• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Phlegm and smoking heroin

Missav36

Greenlighter
I been smoking heroin off foil very heavily for months now and I have phlegm that I can't seem to even seem to cough up. I'm hoping I haven't did anything irreversible. Has anyone else ever had any similar situation happen to them?

It's pretty common to experience what you're experiencing as a result of Heroin use, especially by the vaporization route, as you are partaking in. Opioids slow secretions of the body in many different ways. Intestinal motility is slowed most notably, but the effects are obvious in other areas of the body. You may be aware that Opiates were the most common and probably most-effective treatment for Tuberculosis prior to the advent of antibiotics. Tuberculosis basically eats away the lungs and as it does, a bloody and productive cough becomes endemic.

Tuberculosis could be spread through these droplets, so stopping the coughing was a great addition to relief from pain. It is possible that you will be able to pass the phlegm more easily after stopping the Heroin. Otherwise, you can maybe try some Guaifinesin (Mucinex). It loosens mucus and makes it easier to pass, antithetical to what the Opiates would do. It goes without saying that any one of many conditions could be causing your throat issues. If you determine that it's not directly and primarily caused by the Heroin, take it as a sign to see a medical professional.

I been smoking heroin off foil very heavily for months now and I have phlegm that I can't seem to even seem to cough up. I'm hoping I haven't did anything irreversible. Has anyone else ever had any similar situation happen to them?
foil is bad to smoke on as well, im sure you know what side to use and to burn off the coating, but yes it was hard to cough, hard to breath period but i smoked fent, i dont smoke snort or pop them anymore and odd as it is my lungs are doing really well even after a really bad cold few weeks back, as keif says mucinex is great, quitting is better, but easier said than done, wish for you to breath easier one day

foil is bad to smoke on as well, im sure you know what side to use and to burn off the coating, but yes it was hard to cough, hard to breath period but i smoked fent, i dont smoke snort or pop them anymore and odd as it is my lungs are doing really well even after a really bad cold few weeks back, as keif says mucinex is great, quitting is better, but easier said than done, wish for you to breath easier one day
How long were you doing it and how did you quit,?

year i think maybe 14 mo, im bad at time recollection, i say a year, and i pretty much cold turkey`d it, lotta tea and water and broth, easy to toss up, no sleep was the hard part, think we all would like to sleep WD time away, but yeah pretty harsh week, but you could do it if i could do it, i was lucky to not have had to work, so i took that time to be sick.You could def get meds and do it, im worried about you, from other posts, let me know how you are doing, many really care in BL, ive done H before, smoked, when i couldnt get what i wanted, but i think it was just cow manure, but from what ive heard fent hurts worse to come off, again hope youre ok.seemed desperate in your HEROIN thread