• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Phenibut - New to phenibut... panic attacks caused by phenibut?

noone1

Bluelighter
Having life long crippling social and generalized anxiety I decided to give this stuff a whirl as a legal slightly safer alternative to benzos is attractive.

I haven't taken any doses that exceed 500mg and have only done it a few times but anyways the first time I tried it a few minutes after I tried it I freaked the fuck out and had a really bad panic attack. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Or is this just my medication phobia at work? After a couple of hours I did indeed feel calm and the panic attack and anxiety dissipated.

I tried it again the next day and I had another panic attack about 10 minutes after I took it though it was less intense. I keep thinking what if I got a bad poisoned batch or something...

Does anyone else experience the same thing?

your having a panic attack based on fear of using a new substance i think is what id call it, nothing to do with phenibut itself, and id have to say that phenibut would not be a good option to use for daily anxiety since its WDs are really bad and its really addictive.

Id look into kava kava, that helps me but doesnt last that long, or other official meds perscribed by a doc to help with anxiety since phenibut isnt the best choice for constant anxiety.

Like i said before your just being paranoid about using the new substance, nothing about the substance itself is causing your fears, so calm and relax, im sure your batch is as clean as anybodies which means lab grade. so your 100% safe put your fears away :)

Phenibut takes wayyyy longer than a few minuets to kick in. Definitely just your mind fucking with you. Don't let phenibut's legal status fool you, it'll cause dependence even faster than benzos and produce a withdrawal that will rival benzo withdrawal in intensity.

The experience you described above is definitely anxiety from trying a new substance and not the Phenibut. You're all good.

My advice would be to not use Phenibut for panic attacks, it takes up to 2 hours to actually work, so it takes a ton of planning to dose correctly. And be careful with Phenibut, it can turn sour real quick. The nootropic qualities make it easier to function so it's seductive in a ways benzos aren't, but can be just as dangerous.

Phenibut takes 2 hours to kick in. So I seriously doubt this panic attack was caused by phenibut. Sometimes phenibut gives me rebound anxiety when it wears off, but its primary effect is always calming to me.