• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Please help with vivitrol question...

Samiam86

Greenlighter
I haven't used in a bout 1 month. Taken naltrexone pill for 5 days but not the last two. (you see where I'm heading) my shot is scheduled in one week. I plan on sneaking in one use before shot. Here's my concern...With no habit and one use will 6 days be enough time for opiate to dissipate out of system before something awful happens with shot?

If you're worried about PWD, it only happens when an antagonist reverses the effect of a drug you have a physical dependence to. So you should be fine if you use once before your shot. Just be careful about your tolerance--it's probably really low if you've been taking naltrexone.

Ty so much for replying. Which leads to something important you bring up. My tolerance is low I'm sure, I haven't taken a dose of the pill in about two days. A little under. 100mg that is. Please elaborate on risk, chance of effext, ECT....

Also....After a one time use, how long should one wait before jumping back on pill before shot. If I am to understand correctly there is no habit however I will want to wait the appropriate amount of time.