• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Phenibut

OneEyedRonnie

Bluelighter
Hey Ladies & Gents,

I have noticed an upswing in my anxiety levels over the last couple weeks. I've tried meditation, going to sleep earlier, cleaning up my diet, exercising and talking about my problems/concerns with friends, but it has cast a bit of a shadow over my life as of late. I'm not terribly keen on the idea of going to my doctor and asking for benzos (partially because I'm anxious about doing it!), and so, I have ordered some phenibut from a reliable vendor online.

My question is (and if this is against the rules please let me know), what would an appropriate/safe starting dosage be (assuming no tolerance)? I have read some experience reports on Erowid of people starting off with like, 5 grams, but this seems kind of crazy to me. I don't want to get "drunk", I just want some relief from my symptoms, maybe a couple times a week.

Also, how effective have you guys found phenibut as an anxiolytic?

If anybody has any input/advice, let me know :)

Last edited:
Start low with any drug but i reccomend 1-2 grams your first time and remeber that phenibut takes a long time 2+ hours to fully kick in so do NOT redose early thinking you didnt take enough, if you go to high on phenibut you will gey spins and other terrible side effects i personally get nauseas on anything above 2.5 grams 5 grams is a very high dose, i wouldnt go above 3 personally but everyone is different but start low and work from there.

Also remeber that with any drug addiction is possible and if you use it daily you will become addicted and your anxiety will most likely worsen so i wouldnt take it more than 3 times a week, a drug that i reccomend for anxiety is tianeptine, look this up it can be addictive and i dont reccomend high doses to get high but for anxiety a dose of 50-100 mg 2-3 times a week is great for anxiety also it seems to last into the next day for me. But back on topic i personally dont find much anxiety relief from Phenibut but orgers get the exact oppositte see how you like it and start low and work your way up!

Ahh, Thanks guys!

I'll look into tianeptine for sure!

Edit: I settled for 800mg (a rough average of your suggestions) and took it about an hour ago. Still not feeling much, but I will give it time and won't redose. Have a good night fellas!

Last edited:
Very strange compound. It only seems to give a mood boost when I'm REALLY feeling down. When the coke wears off and I take 2grams or so I feel way better. But if I take it any other time I just get sleepy.

When I used to take phenibut, I always took between 1.5-3 grams, but I still think a person should start no higher than 500mgs.

I started using it for anxiety and sleep and it worked great. In the very beginning, it also provided me with a hard to describe energy that felt really good and actually made it quite recreational. Unfortunately that was the first aspect to go away. It lost its magic for me but still helped with anxiety and sleep. But then after awhile I was using Phenibut simply to maintain; I was no longer getting any real joy out of it. I started getting rebound anxiety, insomnia, irritability etc on days when I didn't take it.

I never developed any kind of crippling addiction to it the way others have reported, however it definitely started to cause me some problems psychologically. After going through a couple of 100-gram tubs, I realized the magic was long gone and that Phenibut was doing me more harm than good.

Sorry to stray off topic. To answer your question, yes it does work for anxiety if used responsibly but if you aren't careful, it can also make your anxiety so much worse in the long run.

I took 1g this morning before work and redosed around 7pm with 600mg (I work 12 hour shifts) and man..

Mentally I feel good! No anxiety and a nice, natural-feeling mood boost.

But the nausea! I don't know if I have a weak stomach or what, but I've been feeling sick for hours! Nothing major, but enough to be uncomfortable. Maybe I should make myself puke.

I'll likely refrain from taking any more for a few days and then try a lighter dose when I go back to it next week. Thanks for the replies guys!

So you already used it 2 days in a row??

I'd STRONGLY suggest you don't do that again.

Maybe some people can get away with it be you are playing with fire.

For me, I NEVER take it more than once every 5 days.

On the tubs they recommend you not exceed 4000mgs per week or that you use it more than twice a week and those are good guidelines.

I'll tell you my opinions on it as an anxiety aid and otherwise:

I don't understand why you'd be afraid to ask your doctor for benzos but will use Phenibut as in my personal opinion classic benzos like Klonopin and Lorazapam have MUCH less potential for serious addiction.

I know others STRONGLY disagree with me and I have an atypical reaction in terms of being able to deal with taking Klonopin VERY often without ever getting WD BUT there are some BAD stories about people getting addicted to Phenibut JUST FROM TAKING IT 3 DAYS IN A ROW AND THEN HAVING HORRIBLE WITHDRAWAL.

I've never heard of that happening with benzos.

So Do NOT exceed 2 days a week of using it.

Me personally, my sweet spot is between 2,900--3,300mgs.

I find it helps with anxiety, but again, if you have chronic anxiety like me I think you won't be able to use it as often as a benzo without getting badly addicted so I think benzos are safer and better as anxiety aids.

But I think Phenibut FOR ME is more recreational, just as a once a week thing to have fun with.

I know I might get flamed for this since BL is generally against recommending benzos, but they're really the only thing that works for me and are pretty safe. I'm terrified of phenibut after taking 2-3 grams several times with no issues, and then one time completely passing out and waking up with vomit trails down my mouth. I really think you should see a dr. and ask about valium.

I know I might get flamed for this since BL is generally against recommending benzos, but they're really the only thing that works for me and are pretty safe. I'm terrified of phenibut after taking 2-3 grams several times with no issues, and then one time completely passing out and waking up with vomit trails down my mouth. I really think you should see a dr. and ask about valium.

And it SUCKS that someone will probably come in and flame you for it because I agree 100%.

Klonopin has helped me IMMENSELY and my life is better for it and I've seen VERY few negative side effects in 12 years of usage.

For some reason the "HR" around here only relates to "physical" harm reduction and never takes into account the experiences of those who suffer from serious anxiety and how some of these drugs can SOMETIMES have more benefits than downsides.

Instead everyone talks endlessly about how horrible benzos are and how "doctors prescribe them like candy" but my experience has been the opposite, that due to so much fear mongering doctors REFUSE to prescribe them to patients who really need them because they are addictive.

Benzos have certainly harmed a lot of people but NOT HAVING ACCESS TO THEM has also immeasurably harmed a lot of people in a different way.

But most people around here don't want to consider the psychological harm anxiety sufferers have to deal with when denied benzos, they only consider the dangers of benzo abuse.

Exactly. Plus, if OP gets a legitimate script then I'm sure their doctor will help them taper off if/when they decide to come off of them. The main danger with benzos is abusing them and then running out, or having to CT because you lost your connect. Benzos have helped me immensely with my anxiety, and I used to get panic attacks almost daily.

Exactly. Plus, if OP gets a legitimate script then I'm sure their doctor will help them taper off if/when they decide to come off of them. The main danger with benzos is abusing them and then running out, or having to CT because you lost your connect. Benzos have helped me immensely with my anxiety, and I used to get panic attacks almost daily.

Right.

Compare that to Phenibut, a relatively unknown drug, and I think the risks of using Phenibut are bigger.

Most doctors in the U.S. and most parts of the world (other than Russia where Phenibut is more understood and regularly prescribed) don't even know what Phenibut IS AT ALL let alone how to help someone with a Phenibut addiction.

At least every hospital knows how to help someone with benzo addiction.

You have all these people on here who tell you not to use benzos but go right ahead and use something which is essentially the same kind of drug but MUCH less understood and which could quite possibly be MORE addictive and dangerous.

I've NEVER heard of ANYONE getting physically dependent to anyone conventional benzo from 3 days in a row of usage but there's been a few people on here who had that happen with Phenibut and then had full blown auditory and visual hallucinations when they abstained on the 4th day.

I'm not saying I don't like Phenibut, I'm on it right now, but it's just as dangerous if not moreso than benzos IMO.

It's because of some of the threads on here I read about people who so easily got addicted to Phenibut that I was scared to the point where I won't even CONSIDER using it more than once every 5 days.

Since I've stuck to that rule I've been able to enjoy it though.

Benzodiazepines are portrayed sometimes as The Devil on BL because BL is populated largely by drug addicts or former drug addicts, and such people are attracted to benzodiazepines like flies to shit.

Benzodiazepines are portrayed sometimes as The Devil on BL because BL is populated largely by drug addicts or former drug addicts, and such people are attracted to benzodiazepines like flies to shit.

I think that a lot of these addicts (I'm a bit of one too so I'm not judging) tend to forget that they are biased due to not always being able to use them responsibly though.

It's when some of these people claim that even RESPONSIBLE benzo usage for legitimate medical reasons and NOT to get high is still some HORRIBLE thing and that it isn't POSSIBLE it could be dangerous but is 100% DEFINITELY going to ruin your life that I get annoyed.

Right.

Compare that to Phenibut, a relatively unknown drug, and I think the risks of using Phenibut are bigger.

Most doctors in the U.S. and most parts of the world (other than Russia where Phenibut is more understood and regularly prescribed) don't even know what Phenibut IS AT ALL let alone how to help someone with a Phenibut addiction.

You have all these people on here who tell you not to use benzos but go right ahead and use something which is essentially the same kind of drug but MUCH less understood and which could quite possibly be MORE addictive and dangerous.

I've NEVER heard of ANYONE getting physically dependent to anyone conventional benzo from 3 days in a row of usage but there's been a few people on here who had that happen with Phenibut and then had full blown auditory and visual hallucinations when they abstained on the 4th day.

I'm not saying I don't like Phenibut, I'm on it right now, but it's just as dangerous if not moreso than benzos IMO.

It's because of some of the threads on here I read about people who so easily got addicted to Phenibut that I was scared to the point where I won't even CONSIDER using it more than once every 5 days.

I'm addicted to it. I used daily for the past year and a half. I have polyneuropathy and it's really helped but now I'm an addict. I'm using fasoracetam as I slowly taper my dose down and I hope against hope to be able to try life without it within the next two to three months. So far I've dropped my dose by two thirds without problem. In fact the faso may be working as I've lately been feeling some of the old phenibut glow that I had completely lost long ago.

I really am searching for some decent protocol for withdrawing from Phenibut and I'm going to be a guinea pig and see how this goes. I really would like to help others with this habit. Of course if the wds are too serious and my neuropathy pain is affected too much then I won't be able to get off but at least I'll have greatly lowered my dose. Fortunately I'm in my 60s and have had one hell of a life up till this past couple of years. If things get bad I plan to off myself and not much will be lost. I've done my best work.

Thanks for listening to my little rant.

Hey guys! Yep, I took it 2 days in a row.. I didn't know it was such a bad idea to do that. Yikes, guess I should have done some more research.

Also, just to clarify something I said in the OP: I am anxious about asking my doctor for a benzodiazepine, not afraid to take one :)

Hopefully I won't feel like utter shit tomorrow as it will be my first day of abstaining after 2 days of use. I'll be sure to keep you guys updated. Thanks for all the input/suggestions/advice!

Edit: Also, Cosmic Trigger: Best of luck, my friend! Please let us know how it's going! I had missed that line about "offing yourself" in that last paragraph somehow. I sincerely hope things don't get that bad and hope that you will keep in touch with us here. After reading this thread, I'm
half-tempted to just throw out the rest of my phenibut.

Anyway, I wish you all the best with your taper, and please let us know how it goes!

-Ron

Last edited:
Hey guys! Yep, I took it 2 days in a row.. I didn't know it was such a bad idea to do that. Yikes, guess I should have better done some more research.

Also, just to clarify something I said in the OP: I am anxious about asking my doctor for a benzodiazepine, not afraid to take one :)

Hopefully I won't feel like utter shit tomorrow as it will be my first day of abstaining after 2 days of use. I'll be sure to keep you guys updated. Thanks for all the input/suggestions/advice!

I doubt you'll feel like shit but from what I've heard I personally wouldn't use it 2 days in a row.

If I were you I would never use it more than once every 5 days and never more than 4,000mgs max in one day (that's usually too much for me anyways as it makes me all dizzy).

Those are just the guidelines I stick to though.

But since it's harder to use it as frequently as benzos I personally would ask your doctor about prescribing one.

I think overall they are better for anxiety than Phenibut.

Right.

Damn dude, that WD sounds rough. I never got addicted but stopped fucking around with it after a "safe" (3g) dose nearly killed me, and like I said in another thread, I can handle china white and etizolam together no problem. It's just really sketched me out since then. I've taken that dose several times before too. I'd rather deal with well known and tested addictive drugs than relatively untested addictive drugs that most doctors know nothing about.

morphine-dreams, if you don't mind me asking, the time you passed out on 3 grams, did you have any other gaba drugs or other kinds of downers in your system at the time, or was it only the phenibut?

I always remained perfectly alert and functional after 2-3 gram doses, but I remember once when I combined it with a small amount of alcohol and it had me stumbling around WAY worse than I ever would have expected.

Just mirtazapine, which I take daily and have taken with phenibut too. I also have a massive natural alcohol tolerance (generations of drunks). Like, chugging a bottle of whiskey to get moderately drunk. Other times I've taken up to 5g and functioned fine. I have no idea what happened that night, which is why I won't touch it again. Maybe it was laced, or a different product, but it was from liftmode and felt like phenibut, so I really don't know.