• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Please help with Suboxone taper

Hartless

Bluelighter
I need help with dosage info for a Sub taper off of heroin. I am using around .5 to 1 gram of tar a day. I live on the border of Mexico in Texas so as far as tar goes the stuff is pretty decent. With that being said how much Suboxone would I need for a comfortable taper off the H? I have access to the strips, as much or as little as needed. Now, throughout this process I have to keep working so I need to make this as painless as possible. Ive been using roughly 10 yrs with small spurts of sobriety usually due to being locked up. Point being, I don't know how to use Suboxone to get clean so any and all info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Have you ever taken suboxone before? When it was prescribed for me, they were 8 mg tablets. Trouble is, I didn't take it too seriously and kept going back to using. They tell you to wait until opiates leave your system but you could begin taking it when the sickness starts. Maybe someone with more experience with this can chime in. Wish you luck!

Ive taken it once. I do know about not taking it until 12-24 hours after last shot. My question is what sort of taper do I need to do with the strips. For example a whole strip the first day 3/4 the second etc etc...?

So I have started suboxone to get off heroin too. I took 4 mgs when the wd started which was about 22 hours after last shit. You want to wait until you score a 26 on COWS sheet. Start with the lowest dose possible to feel better. Mine was 4 mgs. Then each time you take it you decrease by 25% to 50% until you are down to .5 or .125. Should be about a week or so. Then jump off the subs from there. That's my understanding. I took 4 then 2 13 hours later and 2 more 13 hours after that. My next dose will be 1 mg when the symptoms start to come back. Just make sure that you don't take them for a long time without help from someone experienced or a dr. They are addicting and have a withdrawal of their own. Also make sure you are in withdrawal or the subs will act like narcan and put you in a horrible precipitated withdrawal.

Shot* sorry for the typos. My 2 year old son is currently using me as a jungle gym

Thank you Tiredmama thats exactly what I needed. I understand that the Subs have their own WD but is it possible to taper all the way down to little or no WDs? Thanks

I was told to taper until .5 or .125 and there will be little to no withdrawals. If there are any withdrawals they should be very mild and nothing compared to h withdrawals