• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

PLEASE HELP!! I really messed up!

Dopegirlfresh84

Greenlighter
So I used to use heroin on a regular basis. And I have been clean for a couple months and tonight I decided to do a little bit. Well I don't have anywhere on my arms or anywhere to hit myself so I tried in my groin left side leg area well when I was pushing in the needle the needle broke off for me I don't know what to do no blood was pulling up when I was trying to pull back I don't want to go to the emergency room I don't want to cut myself open I don't know I'm scared to death is things going to go to my heart someone please help me and tell me what in the hell I should do

I would definitely go to the emergency room if you can't get it back out. Definitely!

If you cannot remove the broken tip with tweezers yourself, you should go to the hospital and have a professional do it. It's understandable to be scared and embarrassed but doctors are there to help you. You're not going to be arrested or anything like that.

Go as soon as possible.
People have died with broken needles in there. Go please.

Who cares who finds out??
You would rather Survive than save face right?
Prayers going up for your wellness!

I had this happen before but I was able to pull it out. My buddy had this happen and he cut it out.... Your best bet is the ER, buddy. Better than get an infection or something. And I live in a small town too, I know how it is....

Never ever try to shoot in your upper groan area again. Go to emergency room. U did not hit a arterie. U would know if u did trust me.

Get to the ER ASAP. If the tip of that needle punctures your femoral artery, potential embarrassment is going to be the least of your worries.

Last edited:
Go as soon as possible.
People have died with broken needles in there. Go please.

Who cares who finds out??
You would rather Survive than save face right?
Prayers going up for your wellness!

OP I hope this serves as a lesson for you to choose your IV site much more carefully in the future, botched up IV work leads to embolisms and amputations, which gradually evolve into risk of death and are nothing to be taken lightly.

We're here to help you man but please recognize when it's time to seek emergency healthcare, even at the cost of risking losing street cred.

Stay safe,
Tez

ER ASAP plz man, i never ended up in a hospital, but if i have to, i wouldn't think twice, especially on occassions like this.

Like everyone else said go to the ER. Or at least to a doctor though your going to need an ultrasound if they can't retrieve the needle. If it's not near the artery the may leave it instead of doing surgery.