• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox *Please help is fast sub detox possible?*

Blink182mma

Greenlighter
I want off everything. I quit a 220mg oxy habit for 8 years 3 days ago and on Subs. My last sub was 16 hours ago and honestly I feel crappy but not crappy enough to have to take more. Is it possible to quit everything with subs for like a week or two. Will my body still detox from opiates while I'm still on subs? Or is basically taking subs for a week just postponing the inevitable? Is it possible to use subs to get off oxy without becoming addicted to subs and just quit! I don't mind some discomfort but not the full on WDs. Thanks so much in advance.

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, so to clarify, you had been using oxy for 8 yrs and stopped the oxy and began treatment with buprenorphine 3 days ago, correct?

Now you want to stop taking the subs for a week or two? If you do that your withdrawals will commence over a couple of days as the buprenorphine slowly dissociates from your opioid receptors as the buprenorphine is only suspending your opioid withdrawals. You are not detoxing from opioids while on buprenorphine, you are just being maintained.

Or are you asking if it's possible to taper off the buprenorphine over 2 weeks? In that case, yes it is possible but it would likely be very unpleasant reducing over such a short time span.

Why are you wanting to come off it so soon anyway? To be blunt if you come off treatment now it's highly likely you will just relapse. I would recommend you stay on the buprenorphine for at least 6 months and use that time to work on the issues related to your addiction

Quere

The subs are just postponing shit. You need to taper with the subs over a month or so. Just drop 1mg every 2 or 3 days