• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Phenibut

MCB-96

Greenlighter
Hey I had a question. Why does phenibut kick in almost immediately somewhat? It's like it kick in a little bit right away. Like alcohol fast but not all of it. Is it because I accidentally freebased it when I mixed in some baking soda and moisture?

I notice this as well. Folks say it takes 3hrs but I feel it much much sooner and subsequently wears off much sooner too.

-GC

Not sure but for myself; doses tend to "come on" quickly at say 200mg, 1.5g takes about 5 hours to peak but lasts forever. 1 g and i get the "feel" in like 10 hours.
just crazy shit imo/e
:laughing:

This is legit strange! Finally took my first ever dose of Phenibut and I started hella low 100mg and I swear to luci this shit is kicking in almost immediately..things are brighter and I feel light on my feet and a bit happier as I was a bit on the depressed side bc of not scoring for my fiendish D.o.c.

Hey I had a question. Why does phenibut kick in almost immediately somewhat? It's like it kick in a little bit right away. Like alcohol fast but not all of it. Is it because I accidentally freebased it when I mixed in some baking soda and moisture?
Shit take a bit, if you ever have taken gabapentin, it is sorta like that as far as onset time. Usually it takes around 2-3 hours to start feeling a creep. Now, if you get f-pheni that onset is much quicker, we are talking 30 - 45 minutes.

I find that baclofen, which is chemically quite similar albeit more potent at GABA-B, produces a noticeable effect in 10 minutes or so.

It could be as simple as your stomach being empty and absorption starting quite quickly. It could take much longer to reach peak/maximum blood levels though!

It does seem to vary. sometimes you get an initial alert and then the rest kicks in later.
An above post states that different dosages have different onsets and I might agree.
The unpredictability of it is why it seems to slap you every now and then. It's why I mostly stick to the lower doses now. If I want a stronger buzz, I'll combine it with something.

GHB, an GABA- b and GHB receptor agonist works within second or at least within minutes. Although the reboud is oposite ( dopamine related rebound? ). Something Phenibut lacks.

But the effects are not even alike. GHB is very Euphoric and short lasting. Phenibut is besides being a goog way to get of GHB/ GBL or Baclofen for that matter . Same mechanisme. But both these substances don't agree with me, especially Pheninibut with which I have exp with. It made me nausseaus even at minimal dosages and has an long acting depressing effect, on me, opposed to GHB. They share the naussau when overdone, but I would rather overdue GHB as its at least euphoric.

Phenibut actually has both GABA-B agonist activity (like baclofen) but also calcium channel blocking activity too (like gabapentin).

Thats what makes it so unique.

Phenibut actually has both GABA-B agonist activity (like baclofen) but also calcium channel blocking activity too (like gabapentin).

Thats what makes it so unique.
And it misses the GHB-receptor activation, which is probably the main cause of the euphoria I experience on it.

Phenibut felt when it started working toxic. Pregabalin, excellent anxiolytic imo, only got me high on my first dose. Felth actually quite a lot like the come up of MDMA. Before you get bombarded with neurotransmitter's but when you feel something is of. Butt that could be an odd reaction or placebo, the dose was 75 mg. Cured my debiitating Tinnitus on spot, one moment it was there then the Lyrica hit gone.

And indeed @yubacity it sure takes its time to start working. 1.45 minutes up to 2 hours.

Last edited: