• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

please tell me

jayjaysleepyhead

Bluelighter
When im completely off diazepam after doing such a good hard dettox from 20 mg to 4 mg now within the next 6 weeks im going to be completely off them. Ive been told when there completely out of your system thats w when you start fitting and feel really bad and ive heard its that bad people go back on them as they cant handle it. Is this true lighters as iy really worries me as ive done so well getting from 20 to 4 in 7 months and fitting scares the life out of me as i live alone

Diazepam has a long half-life and some of it's active metabolites have even longer half lives.(I beleive the one is like 96 hours, but don't quite me on that) so withdrawals won't start for a few days after the last dose depending on your specific metabolism rate it could be a little sooner or later.
With a slow enough taper you won't feel much of a withdrawal, however this varies. It sounds to me like your taper has been slow enough, but you could always slow it down further at the end, just to be more comfortable, if that's feasible for you. It also does matter how long you were on it for.

Nordiazepam's half-life can range from 36 - 200 hours. Its other metabolites are oxazepam and temazepam, but they don't have long half-lives.

http://www.benzo.org.uk/bzequiv.htm

I agree that you've done a good taper, and you don't need to worry about getting really sick or anything. Going down straight to 1mg from 4mg, you probably won't even notice stopping it that much, if at all.

Nordiazepam's half-life can range from 36 - 200 hours. Its other metabolites are oxazepam and temazepam, but they don't have long half-lives.

http://www.benzo.org.uk/bzequiv.htm

I agree that you've done a good taper, and you don't need to worry about getting really sick or anything. Going down straight to 1mg from 4mg, you probably won't even notice stopping it that much, if at all.

Ahh..thanks for the link.