• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Places you have travelled to, or would like to travel to

I've traveled to about 23 countries and 36 cities in Europe, i've been living in Budapest, Hungary for the last four months. This is hand's down my favorite city of the places i've been.

I really want to visit Iceland, the Swedish/Finnish laplands and the Fjords in Norway, just utterly stunning scenery.. it's just so expensive that i havn't been able to yet, i could visit for a week or more but i want to spend much more time there.

iceland_fjallabak_09_big.jpg

Last edited:
Budapest sounds great too, love to go there.

There something in todays paper about Norway -

Why Norway could be the best place on Earth

THINK you've seen it all during your travels? Well if you haven't been here you're missing out. Majorly.
It's a big call, but we're declaring that Norway could be the best place on Earth.
Don't believe us? Take a look at the photos below. From natural wonders to really happy locals and a spectacular light show, here are 18 reasons why Norway will rock your world. This list was inspired by a Huffington Post article.

1. You won't have to look far for a good photo op

Norway is home to stunning scenery at every turn, including jawdropping rock formations. It's probably one of the most beautiful places you'll ever see.

2. Kjeragbolten is one of these amazing spots

Is there a boulder more famous than Kjeragbolten? Tourists flock here so they can take the ultimate travel snap, suspended over a thousand metres high and wedged between two cliffs. Just don't look down!

955530-a88280bc-7993-11e3-ad16-5b01da53a32e.jpg

Continued at -

http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...t-place-on-earth/story-fnjpj945-1226799955883

Gotta agree with those saying Budapest is a fucking awesome city to visit, I backpacked Europe in 2012 and Budapest was pretty much my last stop before heading home. If I am completely honest, I wasn't sure what to expect from it, of all the places I visited I definitely knew the least about it before getting there and it turned out to be one of the highlights of my trip.I would say of the places that I visited, Budapest and Berlin were the best, with Prague not too far behind.

I really, really want to do South East Asia next, been dead keen on travelling around/living there for years now but unfortunately it just hasn't come to fruition. I know as soon as I stop spending every cent on drugs or alcohol I wont be far off it though as you get good bang for your buck over there.

I don't think there is a place in the fucking world you could hand me a plane ticket to and me not get on the flight. Travelling is an amazing experience and I hope to see a great many more Countries before I die.

^ Me gives d_m a ticket to north Korea and says have a great time :)

But seriously, all those places you mentioned sound cool as, berlin, budapest and se asia. One day, as you also said, im not too far off. 5-10 years and less family and animal commitments and I will be doing some of these places I hope. Even alone, I dont care, Im big enough and smart enough to have fun on my own.

Speaking of being sick: I just had to cut a trip short due to an insurance fuck-up. I was incredibly ill in Vietnam, having picked up a bacterial infection and rotavirus at the same time. It started when I was visiting a friend in Long Xuyen. I fell ill one day and suffered diarrhea, vertigo, and a pins and needles sensation down the left side of my body. I almost thought I was having a stroke. Considering I was in a city which isn't exactly on the tourist trail, my friend took me to a pharmacist for medical advice. I've done this before in South America but doing it through an interpreter was bullshit. I ended up swallowing some metronidazol, some drug for pancreatitis, and an antispasmodic. This made me feel slightly better so I followed the regime of four more doses and pretty much felt okay.

A week later in Ho Chi Minh city I became incredibly ill again. I had no neurological symptoms, but I had the worst diahrrea I've ever had. On the second day it got so bad that I was pretty much shitting what felt like stomach acid every 15 minutes. So this time I went to a hospital. I ended up on fluids, a long course of ciprofloxacin, and an antidiarrhea drug (not loperamide). The side effects from the antibiotic pretty much kept me in bed for a week before I could move.

I got to Thailand, and after a month I was still feeling shit, so I took my medical records and test results to a gastroenterologist at an international hospital. He was convinced that the ciprofloxacin had wiped out all of the healthy bacteria in my gut. So he recommended taking a probiotic. A week later, I was feeling a little better so I bought more probiotics and took my flight to London. I was planning on staying there for a bit before visiting friends around Europe that I'd met on previous travels. Anyway, I had to change my insurance policy because I was now in a "different region" and my condition suddenly became pre-existing. I got sick again just before I was going to go to Spain to visit friends in Bilbao.

Being Australian, I could have seen a doctor for free through the NHS but, when I tried to register, I was told I'd have to wait a couple of weeks to see the doctor. I could have went to a private clinic but the fee was 150 pound just for a consultation. I was worried that something was really wrong so I decided to cut my losses and return home given that the cost of any private treatment was going to balloon out with the length of testing and treatment.

I've been tested here and I have a bacterial imbalance in my gut but I'm slowly getting better. It's been three months since it began and I'm just now getting over it. It was a bogus trip. I've spent a lot of time in Central and South America, including rural areas, but I've never been sick like this. I couldn't even drink beer the last two months I was away.

Thank fuck I'm on the mend.

Maybe on topic; can anyone suggest a Thailand-type resort/island suitable for a small group of forty something year old teenagers to go and have a celebration of of a significant milestone in aging disgracefully?
I have heard about places that you can rent the resort and it has different themes in different areas...
Any suggestions welcome, doesn't need to be Thailand can even be in Australia, as a couple of my best friends are not actually even allowed within a radius of any airports :O

Last edited:
Thanks for the links, my budget probably max 's out at around 5k possibly more if the Year is good to my industry.
Thanks for the links, I haven't looked yet but it looks like a great starting place.

^ Yeah, I have been doing numbers 1-3 for quite some time now and am really starting to see some serious progress with it all, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel lol. Number 4 is on the back burner for me for a while, but that time will come.

When the time does come and you are ready to travel again polediver, have you considered using a site like AirBnB to rent out your place? That way you can be generating some rent to throw into your mortgage while you're travelling.

Im planning to do that this year. I want to spend some time living and working in places where cost of living is cheap. While Im there I plan to manage my place through AirBnB and use it as an additional source of income. I have to do the research to see how feasible this is, but from what I understand people are already doing this.

At this stage, Im planning to live/work and move between places like Thailand, India, maybe Cambodia and im not sure where else yet. I need to research and find suitable places that have cheap accommodation, nice surrounds and reliable internet which I need to work while I stay there...

I've traveled to about 23 countries and 36 cities in Europe, i've been living in Budapest, Hungary for the last four months. This is hand's down my favorite city of the places i've been...

malakaix that sounds amazing. Could I ask you, how do you manage to fund yourself living abroad for extended periods? Do you work while your travel? Or do you work and save first then, just travel on what you've saved?

Im saving at the moment but I plan to work while I travel as well. Is that what you do?

When the time does come and you are ready to travel again polediver, have you considered using a site like AirBnB to rent out your place? That way you can be generating some rent to throw into your mortgage while you're travelling.

Im planning to do that this year. I want to spend some time living and working in places where cost of living is cheap. While Im there I plan to manage my place through AirBnB and use it as an additional source of income. I have to do the research to see how feasible this is, but from what I understand people are already doing this.

At this stage, Im planning to live/work and move between places like Thailand, India, maybe Cambodia and im not sure where else yet. I need to research and find suitable places that have cheap accommodation, nice surrounds and reliable internet which I need to work while I stay there...

Yeah I have considered it, but I wont to sell and move, the travel will come for me again eventually, I just have to hang in there and keep doing what I am doing, I owe less than 10% on my place now, and I can realistically sell with that still owing if I wont to.

Koh phan nang is looking pretty good for party time.. Can rent a house there sleeping 12 people for about 5k a week with own chef and all the trimmings
The tricky part will be working out numbers of attendees and wannabes :)

I have not traveled loads but i ave been fortunate to visit some interesting places in the world. My favourite country is India, i have been there 3 times and i see myself returning many times in the future, other countries i have really found fascinating are Bolivia and Turkey.

I would love to travel extensively through Indonesia, it really fascinates me but i have an interest in archipelagos in general

At this present point in time i feel really shallow and i am planning a trip in june , one week in Tokyo one week in New York with only one purpose, acquire as much vinyl as possible

I'd like to travel to a place of open consciousness, where people are not judgemental because of ignorance.

i like the under water room idea. they should have a strip club like that with huge titted women swiming around with their tits flopping around.

malakaix that sounds amazing. Could I ask you, how do you manage to fund yourself living abroad for extended periods? Do you work while your travel? Or do you work and save first then, just travel on what you've saved?

Im saving at the moment but I plan to work while I travel as well. Is that what you do?

I saved up money before traveling; but i mostly travel to cheap countries.. i have been traveling exclusively in Eastern Europe this time. While im traveling i usually offer to do volunteer work at different places, this gives me free accommodation and food, sometimes they even pay you a little bit of money. This keeps my costs down in an already cheap country and you get to spend a couple of weeks or a few months in one place for free which for me is my pace of travel, all you're paying for is alcohol and maybe public transport/some tourist attractions.

http://www.ndoherty.com/about/ - I've followed this Irish guy a bit on Facebook, he is way more organized and structured then i am. He works as a freelance web designer while traveling the world.. so he can make money from virtually any remote location, and also has a passive income from book sales. The digital nomad network is where it's at for long-term sustainable travel, all these people make money online so they can travel endlessly.

Last edited:
I just got my application for Latvian citizenship approved... Making me a prospective citizen of the EU!

What kind of work can one pickup in europe while on a travelling holiday? I want to go all over - London, German, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Spain, France....

I just got my application for Latvian citizenship approved... Making me a prospective citizen of the EU!

What kind of work can one pickup in europe while on a travelling holiday? I want to go all over - London, German, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Spain, France....

Bartending, Teaching English. - These two are probably your best options for decent income, although bartending might be a little difficult in countries where you don't speak the native language, but i've met tons of Australians working in bars in places like the coast of Portugal. Then there's obscure odd jobs that you might come across, i was offered a job last week to help run pub tours through Budapest, not much money but it all counts when your traveling.

Lots of people work in hostels, usually just for free accommodation and food.. their generally not paid, but sometimes you come across the rare place that does pay a little bit.

It can also depend on who you know, i met some expats in Budapest who have been doing stuntman and acting work as extra's on movie sets around the city; as they often use the city to film because it's much cheaper and they can pass it off as cities like Moscow or other European capitals for films.

There's also seasonal work, like working at a ski resort.. You can actually make some serious money in countries like Switzerland, i met many dual-citizen Australian's working in the alps as ski instructors, bartenders, dishwashers etc.. but it's usually competitive to get a job there and can depend heavily on who you know. I tried to get work this winter, but i didn't have much luck.

Last edited:
@ malakaix

Yeah when Ive traveled in the past Ive always just saved a bit, like a few thousand, then burned my savings. Thats why I have only ever been able to do short trips so far. Usually just 2-3 weeks at a time. My next trip I'm going to go away for months at a time.

...The digital nomad network is where it's at for long-term sustainable travel, all these people make money online so they can travel endlessly.

This is what I have steadily been working towards. I basically quit working from an office like 18 months ago to work solely online and to try to build a passive income. Now I do all my work through odesk.com. Originally I made that choice because I wanted to be able to work and travel, but also because I didnt like my life at the time. The 9-5 grind, client meetings and fuckwit work colleagues were making life a complete hassle and was getting me down.

It's taken a long time but I'm almost to the point now where I am generating enough combined income to think about my original goal of traveling, and being able to work while I travel... All things going well, I should be able to make a move this year. I am aiming for July / August. Just need to finish a couple more projects and then Ill be ready.

I also need to do all the research about the travel side of things... just starting to think about that now.