• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Please keep Fairnymph in your thoughts and prayers (RIP Ryan)

(((julia))) i am so sorry for your loss hun. i will keep you and your famillies in my thoughts and prayers.

this is a tragedy and fucking unbelievable. :(:(:(

<3

He is still on the ventilator like I said and he will be until he is in the operating room of the transplant hospital. This is simply to keep his organs alive so that they can save other lives.

He still had meds that the hospital gave him in his system;until those are completely out of his bloodstream they cannot officially pronounce him dead. Because of his barely functioning heart and his poor gas exchange, he's not clearing drugs quickly from his body, which is why this delay.

I want to be very clear though that he is dead. He has no brain activity whatsoever. He had bleeding in his subarachnoid space and severe brain swelling as a result -- I saw the scans myself. He was simply oxygen deprived for too long. Even if he had somehow miraculously escaped brain damage, he would have needed lung and heart transplants.

I understand that some of you may be holding out hope for whatever reason but the medical facts are extremely clear and you will only be causing yourself further grief. Trust me, it is better not to have the ups and downs.

Julia, I'm so sorry for your loss.

My heart goes out to you, and if there is ANYTHING I can do, please let me know

:(

I know nothing I can say will help but my thoughts are with you :(

Words can not describe how awful I feel. :( Ryan was a great guy and a brilliant chemist, and will be sorely missed by the ones who loved him :(

I wish I could be there for you Julia, but I'm interviewing for grad school right now.

All I want to do is go somewhere and cry, but I'm surrounded by people I don't know, so I feel like I should keep it all bottled up :\

My deespest sympathies & condolences to you FN, and your families -

I bow in humble reverence for the passing of your husband, and for you during this time, may both your spirits be at peace

*bows*

Hopefully, without treading on anyones beliefs, I'd like to share this with you, as I shared it with my group of friends when we tragically lost one of our own -

If life could truly ever end, it would have never began,
and, though the form has changed, the spirit, the energy,
the vital essence remains, as it has always, and will always exist.
And thus begins the cycle again!

Though this is no help, and you'll take the time you need -

I send you positive resonant vibes

Love & Light

I'm so sorry to hear that fairynymph...

You don't really know me, but I sympathise for you...

I've lost people close to me like this so suddenly before.

*hugs*

Julia, Jess and I both are sorry to hear of the news. Our hearts are out to you.

i don't even know what to say right now. i'm so sorry you're going through this right now, julia. it's so sad. hang in there, and be strong.

This isn't the right thing to say, but this is how I feel so I'm going to say it anyway regardless of the backlash it will provoke.

This news, tragic and heartbreaking as it is, was the single most powerfully important thing I have felt in several months. Because hearing this has, for the first time in a year, made me feel truly grateful to be alive. I am grateful for the people in my life, and even though my relationships with them aren't everything I want them to be I couldn't ask for anything better. I may be alone right now, but I have known love before and I have the opportunity to feel it again. I may be broke, wasting my life away on the internet hoping for some kind of direction in my life to emerge, but I still have the opportunity to make a difference and so help me GOD I am going to do just that!

I never knew Ryan, but I know this: he wouldn't want his death to provoke others to dwell in misery and sorrow at things they had no control over. In honour of Ryan's life, I am going to get up out of this chair. I'm taking a shower and putting on some sharp looking clothes. I am going to step out of my house, and I am going to LIVE this goddamn day harder than I've lived in years! His memory deserves no less from me. God bless you Ryan. I never knew you, but I love you immensely.

*hugs*

Julia, if there is ANYTHING I can do for you, just let me know. I mean that - anything.

Julia - I don't know you or Ryan, but I've been thinking about you ever since I heard this news. I have no words, really, but I send every little bit of positivity that I can possibly muster to you.

oh wow, I just clicked on this for the first time. julia, I'm so sorry for all that you are going through. you'll be in my thoughts; I hope you find the strength to get through this. I can't even imagine how you must be feeling
24.gif

I don't have the words to express my emotions concerning this. I can only hope that you can fully come to terms with this and continue leading a happy, healthy life.