• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Phenyephrone?

Chucknutter

Greenlighter
Would this compound have any central activity?

Obviously phenylephrine itself is absolutely terrible, even worse than pseudoephedrine, however since oxidising pseudo results in methcathinone, would something similar happen for oxidising phenylephrine?

Pseudoephedrine is incredibly easy for me to get, so I'm probably never gonna do this, however it seems interesting.

This is off topic but are you very familiar with methcathinone? If yes, by what route if you know was it synthesized? Thank you. Any details would be appreciated.

-GC

This is off topic but are you very familiar with methcathinone? If yes, by what route if you know was it synthesized? Thank you. Any details would be appreciated.

-GC
Synthesis discussion isn't allowed on bluelight, however a quick Google search of what you're looking for should work.

I’m not asking how to make it.. I’m simply asking if you knew how it was made (the name of the route would suffice and is not against the rules of BL, ie potassium permanagante route?). And more importantly I’d like an opinion on methcat since some people love it some people hate it.. I ask about route too because that seems to be a defining factor in whether people actually enjoy it or not.

I’d understand if you’d rather not.

As to your OP, the resulting substance if possible would likely be garbage. If you got the pseudo I’d just stick with it.

-GC

I’m not asking how to make it.. I’m simply asking if you knew how it was made (the name of the route would suffice and is not against the rules of BL, ie potassium permanagante route?). And more importantly I’d like an opinion on methcat since some people love it some people hate it.. I ask about route too because that seems to be a defining factor in whether people actually enjoy it or not.

I’d understand if you’d rather not.

As to your OP, the resulting substance if possible would likely be garbage. If you got the pseudo I’d just stick with it.

-GC
I've looked into the two most common routes of making it but I'd know most about the permanganate route however I wouldn't know much about either.

All the methcathinone I've had has been terribly synthesised so I can't say much about the drug, sadly. It did all the same things that amphetamine does to me, but I don't react normally to amphetamine. I definitely like this drug and will be trying it again, however it wasn't good enough to warrant me going out of my way to get more. I'll try some more eventually.

As for the routes I used, oral was terrible, smoking was a pain in the ass to work, and so I snorted. Insufflating seemed like the best route.

Would this compound have any central activity?

Obviously phenylephrine itself is absolutely terrible, even worse than pseudoephedrine, however since oxidising pseudo results in methcathinone, would something similar happen for oxidising phenylephrine?

Pseudoephedrine is incredibly easy for me to get, so I'm probably never gonna do this, however it seems interesting.

I doubt it would work as a CNS stimulant, as it seems to be lacking the alpha-methyl group; also, the phenolic OH isn't exactly conducive to making across the blood brain barrier either.

From what I understand, the medical value of phenylephrine itself when administered systemically (i.e. as a substitute for pseudo in a general cold remedy, as opposed to being administered topically) is pretty doubtful to begin with.

All I can say about Phenylephrine is that it feels just adrenergic and there is a very small range where effects are desirable before it starts to feel like an OD.

All I can say about Phenylephrine is that it feels just adrenergic and there is a very small range where effects are desirable before it starts to feel like an OD.
You have used phenylephrine to try get high?

Just a quick reminder for everyone,

No synthesis discussion allowed.

Nothing has hit synth talk yet, but there is a fine line in speaking about routes to obtain an end product and chemical synthesis. Tread lightly please as a great conversation can go south quickly in discussions like these.

Many thanks,
Mr. Deeds