or the other, and other drugs are good for most/ALL ROA's, and yet some drugs are hit and miss (some people said they like snorting bupe more even though they have IV'd it, some people like plugging it more, some people are happy with sublingual, etc... I think fentanyl is like that, some people do it bucally, some people slap the patch on, others smoke the gel, others shoot it... they all seem to be happy though ;)).

Any thoughts on my opinions regarding this?

Hey I was wondering if you could help me out.
I have to take a drug test tomorrow and I used about 1mg of suboxone IV.
If I have to take a at home urine test (it's a 12 panel with bupe on the test)
Will I be clear most likely if I drink a lot of water?

^Sounds dicey with bupe despite a ROA choice of IV. Good luck though, and yes drinking water can't hurt. Mind you, an 'at home' urine test as in unsupervised at home?

1. If you need clean urine then get it.
2. If you need urine that shows specific drugs then drug one of your clean mates and get a collection lol < I am joking everyone IT IS NEVER OK TO DRUG SOMEONE UNLESS IT"S ME.
Good Luck and Take care.

P.S. Unless Bupe is your Opioid/opiate DOC try to refrain from IV use if possible, It's really beneficial to use your sub breaks to rest yourself that includes your veins - They get enough of a work out when one is on a run with their full agonists. If it is your DOC and you actually get high then I say lucky you!

Thanks for looking out.
I use sub every once in a while.i haven't gotten high from it in years.especially after using heroin for so long but I'm clean now and use bupe prolly once a month.i know ot sounds stupid using it IV especially with the oral ROA being so high but I guess you can call it a "glow" I get from it.ot dosnt get me high but more of an uplifting energetic feeling.

Do you think I'll be okay if I drink slot of water seeing as it was so small of an amount?

Hey I was wondering if you could help me out.
I have to take a drug test tomorrow and I used about 1mg of suboxone IV.
If I have to take a at home urine test (it's a 12 panel with bupe on the test)
Will I be clear most likely if I drink a lot of water?

Also in connection with what you were saying IVing MDA.i have also found that very enjoyable.i found it a bit scary the first time but when I found the right amount I loved it!
I'd say from most to least enjoable would IV then plugging then oral.

Thanks for looking out.
I use sub every once in a while.i haven't gotten high from it in years.especially after using heroin for so long but I'm clean now and use bupe prolly once a month.i know ot sounds stupid using it IV especially with the oral ROA being so high but I guess you can call it a "glow" I get from it.ot dosnt get me high but more of an uplifting energetic feeling.

Do you think I'll be okay if I drink slot of water seeing as it was so small of an amount?

Oh once a month is cool in my book, I'm an IV man myself but that's usually Meth and actually the BA on oral sub isn't that great iirc, I make up a liquid suppository every morning and use it like that mainly cos I hate the fuckin taste believe it or not, I don't particularly enjoy the invasive prostate exam each morning but I'm suffering chronic pain and definitely get more out of it using this ROA 20mgs feels like 32mgs orally - and neither of them feel like anything really, certainly no noticeable mood lift but receptors are completely satisfied (Actually they want full agonists and I've tried to explain to them about my previously ridiculous tolerance, that place we all get to that just sucks, so much drug for so little reward but they won't listen, thankfully they aren't in charge).

Using Bupe once per month I'd definitely be seen squeezing my Sub strip mix through a micron filter and shooting up. And if you do get that uplifting energetic feeling then I still think that's awesome. I consider you 'clean' from a social standpoint, definitely no longer Junkie status so well done on getting off H which I'm assuming was destructive to your life and definitely NOT a once per month thing lol.

I don't know if you'll be alright, if someone in your same position said the test was in 2-3 days I would still be hesitant to tell them they won't test positive cos I just don't know. Bupe is just so powerful pound for pound, but you don't have it built up in your system, I wish I could tell you you're going to be fine but I have no confidence when it comes to this drug all things considered.

Hopefully someone with an experience like yours is able to chime in.